hockey

julianREE

Detroit took fucking Columbus 9 - 1 last night with some impressive goals. Not bad for a team who has three long term offensive injuries in Franzen, Williams and Filppula who are work horses for the team.

Drew Miller is playing his first game with Detroit tonight after being picked up from Tampa Bay. Good luck Canuck fans!

• 2 weeks later...

I've always been on the fence about the habs. They are on og 6 team, but have more cups than Detroit (the leafs do too but that won't last another couple of decades). Until that fuck Laraque blew my boy Kronwalls knee out on a BS hit last week. Plus there is nothing worse than listening to NHL internet streams in French.

it's easy to hate the hawks. sucks that their time to shine is when the wings are broken.

players prices go up when they see the cup and that hurts in salary cap hockey. all of the 3rd line guys like mikael samuelsson who is now considered a break out star had to leave the wings because they couldn't fork over a raise. happy hudler is player in russia for a few years to make some $$$ and come back when the wings can afford him. i think they'll make do and contend however.

Olympic hockey teams mostly announced... except US...

Russia looks damn good right now, although their defense doesn't seem too intimidating.

Sweden looks like a really solid well-rounded team, but could be hurt by the fact that Franzen is out...

Canada looks like Canada... forwards look amazing, but some snubs could be talked about... bouwmeester, green, doan?

I hope pavelski gets added onto the USA team, he deserves it.

Discuss...

I am pretty happy with the Canadian team at this point. Being a big fan of the Canadian Juniors over the years, it is nice to see so many of the recent players making the big team. It is essentially a new generation, aside from in net, where they went with the experience.

The omissions don't bother me, but if they don't win, let the second guessing begin.

the games are going to be interesting with this team..

personally I don't like marleau or thornton much, but I guess that chemistry is something that can't be ignored..and I was really hoping doan, st louis and jbo made the squad

surprised (and happy) doughty made the team as a rookie, as crosby was omitted his rookie year

but to be honest, I just want to watch that crosby-iginla-nash line work again!

610x.jpg

beauties

winter classic today was great.

what does everyone think of the USA team? I think they might have the best shutdown defense of all the countries.

unbelievable, what a great game

anyone else watch juniors this year? canada was real hot going in

felt bad for those eastern europe countries

So Canada's streak of gold ends at 5.

It was good game, though not one of Canada's best - and disappointing after the last two epic New Years Eve games.

Full marks to the Americans' shot blocking - Canada couldn't get any shots through for long periods of time.

Allen was a real disappointment in the nets and pretty much cost them the game. It isn't often that you see both starting goalies pulled in a game, let alone a gold medal final. Campbell looked much better in the US net and will go first round in summer apparently.

Too bad Eberle's late game heroics couldn't save the bacon this time (cursed Oilers have a great prospect there).

I guess I can start liking Schroeder now since he is going to be a Canuck.

• 2 weeks later...

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw-XBdaEyIg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw-XBdaEyIg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

some great shootout goals from Datsyuk and Bertuzzi. although the red wings lost this game i feel that they showed way more posture than the opposition who sits in first. if detroit makes the playoffs they'll be good to go. one of my favorite stats is how often the president trophy winner hoists the cup. keep on top chicago!