Fragrance Thread

gimmegimme

What's a good alternative to Theirry Mugler Cologne?

I've used a couple bottles of it already, and I haven't found a good alternative to it yet.

hey guys i need a new scent for summer and have NO idea what to go with, i want something very light and comfortable, nothing stifling or too masculine but still good, a nice fresh smell. any reccomendations i am a complete moron with this stuff.

hey guys i need a new scent for summer and have NO idea what to go with, i want something very light and comfortable, nothing stifling or too masculine but still good, a nice fresh smell. any reccomendations i am a complete moron with this stuff.

What's your budget?

High - Vetiver Extraordinaire by Frederic Malle; Bergamote by The Different Company

Sephora/Dept. Store - Eau de Cartier; Terre d'Hermes

What's your budget?

High - Vetiver Extraordinaire by Frederic Malle; Bergamote by The Different Company

Sephora/Dept. Store - Eau de Cartier; Terre d'Hermes

honestly don't know by summer it won't be a budget and it's still cold enough for my winter one. i will look into this, thanks, rep when i can again.

I ended up ordering from Plaza Too (the site that had the CdG scents) and the service ended up being really good. I ordered late on the 17th, they shipped via UPS Ground yesterday (from NYC location) and it got here today (I live an hour outside of Philly on the PA/MD border). I would recommend them to anyone.

• 2 weeks later...
Any info on the Gareth Pugh Six Scents shit?

I bought #4

here my previous comment of when I tried a sample

initial sniffs from the bottle I smell the nutmeg and like a sweet wood

upon contact with skin I smelled the dill, black pepper and the tea

drydown on me I have no clue what the hell it is but I like it, its not woodsy but there is a hint of it with like a light musk I think

Anyone purchase from Fragrancenet.com recently? How was your experience? Are the products they sell of good quality? I was thinking of making a purchase there, but I came across some reviews that stated the scent faded quickly or was bad or rancid when they received it.

i dont know crap about fragrances/brands/wutever else, but i got a tiny bottle of Burberry ( whutever that is) "Weekend" smell... is Burberry a good brand??? it smells pretty good..

thanks

I change my scents, after a while you can become kind of numb to the same smell if that makes any sense.

That being said, Lanvin is great, nice and light, as is Lacoste

Perry Ellis America has a great scent as well if your looking for something that is cheap but doesn't smell cheap

I change my scents, after a while you can become kind of numb to the same smell if that makes any sense.

That being said, Lanvin is great, nice and light, as is Lacoste

Perry Ellis America has a great scent as well if your looking for something that is cheap but doesn't smell cheap

what are the name of the scents?

What the fuck happened while I was away???

People are suggesting Perry Ellis and Lacoste? Oh heeeelllll no.

Back on track bitches. If you want to smell like a bathroom stall at the airport, keep wearin this shit, otherwise, move on...there are SO many better options than that duty free buy-one-get-one bullsht.

The only thing that I've found that resembles it is Benetton Unisex...similar, but lighter in a way.

Otherwise you're looking for a clean musk - there are a ton of them out there, but nothing as nice as Cologne imo.

Hmm I think Kiehl's Original musk is just as nice as Cologne, not as steam clean fresh, but more gentlemanly vintage-ish.

could i actually get recs for a woodsy, aqua (is that even a type?), and a citrus

thanks

Cartier Declaration Bois Bleu is good if you want aquatic. Not my favourite genre, but there are some that are decent. Avoid the Acqua di Gio's, etc. Another fav is Ferre Bergamotto Marino if you can find it...excellent marine/citrus scent.

Need something for the warmer months. Thinking about trying out CDG Anbar for something citrusy but not too much so. Any opinions?

Anbar is nice...not as nice as Vettiveru, but still nice. I really like Mugler Cologne for something other than citrus in the summer...relatively cheap, but better than most of the expensive stuff available. Another option would be Yuzu Fou by Parfum d'Empire, as well as Verveine by Heeley.