Fragrance Thread

gimmegimme

After trying various CDG perfumes like 2, 71, 3, 888, man, guerilla, incense 3 and energy series...I finally decided on Kyoto and I really love it! Are there any other scents similar to it? Maybe Hinoki? Never had the opportunity to smell it. Any opinions?

not saying they're similar, but you should give harissa and sequoia from the red series a try too.

Hinoki is a pretty strong scent. It really smells like arbor vitae or cedar. First impression: I don't like it. I tried it again, after I decided for Escentric Molecules and it smelled more fruity. There are good reviews at basenote.com

I can send you a sample if you want to.

Thanks for your help! :)

Just read a few reviews. There are really some similar notes between HInoki and Kyoto, like cedar and smoky incense. But I'm afraid that I might miss the fruity and subtle not of Kyoto. And a strong scent is not what I really need at the moment.

Thanks anyway for your sample offer. btw are you a shop owner?

subtle, yet with a long-lasting smell! woody and smoky, yet with a refreshing fruity subnote! and of course the myterious smell that remembers me of Buddhist temples....that might be how I feel Kyoto.

Any other scents similar to that?

thanks! but sequoia seems to be pure wood too.. :(

and about harissa: I hate this spice! ;)

sequoia is a bit more boozy than woodsy to me

ok, ok

After I read again what was posted here, I thought about what I've read. Leather scent used to be one of the most erogenous scents overall. I want to try it but can't decide for what I should go. I don' t want a really rough leather smell (got a sample of Prince of Jardinier).

I came across Wode (150ml / 110€, it's the damn color which bugs me to buy it), which I've asked before and

4xhardcore.jpg

S-Perfume - "S-ex" (60ml / 90€) Any experience?

Does somebody know, where I can get scents made by Sissel Tolaas?

theres 2 versions of wode one has color the Edt, the EdP does not have color

as for the S-perfume haven;t tried it yet and its sold out at the s-perfume store but I think someone here asked gimme what his #1 panty droppin fragrance was and he said it was S-ex

gimme's review on his blog

http://www.peredepierre.com/2008/05/s-ex-s-perfume.html

only scents I have tried with a leather note I liked so far was Dzing and Greyland

Where can the S-ex scent be found online? Seems like something i'd be interested in

• 2 weeks later...

Recieved a sample of Nasomatto Black Afgano today.....MOAR!

It's a bit smoky but very spicy and it's crying for more. First smoky scent Iam going to like. Reminds on a scent by Prince Jardinier, but much more interesting and more wearable.

Got something subtil, mystical. Not quite heavy, but you will notice it at the first moment for sure.

If it would be cheaper....

EDIT: DAMN, Iam smelling like frutiy dope, f*ck!

EDIT (two hours later): Seems Iam getting headaches by this scent...

EDIT: I should be more professinoal.

It's starting very warm and soft. Something reminds me on deep purple (the color). There have to be some fruity ingredients. Something around cherry and blackberry. Bottled it is smelling like cherry booze with concentrated blackberry. A woman told me there is something happening in her nose, something mechanically.

Yesterday I tried it on my ankle and after five minutes you will get the accent of dope. Not such dry and scratchy, due to the cherry/blackberry stuff more warmer. You want to smell it again and again.

I don't know what to do with it. It's stated as unisex, but not sure. Due to the deep purple and the cherry note I would say it's for women, but for guys who are wearing rose or strawberry (S-ex), too.

Picked up:

Bvlgari Black: I can't smell the rubber note?! Regardless, I like this one a lot.

bvlgari_black.jpg

Bvlgari Pour Femme: Smells a bit powdery right now, I thought I smelled a tea note earlier, although I am probably way off.

