hockey

julianREE

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

More Red Wings love...

You're not a real pro in the NHL until you've broken your nose.

http://redwings.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=524167&navid=DL|DET|home

DETROIT – Despite having 95 NHL games under his belt, and a Stanley Cup ring at home, Darren Helm didn’t officially feel like a pro player until Sunday. The Red Wings forward received his initiation in Philadelphia’s Wachovia Center when during his first shift he suffered a broken nose.

Helm said he was frustrated that he had to stop playing to get stitches from trainer Piet Van Zant.

I love hockey so much.

^^so awesome^^

check the pass on his last point of the year:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=me3GPkF7m5s&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=me3GPkF7m5s&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Bring on the Kings!!

I'm honestly fine with the Rangers losing. Now maybe they'll fix things with the players, couches and the front office. The things that have needed to be repaired for the last 7 years.

That Sedin goal is out of control. Not only the Jagr shot but he no look tip pass. Unreal. Those 2 are amazing.

If Daniel hadn't missed a quarter of the season he would likely have been up with Henrik for the scoring title as his points-per-game total was 1.35 vs Hank's 1.37. Ovi was the only one with a higher ppg total of 1.51. I suppose it is good thing Ovi gets so many suspensions.

post your picks at the start of each round, +rep for anyone who gets em all right in any round, or whoever picks the champ from the start

Gonna win it all -> Chicago.

Washington vs Montreal

New Jersey vs Philadelphia

Buffalo vs Boston

Pittsburgh vs Ottawa

San Jose vs Colarado

Chicago vs Nashville

Vancover vs Las Angeles

Phoenix Coyotes vs Detroit

Round 1

east - Caps, devils, Sabres, pens

The Flyers could post the only upset here. They played the debbies tough in regular season. Though with Boucher in net, I doubt it happens.

west - sharks, Hawks, Kings, Red Wings

sharks over pens in a matchup of 2 of my least favorite teams.

Really hope it doesn't happen.

I've only seen bits and pieces of the playoffs but everything i've seen has been amazing. It sucks not having Versus as part of the cable package :mad:. I have to resort to using channelsurfing.net to stream games on my computer...even then it can get choppy.

the habs caps game was bs.

habs were leading and then a bunch of ridiculous stoppages and non calls, tons of goalie interference. totally killed the momentum and then the habs played like idiots and got a bunch of lazy penalties. it was so fucking obvious.

The past week has had some really great game. Phoenix looks really strong. I'm pulling for em.

Bold prediction: Vancouver wins it all.

Edit: did anyone see the NJ v. Philly game. The officiating was abysmal. I lost count but, I remember them saying that at one point in the 3rd NJ had 9 power plays (with only 7 shots total on all 9 PP). I'm not sure what the final numbers were.

Playoffs have been unreal so far. I'm screwed in my pool if Heatley, Marleau, and Thornton don't wake up...soon.

I'm still saying Chi, they looked like they really hit their stride in game 2....looking strong, Niemi responded well also.

I'm glad Dan Carcillo didn't lose an eye (10)....I think the penalties in that game may have been influenced by that....seirously...when a player does that it pretty much shows the refs how stupid the player thinks they are....then when the coach lectures them for not calling it....come on son...you know you're gonna be watched closely.

Game 5 of Blackhawks vs Predators was intense. Blackhawks made it a fucking heart attack game, but they shouldn't have put themselves in that position anyway leading with 2 points in the second. Great game though, Kane making it overtime with a goal at 14 seconds in the 3rd, Kopecky with a shorthand goal as soon as he got out of the penalty box. Hossa making the OT goal right after his major boarding penalty. Great game to watch