hockey

julianREE

Ive lived basically in Detroit all my life and I love going to the Joe and cheering for the other team

Its so easy to be a Wings fan and theres alot of bandwagoners out there that don't remember the days of Dino Ciccarelli, Doug Brown and The Russian 5

I like the Blackhawks this year and the Penguins are my team

Did anyone see that goal by Martin Havlat last week :eek: my goodness:

edit: 1.5 years on sufu and I still dont know how to embed youtube videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqjcr8xvPiA

Notes: Sabres still in first ahead of Montreal

Thomas Vanek leading league in Goals

Ryan Miller leading league in GAA

Miro Satan has been a huge boost for Pittsburgh this year

Evgeni Malkin will win Art Ross AND Hart Trophy this season

haha its funny you say that because Ryan Miller got exposed last night

he definately gave up some weak shit

which will lead to Patrick Lalime playing tonight, and them loosing

I really like Buffalo though, they have arguably one of the best offences + goalie combos in the league

Malkin will not win the hart or the art ross, mainly because he doesnt have the kind of assistance he had last year. Pittsburgh only has Sid and Malkin, no more Hossa, Malone, Rutuu, Gonchar.

I could see the hart going to someone like Vincent Lecavalier if he can get his team to the playoffs

Something about Montreal's centennial season and their team this year leads me to think theyre gonna win the cup. They got so much better since last year with Tanguay, Lang and Cary Price coming back not a fat 12 year old boy this year

Theyre gonna need production out of guys like Latandresse, Lapierre and Kostopolous to be a competitive team that can run 3 lines with 6 solid defensemen

Something about Montreal's centennial season and their team this year leads me to think theyre gonna win the cup. They got so much better since last year with Tanguay, Lang and Cary Price coming back not a fat 12 year old boy this year

Theyre gonna need production out of guys like Latandresse, Lapierre and Kostopolous to be a competitive team that can run 3 lines with 6 solid defensemen

yes, you speak the truth ;)

i'm also pretty bullish on our chance, especially that many players are likely to leave next summer so it's our chance or never. but we need kovalev to step up his game a little. Tanguay has been a pleasant surprise so far, good thing since i took a chance and have him in my pool. the calendar is fucked so far though, i don't understand how come we've played so many less games than other teams so far, better to be busy in the early season than at the end...

Malkin will not win the hart or the art ross, mainly because he doesnt have the kind of assistance he had last year. Pittsburgh only has Sid and Malkin, no more Hossa, Malone, Rutuu, Gonchar.

I could see the hart going to someone like Vincent Lecavalier if he can get his team to the playoffs

He seems to doing fine with less 'assistance' than last year seeing that he currently leads the league in points.

Malkin was second in points last year and should have won the Hart but it was given to Ovechkin on a silver platter. And he had no Syd most of the season and led them to the second seed in the conference (should have been first but they threw the last game). I'm not sure what you mean by 'assistance' last year because Hossa was added at the deadline, Malone didn't play with him until the playoffs and Rutuu had little or no bearing being a 5-6 minute-per-game 4th liner. But Iet's not let facts get in the way of your arguement.

Knucks - yes they did, and put me in the + section of the books for saturday night, god bless marion hossa

nettiemore - watch the fuck out, what goalie wears the C and gets 3 shutouts in a row? thats unbelievable

wayne - I love malkin. Ive loved him ever since sid got hurt with that upper ankle injury last year and he ripped ass. what was the finish ovechkin 108 malkin 106 points? hes nasty as fuck. But Michel Terrin wasted everything he accomplished last year in the off season, by trading away all his role players. Its only a month in, but with no Gonchar and no secondary scoring = malkin no hart or art ross. Last years Pittsburgh Penguins = This years New York Rangers

Julian - Sidney Crosby can see the play develop from a mile down the road and with his skating and play making ability on top of the fact that he plays two way hockey and has a heart of a lion, Id take sidney over semin any day of the week and twice on sundays

I dont like hockey much in way a fan would, but i love the nfl more than anything.

When i was home last i went to a giants game, and a rangers game. I have to say, based on fun factor derived from X amount of effort to get to the venue, Hockey won full out.

It takes too long to get to the giants, and football is never going to be long enough to warrant all the waiting and going and chilling unless your tailgating.

With that said, i like hockey a lot and would most likely rather go to a live hockey game than a NFL game. As amazing as that is to me to admit to myself, and as boring as it might be to read.

props to hockey.

anyone watch the full detroit vs pitsburgh game today?

i just saw the highlights on tsn, looked like a crazy game...

I actually got tickets at the last minute for this game

It was unbelievable, Sidneys first goal of the game was one of the better goals Ive ever seen

I seen the Wings loose in OT to Anaheim in game 6 of the Conference Finals in 2006

I also went to game one of the Cup Finals last year

Been to the Bell Centre, Mellon Arena, MSG multiple times

And that was probably the best hockey game I've ever seen live

• 2 months later...

damn we need to pick this thread up. no posts since Nov?

Post All-Star break, what are your predictions?

Here are mine:

MVP/Art Ross Trophies: Malkin (bet a dude $50 at the beginning of the season he would win BOTH)

Richard Trophy (most goals): Ovechkin

Stanley Cup Finals: Detroit vs. New Jersey (Wings win)