hockey

julianREE

Honestly, I never fully appreciated Richie as a captain until last night, he was a beast.

Flyers have a tough challenge in the Hawks, but they also have experience on their side, and momentum on their side. Having Carter back should even the offensive firepower of chicago a bit, and hopefully philly can steal game 1. Should be an epic finals.

Pronger for playoffs MVP.

I've been in the same boat regarding Richards as captain. I gave him the benefit of the doubt because of his rep as a leader in juniors but it's been a long process.

This season, I've felt Pronger was the captain even without the "C" on his sweater but I can see now it's Richie's team.

And Pronger? Dude has been awesome. So good to see him in orange & black logging 30+ mins. a night. The top 4 for that matter really have been good.

Hope they can steal one in chicago. '97 was over before it started.

I think the blackhawks will win the cup in 6, but i'll be secretly rooting for the flyers. If the flyers win the cup then the ducks get a 3rd round draft pick next year instead of a 4th round pick (anaheim ducks fan concept). This was one of the conditions in the Pronger/ Lupul + Sbisa trade.

• 2 weeks later...

it was a good series, a little disappointed that the flyers couldn't pull it off game six (or game five for that matter), but it was still enjoyable to watch.

any off season predictions?

i read this great article about the benefits of iginla coming to SJ, in return for some draft picks and most likely clowe.

I'd like to see the Blackhawks organization make Roenick an ambassador, as they have Savard, Hull etc. He's definitely deserving. The only obstacle I could see is the NBC perhaps blocking his affiliation.