Fragrance Thread

gimmegimme

Iam pretty in the fragrances of Escentric Molecules. Love both 01&02 (Escentric), but Iam looking for something new.

Is somebody able to tell me something about the Boudicca Wode Paint or Scent? Would like to try it, but no chance in Germany. Spending about 150bucks for a fragrance Iam going to dislike is a bit overdone

Thanks

Iam pretty in the fragrances of Escentric Molecules. Love both 01&02 (Escentric), but Iam looking for something new.

Is somebody able to tell me something about the Boudicca Wode Paint or Scent? Would like to try it, but no chance in Germany. Spending about 150bucks for a fragrance Iam going to dislike is a bit overdone

Thanks

It smells like really rough, strong leather. Same perfumer as Escentric Molecules (you probably already know that). Not for the faint of heart...

this month i was at a party where they were handing out free samples of 888, cdg2 and some other parfum by cdg. the 3 of them don't do much for me, i think i will be buying harissa again or kyoto.

Why don't I get invited to parties like that??? Kyoto's a great scent.

thank you very much. Looks like I have to search through (your?) site in your signature.

Take Care

Feel free to ask for recommendations...if you like Escentric Molecules (which are based on Iso E Super), you'd probably like Cartier Declaration; Hermes Poivre Samarcande; any of the Comme des Garcons Incense Series scents; and Ormonde Jayne Man (or Woman). All are heavy on the Iso E Super.

Wode comes in a pretty nifty package though...

I've heard Kyoto referred to as a winter scent, do you agree with this statement? Anyone wear it in the warmer months? There seems to be a divide on the summer / winter scent philosophy.

I've heard Kyoto referred to as a winter scent, do you agree with this statement? Anyone wear it in the warmer months? There seems to be a divide on the summer / winter scent philosophy.
I know people who wear it only in the winter or only in the summer. I think I know someone who wears it all year round.

I always say there is no division, wear it whenever you feel like it. I probably wear a lot more "winter" scents in the summer anyway.

Why don't I get invited to parties like that??? Kyoto's a great scent.

i thought it was pretty weird too, specially considering that all the samples were just laying on a big table, if i wanted i could have taken 100 of them and no one would probably care, but i was going to be there until 6 or 7 am and i didn't want to carry all that stuff with me all night ahah.

the packaging was also nice, the usual sample vials but with a package in a material whose name i don't know, but it's the same stuff they use on magic the gathering booster packs ahahaha, childhood memories.

my personal opinion is that kyoto is a winter scent, it's a bit too strong and warm for summer.

i base this on the fact that i probably wouldn't feel comfortable with it during warmer months but you may feel differently about it. it is definitely great though.

my personal opinion is that kyoto is a winter scent, it's a bit too strong and warm for summer.

i base this on the fact that i probably wouldn't feel comfortable with it during warmer months but you may feel differently about it. it is definitely great though.

I bought samples for quite a few CdG scents recently; Kyoto was one of them. I really like it. I think I'd agree though. Or, at least, I'd prefer it during the winter and fall.

gg, is there anything worth checking out from bond no. 9? i just found out the my friend used to work there and she has 2 boxes of samples. i can also hook it up if anyone is interested.

Not really...New Haarlem is okay if you like coffee. And Chinatown is nice, but might be too feminine. They have some truly awful, awful scents, so beware.

HOT Always is nice too if you like patchouli...make sure you get a decent deal on them, because you can definitely find better for much less.

I say wear what you want when you want to...I have heavier things I like in the summer, and vice versa.

I picked up a bottle of Escentric Molecule 01 today, something I've smelt in the past at parties but never known what it is.

Curious to know if it generally is a long-laster - I've a CDG, Terre d'Hermes and Acqua di Parma which I tend to stop noticing after 4+ hours - from what I understand the Escentric is a very different scent in terms of being very synthetic.

I got Kelly Caleche awhile ago and it is slowly pushing Jardin sur le Nil aside as one of my favourite perfumes...

I am considering splurging on a Hermessence perfume this summer, but I can't decide if I like any of them enough to actually buy an entire bottle.. I think I am just in love (lust) with the leather cap..

I picked up a bottle of Escentric Molecule 01 today, something I've smelt in the past at parties but never known what it is.

Curious to know if it generally is a long-laster - I've a CDG, Terre d'Hermes and Acqua di Parma which I tend to stop noticing after 4+ hours - from what I understand the Escentric is a very different scent in terms of being very synthetic.

Iso E Super is one of the strange synthetics that lasts a really, really long time, but you'll find that at some points, you won't be able to smell it at all, and at other points, it'll come across as really strong. Many of the CDG scents, as well as Terre d'Hermes use a high concentration of it.

gimmegimme: What do you think of the fragrances offered by Fresh?

They're okay...a bit overpriced. The Cannbis scents are best.

I got Kelly Caleche awhile ago and it is slowly pushing Jardin sur le Nil aside as one of my favourite perfumes...

I am considering splurging on a Hermessence perfume this summer, but I can't decide if I like any of them enough to actually buy an entire bottle.. I think I am just in love (lust) with the leather cap..

Same reason I bought one.

i don't know how to describe what i'm after but i guess its somewhere along the lines of wood, tobacco and leather. similar to the smell of carpe diem boots :o

searching through here these 2 popped up

Rien by Etat Libre d'Orange

Guerlain Vetiver

am i steering to the right direction?

Looking for a summer fragrance, think about going with dior sport...seems quiet fresh, not the more technical, but I think my cdg is a bit heavy for summer.

any other decent, light fragrances going?

As the sun is blazing here in Covent Garden, I've got a bottle of Acqua Di Parma colonia in my desk draw.... perfect for this weather and nice and light.

i don't know how to describe what i'm after but i guess its somewhere along the lines of wood, tobacco and leather. similar to the smell of carpe diem boots :o

searching through here these 2 popped up

Rien by Etat Libre d'Orange

Guerlain Vetiver

am i steering to the right direction?

Rien is a heavy leather...Vetiver is fresher & greener. You could also try Timbuktu & L'Homme de Coeur.

Looking for a summer fragrance, think about going with dior sport...seems quiet fresh, not the more technical, but I think my cdg is a bit heavy for summer.

any other decent, light fragrances going?

I really like Mugler Cologne. If you want something a bit more cache, CDG's Vettiveru is great.

tried out the Etat range today. came home with jasmine and cigarettes. the rien wasn't the scent i was looking for, couldn't smell the leather but it was nice nonetheless. the scent i'm after is the smell of railroads mixed with leather. i'm guessing such a unique scent would be available in the i hate perfume range?

the shop had some CDG fragrances as well which i thought were excellent. the white in particular was my favourite (would have bought it as well but they didn't have any in stock). if anyone has a used bottle they want to get rid of for cheap pm me :).

this thread has made me realised i've been wearing bin juice all my life.