hockey

julianREE

Any SuFu guys or gals into hockey? I've been an avid fan for five or six years or so after my dad brought me to my first game. I live in the bay area, so I'm a huge sharks fan (Marleau and Thornton will lead them to the stanley cup finals!).

There's just something about it that capture's my attention more than any other sport. It's the perfect mix of finesse and brute force in my opinion. And those hockey fights, you can't beat them.

I'm Canadian, from Montreal, so no surprise there, i'm a crazy Habs fan. like now, every time i think about we might not make the playoff, i get mad stressed. anyway, hockey is awesome, it's cool to see some yanks getting into the sports.

Yeah, the San Jose area has some pretty crazy hockey fans, I'm not too sure if it's because of the Shark's recent successes, or that they just suddenly gravitated towards it. Hockey's popularity in the US can't compare to Canada though, it's a shame that there aren't that many teams left in Canada.

My entire family loves hockey; I basically grew up reading books at my brother's hockey games. I played when I was young but quit once I got tired of my feet getting so damn cold.

I don't mind skating and occasionally seeing a game at the rink, though.

Hockey's popularity in the US can't compare to Canada though, it's a shame that there aren't that many teams left in Canada.

i know , i really miss the rivalry between the Habs and the Nordiques, was so much fun before they moved to Denver. with the new work contract, many experts say that some teams will probably move back to canada, there's actually good chances the penguins will move to London Ontario and some more teams will follow i hope!!!

haha the canucks might play the sharks in the playoffs so there might be a little battle between us when that time rolls around.

which team do you guys think is gonna go all the way? i'm rooting for the sharks, but that's because I'm a big fan. realistically though, i think the west is going to steamroll the east. there aren't that many standout teams in the east except for the penguins and sabres imo, but that might be because i dont really follow the east too much.

I was watching the Kings Sharks game on Tues with a bunch of LA friends...ran allover the kings and clinched their playoff spot I was pumped. Yea Marleau and Thornton up front but dont forget Grier on defense, damn workhorse right there. Too bad he looks confused as hell when hes got the puck. Definetly think he was a better pick up then Bell, not to say hes not good or anything.

yeah I was at the kings game on tues., good game too bad thornton didn't get any points :(. but yeah grier's an awesome penalty killer, not too great with the puck but he's definitly an asset to the sharks. Michalek has been hot as of lately and Marleau is just starting to warm up, just in time for the playoffs.

There are a few of us long-suffering Canucks fans around here - nettie is one as well. I have supported and complained and cheered and criticized them since I was a kid. You have to watch out for the fans from other places that come to live in Vancouver but go on about their own teams - like those Edmonton fans from the City of Former Champions that can still remember when they won a cup and won't stop going on about it - they are almost as bad as Leaf fans. :) No problem with Habs fans though.

fuck those leafs, universally hated throughout Canada, even though they haven't won anything for like 40 years (which is always good to remind them every time they get too cocky about their team). i also quite like the canucks myself, mostly cause i lived for 2 years in Whistler ended up following their games as watching hockey games at 4 in the afternoon is not that great. i so remember the last time we won the cup in 93, seriously one of the happiest moment of my life. my mom let me skip school (i was still in elementary school) so i could go watch the parade with my friends, it was so great.

my money is on a buffalo-detroit final, although i would love to see a canadian team go all the way. i guess the canucks have the best chance since ottawa can never perform well in the playoff even when they had perfect seasons.

Yea I just want Thornton to get closer to Sydny Crosby in the points race that guy is amazing. What happen to Cheechoos streak too? I want to see the Sharks Ducks game but its being broadcasted on that NHL channel and I am not going to Anahiem

cheechoo's still hot, but not as hot as thornton or michalek. i think cheechoo's way too hyped up, i mean he had a great season last year, but this year until recently he's hasn't been performing.

you can watch the ducks game though, it'll start broadcasting half way through on FSN bay area because theres an unimportant giants or warriors game that's replacing a game that can will determine who's on top in the pacific division... the logic just isn't there.

i'm from toronto but I hate the leafs too. This team is not built to play for trophies but for money....and we have lots in toronto. I love how nashville plays and i think they have a pretty legit shot at the cup this year if forsberg gains his old form back.

nashville-buffalo final

Yeah, nashville has been really great this season, i can see them going all the way to the finals. The only competition for buffalo in the east i think are the penguins. They're still a young team, but their talents like crosby, malkin, staal, and etc are crazy even at a young age. i can see a new dynasty blossoming...

