hockey

julianREE

Goalies are about the only position where you might see someone 40+. He'll be 42 when that contract is up. Seems unlikely, but it's not like he's a winger, either.

it's almost time. any big news with your teams?

half the team left, we have a new coach and new owners (well, not really new as they owned the club for 50 years before). not too sure i agree with our GM summer signings (especially Scott Gomez, which i'm not too sure is worth $8M / year), but looking forward to the new season regardless. don't have too much hope for the habs though, making the playoff will again be our goal.

early guess for a final: Pitsburg for the east, unsure about West, Detroit should still be killing it, but unsure of the effect of the departure of Hossa.

and this year is an Olympic Hockey year, Canada for 2 gold again !!!!

Clowe / Big Joe / Heatley. Sounds good to me, better than waiting for Cheechoo to return from his "injuries". D is the question and we are close to cap now.

it'll probably be:

L1 - heatley.big joe.seto - I'm calling...heatley 60 goals

L2 - marleau.lil joe.clowe

fyi, leafs are making playoffs this year

went to the first game yesterday (got ticket at the last minute)

was a good games, habs beat the panthers 3-2

games got a little rough in 3rd period. was actually watching the highlights of yesterday's game at the gym during lunch and the games looked pretty intense for pre-season, Dion Phaneuf's hit on Okposo was hardcore, although legal....