Fragrance Thread

gimmegimme

Alot of scents are good for everyday wear but what do you prefer in scents? musk? citrus? aquatics?

heres a few I'd say could be good everyday scents

Bulgari pour homme

Diptyque Philosykos

Dior Eau Sauvage or Bois D'Argent

CDG Kyoto

I realized I don't really like too much musk, as I just finished a bottle of Arpege Homme(uggh too sweet, and it was a gift mind you).

Any more to recommend? I like Mandragore (finished it last year) so I might try Lolita Lempicka Masculin.

Basically a bitter-sweet/bitter scent with wood, smoke or grass would be nice.

Currently swapping between Dior Homme and Lime Basil & Mandarin, but I need something less sweet.

Would probably get Philosykos for its green-ness or Kyoto or MAN 2 for the light smoky incense note. Thoughts?

don't know if you've tried the other incense series if not I'd say try em all they are all great but besides Kyoto my 2 faves are Jaisalmer and Quarzazate

Green and Bitter woody incense scents lets see, these fit into one of the categories you might be looking for

Amouage - Jubilation XXV

CDG x Monocle - Hinoki

CDG - Vettiveru

Frederic Malle - Bois D'Orage

Jo Malone - Dark Amber & Ginger Lily

Le Labo - Vetiver 46

Miller Harris - Fleurs De Bois

Ormonde Jayne - Ormonde Man

Six Scent - Series One #3

try these 3 if you like Philosykos

L'Artisan ParfumeurPremier - Figuier Extème

L'Artisan Parfumeur - Premier Figuier

Miller Harris - Figue Amere

I realized I don't really like too much musk, as I just finished a bottle of Arpege Homme(uggh too sweet, and it was a gift mind you).

Any more to recommend? I like Mandragore (finished it last year) so I might try Lolita Lempicka Masculin.

Basically a bitter-sweet/bitter scent with wood, smoke or grass would be nice.

Currently swapping between Dior Homme and Lime Basil & Mandarin, but I need something less sweet.

Would probably get Philosykos for its green-ness or Kyoto or MAN 2 for the light smoky incense note. Thoughts?

nice those are the scents I like too, you'll probably like Philosykos and Tam Dao but most Diptyque scents have very little notes mostly just 1-2 or 3-4 notes in a scent.

as for other stuff don't know if you've tried any of the other scents from the incense line but they are all good, my favorites besides Kyoto is Jaisalmer and Quarzazate. Also since you like Hinoki the red series is also similar

Cheers. Bit worried about the Diptyque as I've seen reviews that suggest it could disappear on the wrong person. Might try something else from the Incense line.

went to six scents opening with a few other people from here.

kind of disappointed in everything i sampled.

damir doma's was accurately described as a typical CDG-style incense without the kick or twist to it.

henrik vibskov was eh.

the only moderately interesting fragrance was richard nicoll's, which

started off with a great mix of soap and super lush greenery but then became sort of chalky and mundane after a drydown.

I love it, smells great. Already went through 2 samples, ordered two more. Definitely worth a try for only $4.

http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/section/2/item/40202/brand/Humiecki_&_Graef/Askew.html

Also ordered a sample of this because it sounded interesting...

42522.jpg

Back to Black by Kilian

Cheers for that. Contacted a store in the UK and they're sending me a free sample.

went to six scents opening with a few other people from here.

kind of disappointed in everything i sampled.

damir doma's was accurately described as a typical CDG-style incense without the kick or twist to it.

henrik vibskov was eh.

the only moderately interesting fragrance was richard nicoll's, which

started off with a great mix of soap and super lush greenery but then became sort of chalky and mundane after a drydown.

how was lim's?

most interesting of the lot from the notes seemed to be damir's and Nicoll's, if it was a snore then the rest are probably too

Just got my samples of Kilian - Back to Black, and Humecki and Graef - Askew.