• 2 weeks later...

disapointed the canucks lost last night in their second playoff game against dallas 2-0.

but i do admit dallas was the better team and deserved to win so got to give them credit.

the series is now tied 1-1 and heads to dallas on sunday, hopefully the canucks can bounce back from the loss and play better in the next games.

Yeah, nashville has been really great this season, i can see them going all the way to the finals. The only competition for buffalo in the east i think are the penguins. They're still a young team, but their talents like crosby, malkin, staal, and etc are crazy even at a young age. i can see a new dynasty blossoming...

i think you ought to look out for ottawa in the east as well though. even if they havent had great success in the playoffs past, i think this time might be different for them for some reason.

the ott vs pittsburgh series is the other one im following closely in the first round besides canucks vs stars.

Disappointing is right - though as a long-time Canuck fan I kind of expected it :)

disapointed the canucks lost last night in their second playoff game against dallas 2-0.

but i do admit dallas was the better team and deserved to win so got to give them credit.

the series is now tied 1-1 and heads to dallas on sunday, hopefully the canucks can bounce back from the loss and play better in the next games.

i think you ought to look out for ottawa in the east as well though. even if they havent had great success in the playoffs past, i think this time might be different for them for some reason.

the ott vs pittsburgh series is the other one im following closely in the first round besides canucks vs stars.

i don't see why this time would be different that the last, i mean, the sens have rocked in the regular season and sucked in the playoff for what, almost 10 years now. i really wish they will play well and beat the penguins, but i'm not hoping for much. so all canadian hope fall on the canucks ;)

(sorry for the flames fan, but i think detroit will win the serie 4-0 or 4-1 max).

Fuck the Leafs, I saw a chick walking down the street the other day in a leafs jersey and people where heckling her. I'm a Detroit fan in Calgary and nobody shows me any love bunch of bandwaggoners anyways, my buddy who I though was a diehard Canuks fan bought a Flames jersey last year. Anytime he wears it I shake my head at all these fair weather fans.

I know a great many people who will cheer for any team in the playoffs as long as the team is from Canada. When Calgary and Edmonton made it to successive Cup finals, I just could not bring myself to support either. Their success made made me want them to lose all the more. I am sure that this is born from so many years of the Canucks losing. Reaching the finals in 82 and 94 just makes it feel like the Canucks will never actually win it all.

I know a great many people who will cheer for any team in the playoffs as long as the team is from Canada. When Calgary and Edmonton made it to successive Cup finals, I just could not bring myself to support either. Their success made made me want them to lose all the more. I am sure that this is born from so many years of the Canucks losing. Reaching the finals in 82 and 94 just makes it feel like the Canucks will never actually win it all.

Ive been born and raised in Edmonton, and I never supported the flames back then, nor do I support them now..same goes to the 'nucks..being clumped in the nw division and seeing each other 8 times a year doesnt help...those sedin twins get awfully annoying after the first couple of visits..

i'd like to see the pens do well this year...

why do you think they are annyoing? is it because they are good at cycling the puck in the attacking zone??

yeah pretty much, those damn slap passes too...so damn accurate..and the worst part is they look so damn calm all the time and are so proper so its pretty much impossible to hate on them..

Living in Edmonton sucks right now, from absolute to pride to utter shame in one year. I'd like the Sens to win though.

yeah the smyth trade seemed to destroy them. they were really horrible after it.

you think they have a chance at signing him in the offseason? or no chance?

im not a big fan of the the oilers but seeing him in a islander jersey kinda seems wrong to me.