Fragrance Thread

gimmegimme

just wondering if anyone has any good recommendations on room scents - candles/incense/diffusers. gilt is selling some dl& co stuff now - overpriced, scents too feminine?

malin & goetz, baxter, diptyque, & cdg to name a few but yeah if you think the DL&co stuff is overpriced then the ones mentioned probably will be for you as well.

• 4 weeks later...
Nice one. Got a sample of that along with the Tam Dao, just not tried it yet. Would you consider l'artisan parfumeur patchouli patch a summer fragrance? I've been liking that too of late.

never tried that scent but from the reviews seems like its a good composition and not a typical earthy patch scent, so yeah I'd say from the reviews it could work as a summer scent.

visvim ones are good but agree are expensive because of the strong yen FIL scent is a good room filler, I have mint on the go at the minute and its not as strong so its not one I would buy again,we always tend to have a mix of visvim and dyptyque on the go in the studio,I find both these fill a room better than any of the cdg ones I have used.

i use ysl l'homme on the daily and switch to either bvlgari black or cdg2 at night depending on whether i want to smell like a tire or an ink pen

The dill comes through a little too strong on that one for me.

theres dill? thought it was bay leaves.

but I tried both laurel and CDG artek.

not sure if I should of sprayed more than one spray and a few more wearings to appreciate the scents but not impressed with either.

Artek is so similar to Jaisalmer from the Incense series. Seems pretty much exactly the same but artek does have one or two more notes but its so light and the staying power is very weak.

As for Laurel its a nice scent but very linear didn't get much development at all. People have made comparisons of it to FM's Bois d'Orage/French Lover which I think Laurel is similar too but its like Bois d"Orage Light. I'd much rather have Bois d"Orage then Laurel since they pretty much cost the same and BdO has much more development and a better scent imo.

never tried that scent but from the reviews seems like its a good composition and not a typical earthy patch scent, so yeah I'd say from the reviews it could work as a summer scent.

Cheers. Also tried Odin's Nomad, but after Tam Dao it felt pretty tame. Not sure if it's just me, but didn't seem to have much depth. Not bad, just not much there.

Cheers. Also tried Odin's Nomad, but after Tam Dao it felt pretty tame. Not sure if it's just me, but didn't seem to have much depth. Not bad, just not much there.

lol really ? weird cause tam dao is basically just one note. guess the odin scents aren't all that

Anyone rock YSL M7? I hear its more for older folk.

I do, you hear its for older folk is probably because they smell the oud/agarwood note in the scent and probably not used to smelling it in a fragrance. You'll probably love it or hate it but I'd say give it a try go sample it at a dept. store and see if it works for you.

Can anyone recommend a good men's Spring/Summer fragrance? Considering Diptyque's Tam Dao, but might be a little heavy.

I think Olivia Giacobetti does lovely spring/summer perfume. En Passent is nice, but slightly feminine.

Any of the Hermes "Un Jardin..." series.

I think Olivia Giacobetti does lovely spring/summer perfume. En Passent is nice, but slightly feminine.

Any of the Hermes "Un Jardin..." series.

you could also add Ellena's Concentree d'Orange Verte & Bigarade Concentree to the mix since you mentioned the Un Jardin series

• 4 weeks later...
Anyone here smelled that new Balenciaga for women? I think it's just called "Balenciaga". Doesn't it smell exactly like Dior Homme?

never smelled the new Balenciaga but it could have some similarities to DH considering they are both created by the same guy

Anyone here smelled that new Balenciaga for women? I think it's just called "Balenciaga". Doesn't it smell exactly like Dior Homme?

I didn't like it... it smelled too clean. Then again, I'm partial to more gourmand/spicy scents.

I just bought some patchouli essential oil and I'm going to be using it in lieu of perfume:o

Got the six scents Bernhard Wilhelm, which is awesome. Smells like plastic bananas with good lasting power

Is the Damir Doma series 2 worth it? I like the woodsy pepper notes.

no.3 is woodsy from series 1 and no.4 is pepper from series 1, combine the two lol

I haven;t smelled any of series 2 but out of all of them the damir one and lim one is the only two that looks interesting to me

the damir one is supposedly a woody/incense fragrance (yes another one of these since its all the hype these days, but its very well done from what I've read)

Not too exclusive, but I've been using this YSL:

People like it, I like it.

course they do its a pretty 'safe" scent will appeal to almost anyone. nothing distinctive about it though smells like a few other mainstream scents out there reminds me of armani code.