hockey

julianREE

Even if Edmonton aren't in it - you can still cheer for Pronger and Smyth - they are still playing ;)

I can cheer for Smyth, nobody in this city will ever cheer for Pronger though.

Nettie, if we signed Smyth again that would be so smooth on Mr.Lowes part, I really have no idea what his plan is though. Most people want it to happen and thought it would as soon as he was traded, but who knows?

yeah the smyth trade seemed to destroy them. they were really horrible after it.

you think they have a chance at signing him in the offseason? or no chance?

im not a big fan of the the oilers but seeing him in a islander jersey kinda seems wrong to me.

smyth will probably go back to the oilers during the offseason. his contracts only for this year (i think). he's one of those loaners that teams give up to playoff bound teams to add more depth.

But there's still alot of talk that Smytty will indeed test the free agent market..I really don't mind only if we're able to sign a decent defencemen and forward(s)..6th pick in the draft aint looking too shabby either..anybody see vanek play tonight?..'buddy was all over the place..havent really paid much attention to him but he skated as smooth as hemsky tonight..only difference was vanek was shooting the puck..

smyth will probably go back to the oilers during the offseason. his contracts only for this year (i think). he's one of those loaners that teams give up to playoff bound teams to add more depth.

i dont believe symth resigning with the oil in the offseason is such a sure thing.

Awesome Canucks win tonight - what did you think of that Nettie? Will they be able to finish the Stars off on thursday?

I think that this win shows a lot about the mental makeup of this team. In the past they wouldn't be able to put the boots to a team that is under more pressure to win than them. Maybe they just might be able to go another round (spoken with uncharacteristic optimism for a Canuck fan).

Awesome Canucks win tonight - what did you think of that Nettie? Will they be able to finish the Stars off on thursday?

i thought they played pretty well. linden coming through with the winning goal for the canucks was great and he will always be my favorite canuck if he gets the chance to lift the cup before he retires i will die a happy canuck fan.

What mitchell did to prevent the puck from going in at the end of the game was huge. as always luongo was stellar. i couldnt imagine where this team would be if they didnt have luongo in net.

i also think bulis is having a pretty good series. willing to put his body on the line to block shots, great to see.

i think the canucks have a good chance to finish the stars off in five. heres hoping the crowd will be really behind them as im sure they will.

right now im channel surfing between the wild vs ducks and the flames vs wings games. i

im glad minnesota is up 4-1 right now in the game because i dont want to see them get sweeped by anaheim.

i also hope detroit can win their game today and take a 3-0 series lead against calgary.

ottawa also won against pittsburgh by a score of 2-1 giving them a 3-1 lead in the series.

Sharks fan that just noticed this thread. Went to their first home game ever at the Cow Palace and been a fan since. Game 3 was dominating besides their power play. Tomorrow night should be another hard fought game

it's nice to see that there's some american hockey fans out there. i believe the nhl would be so much more interesting if american teams had more support from their home fans. sometimes wish hockey was a little more of a global sports...

it's nice to see that there's some american hockey fans out there. i believe the nhl would be so much more interesting if american teams had more support from their home fans. sometimes wish hockey was a little more of a global sports...

Broadcasters have said San Jose has some of the loudest fans. We love hockey here, our fans are extremely dedicated and the Sharks have awarded us with a great season.

Can't wait for the game tomorrow, hopefully the Sharks will grind the Preds into submission, but they definitly won't go without a fight.

Another sharks fan right here...but if anyone was watching the flames redwings game... Calgarys backup goalie is a little punk bitch and iginla or whatever his name is should be susupended. I use to dislike the flames becuase of that idiot Phaneuf but now I dislike that whole team...learn how to take a defeat.

stars force a game seven tonight after winning two straight games against the canucks. turco has had 2 shutouts in a row.

honestly i dont know what to expect with the canucks anymore. im hoping they will win today but not so sure they will anymore.

also detroit eliminated calgary last night in double overtime with franzen getting the goal which was great. if canucks get eliminated i will be cheering for detroit to go all the way.

just saw the canucks win. my predictions for the next round in the west is that the sharks will easily topple detroit (fast grinding play will kill the wings) and hopefully the ducks can overpower the canucks (sorry canucks fans). i just really want a conference final with the battle of california, north v. south. (of course with the sharks winning though:))

bring on the ducks!

dare to make a prediction of who will win the series?

Its a tough one to call. The Ducks were so strong in the first half on the season, but the Canucks have been the better team since Christmas. Since that point the Canucks picked up 70 points versus the Duck's 50. The Ducks have two of the best playoff-performing defencemen of any team, but the Canucks have the edge in goaltending. The Ducks are a much tougher team, but if the Canucks can punish them by scoring on the powerplay, like in game 7, then I think that the Canucks can win.

I didn't know what to expect from the Canucks at the start of this season, but I can tell you with 14 new players and a new coach, I was definitely not thinking that they would be in round two of the playoffs. I am happy that they are here at all. I would like the Canucks to win, but think that they are the underdogs in this matchup. If pressed for an answer, I think that the Ducks will win in 6 (and will be happy to be wrong:)).

I would sure love to stick it to Burke, though, for Nonnis' sake.

Another sharks fan right here...but if anyone was watching the flames redwings game... Calgarys backup goalie is a little punk bitch and iginla or whatever his name is should be susupended. I use to dislike the flames becuase of that idiot Phaneuf but now I dislike that whole team...learn how to take a defeat.

dude you have no idea how the game is played. the wings were chopping kipper all night so playfair sent mclennan out to send a message for the next game. every team does it, its called professional sports. im not saying i agree with it, but thats how the game is played.

anyways, guess there isn't much point in defending it. you wouldn't understand...clearly just on the sharks recent playoff bandwagon with remarks like "iginla or whatever his name is".

its a good thing im also a canucks fan, because the flames really shit the sheets this year :(