Bvlgari_Pour_Femme.jpg

I'm deciding on a fragrance to add to my somewhat growing collection. I tend to usually wear woody/aromatic fragrances (ie' Dior Homme), however I'm looking for a more cooler, fresh and citrus type aroma . I can only conjure up a few that seem to stand out and here they are:

1. L'eau d'Issey Summer Pour Homme

2. L'eau par Kenzo Pour Homme

3. Thierry Mugler- Mugler Cologne

4. CDG play

Can anyone recommend a fragrance that is cool, but sensual and harmonious?

i been using Six Scents #2 (Bernhard's) this summer, i think it is great for warmer/sunny seasons because it is cool, clean, and fresh. i dont spray a lot, just lightly to keep it subtle, and according to my lady it gets better the longer it is on me, so im happy to find something that is harmonious with my skin. the ingredients are sea breeze (water + air), bergamot, water jasmine, and sheer musk. the perfumer of this fragrance, Lucas Sieuzac, made this comment: "The idea was to create a perfume close to the elements of water and air, but with a futuristic approach". interesting description there but when you smell it you will know what is meant.

more specifics? url or shop name would be helpful

breathe-cosmetics.de

Iam not sure if Iam going to keep it, you can ask me in a week or something near this period.

@fallen: yeah, it's a great scent for women. A girlfriend of mine took my whole bottle after first time smelling it...Great it was not the right for me

I'm deciding on a fragrance to add to my somewhat growing collection. I tend to usually wear woody/aromatic fragrances (ie' Dior Homme)' date=' however I'm looking for a more cooler, fresh and citrus type aroma . I can only conjure up a few that seem to stand out and here they are:

1. L'eau d'Issey Summer Pour Homme

2. L'eau par Kenzo Pour Homme

3. Thierry Mugler- Mugler Cologne

4. CDG play

Can anyone recommend a fragrance that is cool, but sensual and harmonious?[/quote']

Get the Mugler

I think I remember smelling Six Scents #2 it was too bland for me, I prefer #3 and #4 but in the end bought #4 probably will buy #3 sometime soon also.

Started getting a DIY urge for fragrances recently, has anyone made their own fragrances? Advice? Supplier suggestions?

I've read a few comments about people layering fragrances and I'm interested in hearing more from those layering fragrances. I assume it would work best to layer a simple fragrance with a more complex fragrance - adding a note rather than adding many notes from another complex fragrance.

I think Malin+Goetz was advising to layer their fragrances. Don't know their whole bargain but think they created their line by this concept. Read it few times I was searching for their stuff. MIller et Bertaux, too (Three fragrances to combine)

Think you just have to get simple and clear fragrances to layer two or three different types to create a new scent e.g. Escentric and Molecule

• 5 weeks later...

anyone have experience with

byredo parfum - chemur

really liked the incense notes... not too strong, and is not one of those scents you can only wear every other week.

currently i use a ysl - l'homme

i've tried the CDG incense lines.. but those weren't really cuttin it..

anyone got recommendations for incense based fragrances?

anyone have experience with

byredo parfum - chemur

really liked the incense notes... not too strong, and is not one of those scents you can only wear every other week.

currently i use a ysl - l'homme

i've tried the CDG incense lines.. but those weren't really cuttin it..

anyone got recommendations for incense based fragrances?

you use ysl - l'homme and cdg incense series is not cuttin it? have you tried the whole series? i refuse to believe out of all 5 you do not like a single one everyone loves kyoto even those who are not fond of incense scents

please explain

and also what kind of incense scent are you looking for?

if you like chempur its most likely you like scents that have a slight incense note and not real incense fragrances cause chempur is like a watered down incense fragrance

Byredo Chembur is a great scent and worth every penny. In fact I am selling a bottle on eBay right now! partially used. Just selling it to move onto something new, like another Byredo, because it is a HUGE bottle and I have just worn it out. It is much more powerful than any of the CDG scents, although like dude said below, if you get one KYOTO is the way to go, it's actually an incredible scent. I would say either Chembur or Kyoto. Other than that, maybe something from the L'Artisan line, but there is so many, maybe someone else can chime in, as I have not smelled as much as I would like from this line.