hockey

julianREE

^ the dreaded "upper body injury", and you should be thankful because he is a killer.

The debate has been raging in Vancouver as to who we would rather play. Tough call but I would rather see the Wings, though playing the Sharks would mean staying in our own timezone which would help on the road to the Cup - assuming the road continues after this round that is.

Right now we are just hoping that game 7 goes to triple overtime and they beat the crap out of each other. Oh, and the Sedins wake up.

The Canucks and Sharks have had similar trajectories over the last number of years - both winning the President's Trophy, numerous Division Titles, high expectations - but ultimately nothing but frustration for their fans.

They have also had similar playoffs this year - one grinding forgettable round and one killer round that went to 7 games.

The season series went to the Canucks 3-1, but games like the Canucks' 6-1 win were in the early part of season before the Sharks got their game together.

Whatever happens, one of these teams is going to the Cup this year, and with the West being so much stronger than the East, I think one of them will finally bring him Lord Stanley's Cup.

Highlights of game 2:

- Marleau hits Bieksa in the balls with his stick then Bieksa beats the crap out of him before scoring the go-ahead goal on a break.

- Canucks maintaining composure while Eager runs the league's top scorer then make them pay with 4 powerplay goals. You could see his team mates sit on the bench shaking their heads at him losing the game for them. Then Eager tops it off by running Luongo and looking down and mocking him. Such class. It's too bad he will probably be suspended for game three if not more.

Six more wins to go.

FLASHERCHICK

"It's tough. A toss-up between the Green Men and that, what's better?" - Roberto Luongo

"It wasn't my wife I'll tell you that" - Henrik Sedin

"I know we couldn't be there but I hope we sent a suitable replacement (or is it replacements?)" - the Green Men

Highlights of game 2:

- Marleau hits Bieksa in the balls with his stick then Bieksa beats the crap out of him before scoring the go-ahead goal on a break.

- Canucks maintaining composure while Eager runs the league's top scorer then make them pay with 4 powerplay goals. You could see his team mates sit on the bench shaking their heads at him losing the game for them. Then Eager tops it off by running Luongo and looking down and mocking him. Such class. It's too bad he will probably be suspended for game three if not more.

Six more wins to go.

totally agree with the eager thing, he definitely lost the game for us... should've used the emotion from the fight productively...

but the goal that bieska scored happened before the fight. bieska was hounding marleau so he responded, didn't see the tap on the balls, but honestly i give marleau props for attempting to fight with someone who is known to drop the gloves. marleau was just trying to inject energy into the team with his first fight since '07, and obviously he did except with eager going into a berserker goon mode... my question is why mcclellan kept on playing him after the first penalty...

Great game seven. Should be a great series between the Canucks and Bruins.

I don't want to live in a world where either the Bruins or Canucks win a cup.

Hate to tell you but this is the world in which we find ourselves.

GO NUCKS

Thornton: surgery today to reattach the tip of his pinky after it was damaged during the regular season in Dallas. forced him to adjust his grip which led to a wrist problem [but that never stopped him too much with those nifty passes]. separated shoulder like Clowe from Game 4 against Vancouver. Have to wait until swelling goes down before the medical staff can evaluate it.

what a pussy. go bruins