Initially, the Kilian is very fruity. I was told by my girlfriend that its too feminine, however the dry down is pretty nice. Upon reading other people's reviews who say it smells like honey, I can definitely agree. It wore nicely throughout the day, and was not too intense. Overall, I'm not blown away, and with a price tag of $225, it needs to be great. I may not be feeling it too much also because it's a tobacco scent...oh well.

Askew is by far my all time, number one favorite cologne. I'm on my third sample, and i NEED a bottle of this. It is a really intense fragrance, and the note of birch tar is very apparent right off the bat. the luckyscent.com review of it hits the nail on the head. I would highly recommend at least trying this out.

Just got my samples of Kilian - Back to Black, and Humecki and Graef - Askew.

Initially, the Kilian is very fruity. I was told by my girlfriend that its too feminine, however the dry down is pretty nice. Upon reading other people's reviews who say it smells like honey, I can definitely agree. It wore nicely throughout the day, and was not too intense. Overall, I'm not blown away, and with a price tag of $225, it needs to be great. I may not be feeling it too much also because it's a tobacco scent...oh well.

Askew is by far my all time, number one favorite cologne. I'm on my third sample, and i NEED a bottle of this. It is a really intense fragrance, and the note of birch tar is very apparent right off the bat. the luckyscent.com review of it hits the nail on the head. I would highly recommend at least trying this out.

Really tempted to get some Askew now. Unfortunately the store that sent me the samples only managed to get me some on a card (along with Radieuse and Multiple Rouge- Radieuse is quite nice, Rouge is way too fruity) after the first lot seemed to have got lost in the post. Smells really good, but I wonder what it'll be like on my skin. How have you found the staying power?

rofl good call mike

Really tempted to get some Askew now. Unfortunately the store that sent me the samples only managed to get me some on a card (along with Radieuse and Multiple Rouge- Radieuse is quite nice, Rouge is way too fruity) after the first lot seemed to have got lost in the post. Smells really good, but I wonder what it'll be like on my skin. How have you found the staying power?

for like 200+ a bottle it better have some lasting power

staying power is awesome actually, I found it lasting 12+ hours, obviously not as intense as when I put it on, but it lasts a damn long time. I also couldn't help myself, and ordered a bottle, found on nkdman.com for 90.00GBP (~149USD). So stoked on it.

http://www.nkdman.co.uk/humiecki-and-graef-askew-eau-de-toilette

"Le Labo has a collection of 11 fragrances and 6 "City Exclusive" perfumes. The city exclusives are truly exclusive: Each city where a Le Labo store exists, an exclusive perfume was created as a tribute to the city; and- as you guessed it- the city exclusive perfume is only available at their respective city location."

Luckyscent is now selling the limited Le Labo City Exclusives. They seem to be double the cost of normal Le Labo fragrances due to the limited offering of them outside of their cities. Does anyone know how the City Exclusives are normally priced if one were at that particular Le Labo store? I'm wondering if it would be cheaper to just find a proxy.

"Le Labo has a collection of 11 fragrances and 6 "City Exclusive" perfumes. The city exclusives are truly exclusive: Each city where a Le Labo store exists, an exclusive perfume was created as a tribute to the city; and- as you guessed it- the city exclusive perfume is only available at their respective city location."

Luckyscent is now selling the limited Le Labo City Exclusives. They seem to be double the cost of normal Le Labo fragrances due to the limited offering of them outside of their cities. Does anyone know how the City Exclusives are normally priced if one were at that particular Le Labo store? I'm wondering if it would be cheaper to just find a proxy.

It's about the same in store, honestly.

I use Rose 31 and the NYC city exclusive - Tubereuse 40, and the Tubereuse is about 70ish, whereas the Rose 31 is less. It would probably be basically the same price to buy from Luckyscent, without the hassle of going through a proxy. Do they still let you customize the bottle? If possible, try to get Bo-Jade to make your Tubereuse, she's my favorite chemist.