Fragrance Thread

gimmegimme

what is the raunchiest scent there is? i tried musc ravageur and didnt find it as panty dropping as people claim

edit: has anyone smelled ajne fragrances? im tempted to get a sample set for $25

Musc Ravageur may possibly be the worst fragrance I've ever sampled. Very strong. I put some on one evening before going out and almost threw up in my car it was that god-awful. The mix of vanilla and clove with musk does not jive well, at all.

MKK just smells like gramps.

Have you tried Rose Poivree by TDC? It's pretty raunchy but all the notes work perfect with each other and it comes off as refined yet dirty. I'd try that if you're looking for panty-dropping raunch.

wuts the difference between cdg and cdg 2?

would u say they are unisex like ck one? omg i love ck one, been wearing it the past decade!!

At the Temple of Jawnz, there was CDG and CDG2. CDG is really spicy and wood-y, I guess. CDG2 is floral and a bit musky, and sweeter smelling. As far as common consensus went, women liked CDG2 better. I haven't really had any women tell me they liked my CDG, so I'm thinking of what I will move onto next. :( (maybe CDG2 for myself?) CDG was really expensive here too, btw, it was like $120 for the 1.7oz.

what is the raunchiest scent there is? i tried musc ravageur and didnt find it as panty dropping as people claim

edit: has anyone smelled ajne fragrances? im tempted to get a sample set for $25

Muscs KK is a good suggestions...others:

-L'Air de Rien by Miller Harris (highly recommended)

-Rien by Etat Libre d'Orange (leather & animals)

-Dzing! by L'Artisan (cotton candy & barn)

-L'Eau de Guerriere by Parfumerie Generale (musk & incense)

-Twill Rose by Parfums de Rosine (rose & animals)

-Eau d'Hermes (cumin & civet)

Haven't tried Ajne frags...will look into it.

Muscs KK is a good suggestions...others:

-L'Air de Rien by Miller Harris (highly recommended)

-Rien by Etat Libre d'Orange (leather & animals)

-Dzing! by L'Artisan (cotton candy & barn)

-L'Eau de Guerriere by Parfumerie Generale (musk & incense)

-Twill Rose by Parfums de Rosine (rose & animals)

-Eau d'Hermes (cumin & civet)

Haven't tried Ajne frags...will look into it.

I will add Diptyque's L'Autre; cumin and cumin. Dirrrrrrrty. ;)

Today, I was choosing between Paco Rabanne 1 Million and Dsquareed He Wood, even though I really like the juice of He Wood, but I couldnt resist the design of a gold tab of 1 Mil. So ended up paying for 1 Mil. However, the gold bottle is quite tacky( glass with gold plastic), but still the design has caught me badly.

Other people would probably say 1 Million is lousy, the scent is just too SWEET and too feminine, and really all I can smell is dark rose mixed with grapefruit, nothing more than that. Still I quite like it.

But for sure, my next purchase would be He Wood.

I need a little help finding a nice perfume for my fiancee

She/we want something that's pretty fruity, maybe more fruity than what a lot of people on here would like. We're going for 'smells edible' mostly.

I haven't done a ton of looking, mostly just at lower-end shops so far and the usual bath-goo stores in malls.

Something light and airy, not too thick.

Sweet, kind, happy and a little sexy.

Greatly prefer something we could try out via sample or at a store (we're in Seattle)

She/we want something that's pretty fruity, maybe more fruity than what a lot of people on here would like. We're going for 'smells edible' mostly.

I haven't done a ton of looking, mostly just at lower-end shops so far and the usual bath-goo stores in malls.

Greatly prefer something we could try out via sample or at a store (we're in Seattle)

Fruity can often smell cheap, but there are exceptions:

-Miss Dior Cherie (strawberry)

-Gaultier Ma Dame (fruit-punch)

-CDG Rhubarb (self explanatory)

-Nina by Nina Ricci (general fruitiness)

-Guerlain Pamplelune (grapefruit)

Those are all available at Sephora and most department stores.

For cheap & cheerful, Bath & Bodyworks has a lot of fun things - I think they have a Cherry Blossom that's not bad.

Kenzo Power is so mainstream in Tokyo. Everywhere I go, it is listed on the top 5 best selling men scent, whether it's true or not.

Had a whiffed at Le Labo Gaiac 10, mainly smells of light cedar and musk, I can certainly say that it smells like burnt coconut.

Another whiff at Neroli 36, loved it.

Gimme, I have a question.

Where do you put a line between a gay scent and a woman scent or a man scent??

For example, if I put on DK Gold, to me I do not see anything musculine in it at all, so will this imply that I am gay?? Or something like easy to wear like Mure et Musc.

For example, if I put on DK Gold, to me I do not see anything musculine in it at all, so will this imply that I am gay?? Or something like easy to wear like Mure et Musc.

So much wrong right here.

So much wrong right here.

I'm not saying DK Gold is gay or something, I love it. I am just saying it could be the perception that other guys or girls walking pass me, and they might just think "why the hell this guy puts on a lily perfume."

I am asking because that is the normal perception that people aournd me have. I got comments that are in between being a compliment and an insult from others.

Yo K, thems lines is tight 'tween when yall'shit's smell aight 'n when niggas be faggin, but if you implyuating that it's easy o'summin to distingerentiate gender, ya'll's is mistaken.

What's a good alternative to Theirry Mugler Cologne?

I've used a couple bottles of it already, and I haven't found a good alternative to it yet.

The only thing that I've found that resembles it is Benetton Unisex...similar, but lighter in a way.

Otherwise you're looking for a clean musk - there are a ton of them out there, but nothing as nice as Cologne imo.

mens, womens, and unisex are just arbitrary labels

no ingredient is always masculine or always feminine

you really have to go on a case by case basis pretty much

Yes. I tried on A La Nuit the other day; at first I thought it was too floral and feminine... but then I felt that it transcended gender, and just smelled good... really, really good.

one more suggestion for this one.... YSL Babydoll.

It has a grapefruit base I believe, and I would definitely describe it as a "flirty" scent without being overly girly or sickly sweet. you can find it pretty much everywhere, too :)

If anyone's located in Toronto (or possibly elsewhere in Canada), Holt Renfew is not going to be carrying Etat Libre d'Orange any longer, so they're 30% off.

I picked up Rien (leather) and Nombril Immense (patchouli). Both excellent examples for their respective family of fragrances.

• 2 weeks later...
Good deals on CDG...

http://www.plazatoo.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=designer&Store_Code=PT&vendor_code=CDG

CD2 Man for $25! I don't know if the store is reliable...but worth a shot.

Thanks for the heads up! At that price I'd probably get 2, Play, and even 8 88 just for the novelty. Shame they only do foreign billing addresses in like 5 countries so I'll have to do it by phone.

These guys have an actual store in NYC by the way so I'm fairly sure they're legit.