Tattoos

I got 5 different rodent skulls tattooed around my leg today! the piece as a whole isnt finished, but 3 of the individual skulls are. sorry for the glare, but this was literally 5 minutes after we were done for the day.

1215091720.jpg

OMG love your leg sleeve!!

and the reason some "tattoo snobs" might be critical about meaning is because we have coverage. and with lots of tattoos come lots of questions from retards on the train, grocery store clerks, groups of old ladies having brunch, everybody. and the number one question is "what does that mean". i myself have never asked that question but if i saw any of these herbs i'd pop it.

just because it's not part of a narrative doesnt mean it doesnt represent anything. maybe it's trying to present something that can't be presented.

why would tattoos be limited as a purely representational art form when most others are able to free themselves from those constraints?

here comes the meaning of tatoos argument again.... it's yo skin you do what you want with it.

while i've been asked way too much times about the meaning of mine, telling a different one each time, i've also asked the question a few times to girls with tribals on shoulder or chinese letters that don't mean shit (or mean shit), because it's funny. but this looks good and i don't see the point of questioning it.

speaking of which, last week, i saw a friend of mine at a party. she got chinese letters on her neck. i asked what it meant. she said it's my dad's name in chinese. so i asked if he was either chinese, or dead, or both. she said she just like him. huh, alright, cool.

With patterned tattoos like the one above, it's a work of art in and of itself. I would just name drop the artist if someone asked me about it; seems like explanation enough. It's probably less awkward than trying to make up some historical narrative as to why you have a pirate ship tattooed across your chest.

homeboy took your advice to heart

the previous discussion is just one I wanted no part of. tattoos are tattoos. if you want some longwinded bullshit on how something on your body represents something, so be it. just not for me.

id totally get tattooed by tomas, i just dont want a whole sleeve (ESPECIALLY LEG SLEEVE HA) or body suit by the guy.

the previous discussion is just one I wanted no part of. tattoos are tattoos. if you want some longwinded bullshit on how something on your body represents something, so be it. just not for me.

id totally get tattooed by tomas, i just dont want a whole sleeve (ESPECIALLY LEG SLEEVE HA) or body suit by the guy.

point taken. Can you please delete your post now? 666

667! The neighbor of the beast!

Id get pumped on post 777, if I were you, then change my icon to the Danzig skull. MOTHERRRRRR

Early Christians would use numbers to hide the identity of people who they were attacking. 616 refers to the Emperor Caligula.

Apparently, the dude was a motherfucker back in the day and beheaded his own son, and killed anyone who he felt surpassed him. Just about everyone in rome hated him.

Sure I just googled your little droplet of information.. because I was curious.

Everything's a mistranslation.

666 looks way cooler. BACK TO TATTOOZ PLZ