Fragrance Thread

gimmegimme

13 pages in and I really have to ask a dumb question. educate me.

what is the proper etiquette to applying cologne/ fragrances? how much do you use and where do you spray it etc?

There aren't really any formal rules...but here are some general guidelines that I follow:

-less is more...just because it doesn't smell strong to you doesn't mean it doesn't to everyone around you

-don't spray on your clothes

-don't spray in your hair

-people with oily skin should put less on than people with dry skin

-moisturizing before spraying will make the scent last longer

-stick to one scent at a time...unless you're an expert

Personally, I spray twice on my neck and once on each wrist. If its a stronger cologne, maybe just the neck.

A few more suggestions - don't keep your cologne in the bathroom (humidity will ruin it), try to store out of direct sunlight, and keep the cap on when you're not using it. Cologne's natural enemies are light, air, and heat.

I got the sample of CdG Play from luckyscent.com

I'm having a tough time deciding whether to buy a bottle of that or CdG Incense: Kyoto

I also got a few other samples including some from CdG's synthetic line. Tar smells really good, but also really feminine. I wouldn't mind smelling it on a woman, but not me. Maybe it's just my skin type, but the dry down seems more suited for a woman than a man.

I got the sample of CdG Play from luckyscent.com

I'm having a tough time deciding whether to buy a bottle of that or CdG Incense: Kyoto

I also got a few other samples including some from CdG's synthetic line. Tar smells really good, but also really feminine. I wouldn't mind smelling it on a woman, but not me. Maybe it's just my skin type, but the dry down seems more suited for a woman than a man.

by any chance were the samples for free?

all the BROS wear curve.

I just bought my first super-expensive cologne.

100 bucks

its okay cause i didnt pay for that shit

I use CKOne, RL Romance, Comme Des Garcons Odeur 53, and Giorgani Armani...

Anyone try Hummer Cologne? Haha...

Sean John...Lamborghini...Beckham...Paris Hilton...Hummer...things that I would be embarassed to mention if anyone asked what I was wearing. :eek:

i tried all of the CDG fragrances (mens)

the only ones i liked were guerilla 2 black / red

and

cdg PLAY

i use:

Bois d'Argent - Dior

Dior Homme - Dior

Fahrenheit 32 - Dior

Odeur 53 - CDG

Antidote - V&R

Gaultier2 - JPG

Gucci Pour Homme 2 - Gucci

L'Homme - YSL

Amber Pour Homme - Prada

B*Men - Thierry Muglee

Mugler Cologne - Thierry Mugler

Mat; Very Male - MAsaki MAtsushima...

and many more

Thanks g. Do you know if they sell them at the CdG store and do they make every fragrance available in the small bottle?

Only 53 & 71 are available in this specific size. I think 2 and 2man are available in a travel size as well. The other lines are usually only available in one size, except for Series1, which were available in 2 sizes, the Red series also available in 2 sizes, and the Sherbet series are available in a small 30ml bottle and a solid.

And they may have them at the CDG store, but everytime I've gone to the one in London, they never seem to have much of anything in stock, but they might at the one close to you.

The small ones are tiny. They are travel bottles, of which the caps can be unscrewed for refilling. IMO better deal getting the big one if you like the fragrance (the cheapest per unit price among all the cdg perfumes). I'm using 71 now, favorite at the moment.