hockey

julianREE

Not NHL playoffs but heres some cool vids I took when I was subbing in at an elite Highschool/College camp. A few UofM Gophers out on the ice so some really good shots to be seen.

Not even a riot yet (like after game 6 in 94).

4895593.bin?size=620x400

"Hockey fans pack Granville Street for more than five blocks in downtown Vancouver, BC Saturday, June 4, 2011 to watch game 2 of the Stanley Cup finals between the Canucks and the Boston Bruins on big screen TVs."

I don't really like either team in the finals, but watching the Canucks implode like this is pretty hard to watch. I generally find Canucks fans to be pretty whiny, and ragging on them after the first rout was all in good fun, but damn, no fanbase deserves THIS

reffing is terrible

The refs have really had a thankless job in this series, but it has been made worse by some of the glaring automatic calls they have missed which unfortunately seem to have largely benefitted Boston - that Tim Thomas hit on Sedin was a blatant penalty, or when they were 4-on-4 and Boston had 6 guys on the ice, or when Kesler gets the goalie interference call when he never touched Thomas at all - it even prompted Ron Maclean (a former ref and vocal supporter of referees) to say it "appeared" like there was a conspiracy against Vancouver. I don't think there is - I think there has just been a lot of bad calls.

It will be interesting to see whether the Canucks can go into Boston and have the discipline to play their own game. They let themselves get pulled into playing Boston's game to which they are not well suited. They need to play between the whistles and then skate away and they give themselves a chance to win. Plus Luongo has to be at his best. Thomas has yet to have one of his boner games so he is due, though even if Vancouver do manage to pull it out, I think he deserves the Conn Smythe.

More than 100,000 hit streets after Canucks beat Bruins 1-0 to take series lead

The tension in Vancouver yesterday was palpable. Everywhere you went downtown you saw people wearing Canucks gear but you could feel the stress in the air - it was like the Gold Medal game all over again - with the crowds and everything. There wasn't even a riot. Which is good.

Vancouver02.jpg

Vancouver01.jpg

Read more: http://www.theprovince.com/sports/More+than+streets+after+Canucks+beat+Bruins+takes+series+lead/4928612/story.html#ixzz1OzpLEEE1

Who failed to see this coming? Luongo is a fucking head case. That said, he'll play amazingly in game 7. I dislike the Canucks more than any other team at this point, but I expect them to turn up for game 7 having put this shit behind them. They're an unlikable team, but they show up at home.

Awfully classy of NBC to run Luongo's quote about Thomas' reckless play and Lapierre's game 5 winner immediately following Luongo's departure.

Luongo was asking for it. You never open your big mouth in sports, especially when what comes out is shit.

Also, the way Thomas plays is not 'wrekless' it is skillful. It is exactly why he was the best gole tender years back and again now.

Who failed to see this coming? Luongo is a fucking head case. That said, he'll play amazingly in game 7. I dislike the Canucks more than any other team at this point, but I expect them to turn up for game 7 having put this shit behind them. They're an unlikable team, but they show up at home.

Awfully classy of NBC to run Luongo's quote about Thomas' reckless play and Lapierre's game 5 winner immediately following Luongo's departure.