hockey

julianREE

Vancouver is finished, or so it would appear. I knew they were considerably weak between the ears coming into this series, but after managing to out-play and over-match a Hawks team that isn't nearly as deep or skilled as those that knocked the Canucks out the last two years I, like every other hockey fan, figured they'd straightened out whatever it was that had caused them to wilt so badly in the past. But at this point -- with Vancouver fans turning on their team so violently, and Luongo seemingly hampered by an injury -- they appear on the verge of making it three years in a row. That said, the Hawks have to play a mistake-free game this evening. Toews, Kane, Sharp, and Hossa all have to show up tonight and contribute offensively. Bolland has been a force since returning to the lineup, so I don't think it's much of a stretch to expect him to continue his solid play. The one thing that does trouble me is the ease with which the Canucks have moved through the neutral zone and into the Hawks' end of the ice. Whereas Chicago has had difficulty making the appropriate outlet passes to consistently carry the puck with speed into the offensive zone, Vancouver has proven themselves capable of maintaining pressure on the Hawks' D whenever their goaltender isn't allowing second chance opportunities off of bad rebounds.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to josh mullen again.

i was surprised at how physical that canucks-blackhawks game was. I didn't get a chance to watch any of the games except game 1 but they definitely amped up everything (which is not surprising b/c it was do or die for both of them). Looking forward to see how the canucks are going to fair against the predators. will be interesting to see if the canucks are so battered that the grinding game the predators play will wear them out in the series... (i'm guessing most likely not though, the canucks are a solid team.)

Vancouver put it on us last night. I was shocked they played as well as they did. Crawford was incredible, and Sharp was so close on that OT power play, but the Canucks were simply better...all game. And damn, they were physical as hell. Should be pretty interesting with SJ, Detroit, and Vancouver all moving on.

chicago only made it to a game seven because the NHL attempts to play god through fixed refing, and only made it to the playoffs cause dallas lost their last game.

now that those bums are out hopefully their fans get real and shut the fuck up. even tho detroit lost the first game it was an even match and should be a great series. liking this philly/boston matchup, go tampa!

chicago only made it to a game seven because the NHL attempts to play god through fixed refing, and only made it to the playoffs cause dallas lost their last game.

now that those bums are out hopefully their fans get real and shut the fuck up. even tho detroit lost the first game it was an even match and should be a great series. liking this philly/boston matchup, go tampa!

The Hawks made it to game seven because Vancouver lost three games. I'm a Hawks fan, and simply put, the Hawks did not play well consistently, and the stars of the team didn't do what they had to do. Most of the role players on the squad did just fine. I'm eager to see what a nice long off season does for the Hawks. Anyhow, I don't know when your grapes grew so sour, but, really, the Red Wings have won plenty of cups and you are still in the hunt, so you ought to be happy.