Fragrance Thread

gimmegimme

Creed's Original Vetiver is pretty damn nice too, I've gone through two sample viles, it lasts a long time and isn't too offensive or old man-ish.

I've tried Guerlain Vetiver Sport, it's alright. Kind of has more of a spice to it as opposed to the single note of vetiver.

Off topic:

Been wearing a sample of

41000.jpg

Definitely liking it a lot, good lasting power.

blind bought lalique encre noire after being mentioned here and reading the reviews. figured if i didn't like it, i wouldn't be losing much b/c of the price.

Just received it today, really good stuff, never sampled anything like this...reviews online are pretty spot on, thanks for the recommendation guys.

1602zpi.jpg

In Nagoya at the moment and have picked up a few fragrances, was just wondering on the best way to store them and a "cool" place does not exist in this weather when the A/C is turned off (off when I'm out). Was wondering if refrigerating them would cause any damage?

Most important is a cool, dry, dark place. Some keep them in boxes in the recesses of their cupboards. I just keep mine in my closet.

I read on basenotes that refridgeration is actually recommended and some people have coolers just to store their whole collection :o

I got Salvatore Ferragamo pour homme at a TJ Maxx this weekend for 15 bucks. (I know porribly sacrilege to some of the high end fragrance collectors on here) I looked it up on my phone while I was there and it had fig as a note so I blind bought it (you cant sample anything there). It is surprisingly good. I usually wear philosykos and I've had Heely figeur and I actually like the ferragamo more. it has a really strong fig scent but is more complex and lasts longer.

• 2 weeks later...

Top Notes: Bricks, Pills, Flex, Night Club, Handgun, loudpack, Tires

Middle Notes: Robot Rapper, Choppas, Riverdale, Red Ferrarri Paint, Snoop Blue

Base Notes: BOW!, Remy Martin, Karma, Blood, Smoke, Pyrex

also available in highly limited 1017ml bottles shaped as ak47's. a combination of a woody, sweaty, rusty, smoked fragrance with a mix of gunmetal, broken glass, $100 bills, and burnt rubber. Like the rest of his other fragrances, it contains a Grove St. Party note. a very complex scent imo

• 2 weeks later...

Copped some new stuff this weekend! The Six Scents was half price! I really love the Parma

perfume1.jpg

Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa & Six Scents Series Two 2: Ende / Anfang

ok i need some help. i need a new fragrance. been fucking with CDG 2 men and Histiore de Parfum '28 but I need a new one.

I really like the CDG parfumes, but I dont want to buy another bottle of 2Men, because the scent just goes away after 3 hours (probably because it's toilette)

Can someone recommend me something along the lines of 2MEN? I tried the Hinoki, but it's not as deep and woody as I'd like it to be, even though I like the smell of an old church.

ok i need some help. i need a new fragrance. been fucking with CDG 2 men and Histiore de Parfum '28 but I need a new one.

I really like the CDG parfumes, but I dont want to buy another bottle of 2Men, because the scent just goes away after 3 hours (probably because it's toilette)

Can someone recommend me something along the lines of 2MEN? I tried the Hinoki, but it's not as deep and woody as I'd like it to be, even though I like the smell of an old church.

-Le Labo Patchouli 24 (doesn't smell like patchouli...very smokey)

-Amouage Jubilation XXV (very pricey, but nice fruity incense)

-Etro Messe de Minuit (resinous church incense)

-Chanel Sycomore (smokey vetiver)

-By Kilian Back to Black (rich tobacco)

-Etat Libre d'Orange Rien (skanky leather)

-Lubin Idole (saffron leather)

-Serge Lutens Cuir Mauresque (fruity leather)

Went out and got the Maison Martikn Margiela this weekend. Not planned but sniffed it for the first time and I must say I find it really nice. great summer perfume. Only got the 30ml

mmmu.jpg

hows the longevity?

sampled it last week and liked it..love the bottle too.

hows the longevity?

sampled it last week and liked it..love the bottle too.

The longevity is pretty good! Lasts me atleast a day! The bottle is the best thing.

I've been wearing a sample og Nasomatto Absinth today, and it will definitely be my next purchase. It's really good and I love the earthiness.

ran out if my cdg synthetic: skai. eyeing cdg leaves: tea.

I like smelling stupid. any other shit I should check?

I like Skai and you should get it again. I also like Tar and Garage from the same series. CdG + Artek Standard is nice too. I'm stuck in CdG, too lazy to look for new stuff.

i was recently given some ralph lauren cologne as a gift (#1 from the big pony collection to be exact) and whilst its not really my thing, its wearable. however, i noticed that even after using 3 sprays the fragrance is quickly gone - not even half a day. could this be due to my skin type, or just the formula/'quality' of the cologne? i am hardly an expert on fragrances, but most of the others i have had (cdg and chanel being the most recent) have lasted alot longer. i even remember years and years ago having acqua di gio (who didn't) and that lasting, too.

i was recently given some ralph lauren cologne as a gift (#1 from the big pony collection to be exact) and whilst its not really my thing, its wearable. however, i noticed that even after using 3 sprays the fragrance is quickly gone - not even half a day. could this be due to my skin type, or just the formula/'quality' of the cologne? i am hardly an expert on fragrances, but most of the others i have had (cdg and chanel being the most recent) have lasted alot longer. i even remember years and years ago having acqua di gio (who didn't) and that lasting, too.

probably the quality. i remember smelling this and thinking it was really synthetic