hockey

julianREE

Well I am shocked that nettie hasn't posted any comments about last nights Canucks game. That was a much better effort from the Canucks. I wonder how much better the Canucks would have played in game 1 had they been able to have a few more days rest and be able to at least get one practice in to prepare. Rick Ball on the Team1040 was saying that Devil's GM/Coach Lou Lamoriello was so upset that his team only had 4 days of rest between series that he complained to the NHL headoffice and got his next series moved back 2 days giving them 6 full days off. Must be nice to have power.

hey ordo have you read this article? pretty cool.

Secret tabled at Turco dinner

Greg Douglas, Vancouver Sun

Published: Saturday, April 28, 2007

SCENE & HEARD: It will be awhile before Dallas Stars goaltender Marty Turco has dinner again at Umberto Menghi's signature eatery, Il Giardino on Hornby Street. Not that Turco has anything against the food or service at the charming Tuscan-style villa. He loves the place. But as Turco's superstitions go, forget it.

Turco picked up the tab for eight of his teammates last Sunday on the eve of Game 7 in the Canucks-Dallas playoff series. Funny thing is, Il Giardino isn't open Sundays. But Turco insisted. He had wined and dined the same eight teammates earlier in the week and when the Stars won Game 5 the next night at GM Place, Turco wasn't taking no for an answer prior to Game 7. The Dallas players would sit in the same seats, order the same meal and drink the same wine.

After several desperate calls from Turco, the chef and two senior staff members agreed to open the restaurant for his private sitting. All in, it would cost Turco close to $10,000 to have the lights turned on, the grills fired up and the tab delivered for the nine hearty diners.

Dallas, of course, lost 4-1 the next night and Turco to this day is unaware that there was a Canucks souvenir collectible coin -- Roberto Luongo edition -- securely taped to the bottom of his chair. Turco should have known. As the team's rallying cry goes: "We are all Canucks".

hey ordo have you read this article? pretty cool.

Secret tabled at Turco dinner

Greg Douglas, Vancouver Sun

Published: Saturday, April 28, 2007

SCENE & HEARD: It will be awhile before Dallas Stars goaltender Marty Turco has dinner again at Umberto Menghi's signature eatery, Il Giardino on Hornby Street. Not that Turco has anything against the food or service at the charming Tuscan-style villa. He loves the place. But as Turco's superstitions go, forget it.

Turco picked up the tab for eight of his teammates last Sunday on the eve of Game 7 in the Canucks-Dallas playoff series. Funny thing is, Il Giardino isn't open Sundays. But Turco insisted. He had wined and dined the same eight teammates earlier in the week and when the Stars won Game 5 the next night at GM Place, Turco wasn't taking no for an answer prior to Game 7. The Dallas players would sit in the same seats, order the same meal and drink the same wine.

After several desperate calls from Turco, the chef and two senior staff members agreed to open the restaurant for his private sitting. All in, it would cost Turco close to $10,000 to have the lights turned on, the grills fired up and the tab delivered for the nine hearty diners.

Dallas, of course, lost 4-1 the next night and Turco to this day is unaware that there was a Canucks souvenir collectible coin -- Roberto Luongo edition -- securely taped to the bottom of his chair. Turco should have known. As the team's rallying cry goes: "We are all Canucks".

i just read that. fucking hilarious, i hate turco so that's great.:)

I've been a huge fan since I can remember. Kings are my team.

I played for 10 years from little tyke hockey to midway through high school, but ice time is just too damn hard to find anymore and too damn expensive. Especially with oil prices and denim prices. =]

im looking forward to the buffalo vs ottawa eastern conference final. in my opinion this one has the potential to be one of the best series in the 07 playoffs. should be fun to watch, hopefully it will go seven games.

definitly, theres already some reallll bad blood between those teams should be great.

Sharks lost. Detroit deserved it though, can't say anything more about it. Go ducks. I want a Sabres vs. Ducks final, but so far my predictions have all been ... not right.

Sharks lost. Detroit deserved it though, can't say anything more about it. Go ducks. I want a Sabres vs. Ducks final, but so far my predictions have all been ... not right.

sorry man but im glad that detroit advanced past san jose.

a detroit vs ottawa matchup would be the best final to watch in my opinion.

nettie... from the way the sharks played, i'm glad detroit advanced too because it tells me the world still works correctly. sharks played shitty, detroit deserved it indefinitely.

one thing we can all agree on though.

Ottawa vs. Buffalo. One HELL of a good series, can't wait for it.

nettie... from the way the sharks played, i'm glad detroit advanced too because it tells me the world still works correctly. sharks played shitty, detroit deserved it indefinitely.

It's funny, the Sharks played one more game than the Canucks this season, and in Vancouver people are largely pleased - whereas, from what they are saying on the radio, Wilson is likely to lose his job in San Jose. It's all about expectations. Nobody expected the Canucks to go anywhere this season, while the Sharks were expected to contend for the Cup. I fear that next year the roles could be reversed. Vancouver fans are brutal on their team when they have high expectations - just ask Naslund or Morrison.

i really hope wilson doesnt lose his job though, it wasn't his fault it was mainly the players. marleau and guerin didnt step up which was much needed. Wilson acquired Rivet and Grier both which were essential to the general make up of the team.

I think the sharks are just doomed to never reach the stanley cup. past three years they went pretty far and looked great, but just that one team had to tie them up.

i don't think vancouver's going to do extremely shitty next year though. i just think they're gonna get better and better. of course they might catch "shark syndrome" and be shitty in the playoffs and doomed to never do anything.. but we'll see next season.

i don't think vancouver's going to do extremely shitty next year though. i just think they're gonna get better and better.

with luongo in net for vancouver i can see that happening. thank god we have him locked up under contract for another three years.

i really hope wilson doesnt lose his job though, it wasn't his fault it was mainly the players.

But he is responsible for getting the best out of his players. There is word that he has lost his dressing room and that he is not well liked by his players. If that is true it doesn't bode well for him staying around.

don't think vancouver's going to do extremely shitty next year though. i just think they're gonna get better and better. of course they might catch "shark syndrome" and be shitty in the playoffs and doomed to never do anything.. but we'll see next season.

I also think that they are going to get better, I was talking about the fans expectations - this season Vancouver fans weren't expecting much, while the Sharks fans expected a run to the Cup. Next year the Canucks fans will be expecting a lot more, while Shark fans just may begin to give up on their team.

been playing hockey pretty much my whole life, dryden lived in my neighbourhood, gilmour too when he was on the leafs. leafs fan when there winning, nobody else when theyre not. anyone in socal play? i used to get out to oxnard for pickup games havent lately though this post has inspired me to get back there.