Dior dumps Hedi Slimane

MikeN

question...with his departure, what does he take with him exactly? Like you know how the house and kids are decided on in a divorce === what will Dior "keep" and what will Hedi take away? Specifically -- the skinny jeans. Despite the varying seasons, the raw 19, 21 cm jeans have been a staple of the label for a few years now. When he's gone, does that mean theyre not going to make this style or something like this anymore? You know what I mean? Season come and go and trends and styles come and go, but there are always basics that a house produces and I'm wondering if they will pretty much stick to or let the new guy completely transform every item. I've been putting off getting the 19cm raw indigos for what must be like 2 years now. They're really not on schedule yet for the next jean rotation. Should I get them while I still can or wait for the next season, his last. Also I like the Blanch cologne. Will this be taken away also when the new guy comes? I like to choose a scent and stick with it to make it my signature scent. I dont want to buy a bottle of that only to find out it will be discontinued when the new guy comes.

I recall reading Dior Homme accounts for 10% of the sales of the Dior empire.

I dont know what percentage the jeans account for, but as long as it sells, no reason why the jeans and cologne would be removed.

All of Hedi's designs are his intellectual property but since he designed it for Dior Homme, it would belong to them and he cant take it with him unless Dior Homme are crap at negotiating.

Another scenario would be despite the sale of the jeans, KVA want to stamp his mark and create his own line of jeans for Dior Homme. Dior Homme may then decide to follow his lead and jettison the skinny jeans concept.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic