Fragrance Thread

gimmegimme

hm. how can one become more sensitive to the notes in a fragrance? I'm willing to drop serious cash on good stuff, but I want to be able to tell shit apart.

Is it a matter of training my nose or should I just run seawater through my nostrils and then sniff coffee beans

???

Don't wash your nose for six months, then do the saltwater wash.

Training takes time. You can take a short cut and save money by sniffing lots of raw ingredients commonly used in perfumery. You can find various herbs and essential oils anywhere from your grocery to health food stores. Most herbal and floral ingredients you can learn this way.

Don't wash your nose for six months, then do the saltwater wash.

Training takes time. You can take a short cut and save money by sniffing lots of raw ingredients commonly used in perfumery. You can find various herbs and essential oils anywhere from your grocery to health food stores. Most herbal and floral ingredients you can learn this way.

yo tang, where u been?

I want to buy a new fragrance and I was thinking of CDG2 Men, which I like better than the regular version. But it's quite heavy, ain't it? Does CDG make something similar, but a little fresher? 2 and 2men were the only one's this particular store had.

Sunken I think you would like Je suis un Homme by Etat Libre d'Orange. It is one of three fragrances in my current rotation which includes 2men and Kyoto from the cdg incense series... oh and sometimes peppermint from the sherbert series.

I'm no expert but i think it is quite similar to 2men but the inclusion of citrus notes freshens it up nicely.

While I am here, anyone know where to get cdg candles at a decent price? or any other recommendations for candles.

yo tang, where u been?

'sup Egpt, just chillin'

what U.S. retailers sell the Etat Libre D'Orange line? Is there any online stores that ship within U.S. (talking about purchasing full size bottles from the co.)?

The only US stockist I am aware of is Henri Bendel. They do not sell the ELDO frags on their web site (except for Bendelirious); not sure if they would ship, but you could call them and ask.

I don't know what kind of cologne I want. What are some good different colognes I should try before deciding? I think I'd prefer a fruitier smell but perhaps I'd like something else...

It's pretty hot out here where I am these days

Recommend me something? :)

Well for the most part I wear Sean John's Unforgivable (yes, you heard right) and girls REALLY REALLY like that scent on me for some reason. I guess it works well with my body.

John Varvatos new scent Artisan is amazing but I only wear it once in a while. Only for dates and when I feel like I'm a baller.

Umm...I forgot the name of it but Co-Op Barney's New York sells a really nice scent and it's only $50. And a Jo Malone just opened near me and they're known for mixing incredible scents together so I can't wait to hit that up when I save enough.

I don't know what kind of cologne I want. What are some good different colognes I should try before deciding? I think I'd prefer a fruitier smell but perhaps I'd like something else...

It's pretty hot out here where I am these days

Recommend me something? :)

read up!

http://www.peredepierre.com/2008/07/top-10-for-beginners.html

http://www.peredepierre.com/2008/06/top-10-for-summer.html

Just bought some

for my everyday casual cologne.

The girls seem to love this one as well as polo double black.

i am no expert on cologne, but I do ask girls for their opinions.

this is a great scent and i used it a lot for a long time about 5 or 6 years ago, i probably went through 2 or 3 flasks, but now i feel obnoxious whenever i smell it in some passerby and i don't dare to wear it.

Just bought some

1.jpg

for my everyday casual cologne.

The girls seem to love this one as well as polo double black.

i am no expert on cologne, but I do ask girls for their opinions.

I use to wear this and it was universally loved by every woman that came across it. I grew a bit tired of it and got Karl Lagerfeld Woody. I do enjoy the Woody scent but for some reason, I feel like selling the D&G was a bad mistake.

Last three purchases are:

6065484925_small.jpg

Charles Jourdan The Parfum

I love this scent. Accidentally bought a double and asked the seller if they would send this instead. Reminds me a bit of cotton candy (it is a gourmand).

JIL_SANDER_FEELING_MAN_M.jpg

Jil Sander Feeling Man

Smells a bit cheap to me. I don't like it all that much (haven't been brave enough to wear it).

nd.575.jpg

Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Mentafollia

Hasn't yet arrived, quite excited for this one though. I think I might order AA Anisia Bella or another Guerlain soon.

After trying various CDG perfumes like 2, 71, 3, 888, man, guerilla, incense 3 and energy series...I finally decided on Kyoto and I really love it! Are there any other scents similar to it? Maybe Hinoki? Never had the opportunity to smell it. Any opinions?

After trying various CDG perfumes like 2, 71, 3, 888, man, guerilla, incense 3 and energy series...I finally decided on Kyoto and I really love it! Are there any other scents similar to it? Maybe Hinoki? Never had the opportunity to smell it. Any opinions?

Hinoki is a pretty strong scent. It really smells like arbor vitae or cedar. First impression: I don't like it. I tried it again, after I decided for Escentric Molecules and it smelled more fruity. There are good reviews at basenotes.net

I can send you a sample if you want to.