Fragrance Thread

gimmegimme

does anyone else have any problems w/ cologne going sour on application to the skin. it's bad enough that i have a bad sense of smell, but i find alot of cologne going bad on my skin

I don't know about cologne going sour exactly...skin chemistry can have a minute effect, but it shouldn't be drastic. Does it just smell sour to you or to others too?

Anyone able to give an ad hoc review for Allessandro Dell Acqua or Givenchy Very Irrestible?

I'm mainly looking for summer scents. Have too many musky winter ones.

do you work with computers?

Dell Acqua smells like Acqua Di Parma, but not as good. I wouldn't pick Very Irresistible for summer...or for anytime for that matter. If I can make suggestions (I'm going to anyway), try Monsieur De Givenchy, Eau Sauvage by Dior, and L'Eau D'Hadrien by Annick Goutal.

odeur 53 is like sweet rubbing alcohol....with a plastic-y yet non toxic feel....

53 and 71 have a very similar (possibly the same) base, but as the numbers state, 71 has additional ingredients to make it a bit more complex. Even though they claim to have things like "printer toner" and "taste of licking a battery" in them...I find them both pretty clean and simple smelling.

Smells too much like wet nail polish to me.

I'm deciding whether to buy a bottle of Kyoto or Play, but I have some more CdG samples on the way to try out first.

What else do you wear or like? I might be able to guide you in your search if I know your tastes (I can't remember if you already mentioned what you wore currently?)

Anyone smell the Chanel Allure Homme Sport Cologne Sport? (name is fucking ridiculous)

I have the original Allure and the Sport, and love them both, so I was thinking of getting that one too.

I think its just a slightly altered Allure Sport, and its a "cologne" rather than an eau de toilette, so it won't last as long (which is why it comes in a huge ass bottle).

I don't know about cologne going sour exactly...skin chemistry can have a minute effect, but it shouldn't be drastic. Does it just smell sour to you or to others too?

my skin chemistry has a pretty bad effect especailly comparing the paper and when on skin, and even when others have worn it. right now i think it just smellss sour to me at times, but when i ask the sales person they always agree. i'll just have to bring a girl :S

today i tried on a couple, including creed MI and dior eau blanche. the dior smelt awful on my skin.

my skin chemistry has a pretty bad effect especailly comparing the paper and when on skin, and even when others have worn it. right now i think it just smellss sour to me at times, but when i ask the sales person they always agree. i'll just have to bring a girl :S

today i tried on a couple, including creed MI and dior eau blanche. the dior smelt awful on my skin.

That's too bad. Maybe you were meant to just smell like you.:confused:

From men.style.com:

---

July 12, 2007—New York consultancy TippingSprung recently asked 1,300 marketing pros to name their favorite newly introduced brand names. Categories ranged from hotels (no.1: Aloft) to pharmaceuticals (no.1: Enjuvia—apparently, it helps with menopause). Not everyone can be a winner, though. Here is the survey's list of the worst new fragrance names:

1. Ultraviolet Man Summer Pop (Paco Rabanne)

2. Intimately Beckham for Him

3. Perfect Man Alternative (Bella Bellissima)

4. I Love Marc (Marc Jacobs)

5. 212 Men Splash (Carolina Herrera)

---

There was enough noise about Frederic Malle's new cologne, French Lover, to change the name in North America to Bois D'Orage. Do you get embarrassed when someone asks what you're wearing and you have to recite a ridiculous name?

That's too bad. Maybe you were meant to just smell like you.:confused:

actually no, i think MI was awesome. and it stayed on for a day. i just don't know where i would get some for a decent price. holt renfrew had it for 290. amazon.com and scentiments both have it for much cheaper. but is scentiments a trusted retailer?

actually no, i think MI was awesome. and it stayed on for a day. i just don't know where i would get some for a decent price. holt renfrew had it for 290. amazon.com and scentiments both have it for much cheaper. but is scentiments a trusted retailer?

Why didn't you say you from Toronto???;)

You're right...buying it here is pretty pricey...try here:

http://www.fragrancenet.com/f/net/mf_items.html?cat=00611&cur_letter=C&gs_gen=M

Make sure you sign up for their mailing list first, and you'll get an email right away with a 10% off coupon.

Do you get embarrassed when someone asks what you're wearing and you have to recite a ridiculous name?

No, for me the stranger the better. You just have to say such things with conviction to save yourself from sounding pretentious.

Pronouncing French words can be tricky for some people though.

i used L'eau D'Issey by Issey Miyake for the past couple years, i always really liked the scent but i needed a change, so my lady got me this. the fragrance is sweet and spicy with woodsy undertones.<3

That's a big change...but a good one. I'm happy when people get past the issey miyake phase. :P

cdg colognes are bank breakers.

dont colognes cost like 50 bucks?

or are they BRO colognes?

what are bro colognes?:confused:

Higher priced colognes (usually) indicate higher priced ingredients....but then again, everything CDG is expensive. They're still cheap compared to some others though:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2944440?Category=&Search=True&SearchType=keywordsearch&keyword=clive+christian+in+All+Categories&origin=searchresults

So I came across Narciso Rodriguez new men's cologne today. It was "meh" at best. They did have another bottle though called "N.... R.... Musk for Him". It smelled pretty good, but its only available in a "perfume oil", which was basically the same greasy texture as bug spray. Not sure who the genius was that thought that men would want to grease themselves up like pigs with perfume.