Tattoos

sorry ahead of time for my lack of artistic vocabulary

buuutt

i saw a guy with this insane tattoo of a cowboy on a bronco, but the shading was unlike any other tattoo I've seen. It was definitely stylized as though it were war era, but the colors looked like such soft strokes (like with a paint brush)

sorry again for this awkward description, but does anyone know any more info on this style (/an artist in ny that'll do it well)?

best

EDIT

so i found an image online and photoshopped to give an idea of what i'm not talking about. although in practice, the tattoo had smooter brush strokes than this:

amandawachob4.jpg

thomas hooper

No doubt. I have an appointment with him in about 6 months. I posted one of his chest pieces on this thread awhile ago but it got no love. He is doing pretty original takes on things, and... from what i can tell he is kind of a denim junkie, oh and vegan.

No doubt. I have an appointment with him in about 6 months. I posted one of his chest pieces on this thread awhile ago but it got no love. He is doing pretty original takes on things, and... from what i can tell his kind of a denim junkie, oh and vegan.

Seriously? How can anyone have missed a hooper piece :confused:

Please do post the next piece you are getting from him :)

I'm getting inked by him as well, as soon as my octopus is done healing and when I've finished the artwork for my sleeve.

Seriously? How can anyone have missed a hooper piece :confused:

Please do post the next piece you are getting from him :)

I'm getting inked by him as well, as soon as my octopus is done healing and when I've finished the artwork for my sleeve.

It was not something of mine, someone had asked about a concept of a skull with a bejeweled crown and I knew of one of hoopers so i posted it but I don't think folks were into it. If all goes well, I will post in six months. I live about a 9 hour drive from Brooklyn so I had to make a holiday out of it, plus I might be having surgery sometime soon and didn't want to it to effect things. You coming all the way from Denmark?

Regino at Invisible NYC

Regino was actually the first one I thought of following mouko's advice, but I couldn't reach him yet. will see.

I might actually get my jawn done in Miami (lulz) because I'll only be in nyc for a few days..

^ sick! my favourite from him is the chestpiece with an owl with its wings spread carrying a pocket watch.

yeah, i will be coming from denmark to get inked by thomas. i can't possibly imagine anyone else doing my tats, well maybe if i want something in colours, i will probably consider someone else.

Regino was actually the first one I thought of following mouko's advice, but I couldn't reach him yet. will see.

I might actually get my jawn done in Miami (lulz) because I'll only be in nyc for a few days..

Miami ink? :D