Fragrance Thread

gimmegimme

^^ thanks gimme, ill defenitely look into that..

yesterday i was downtown shoppin with my friends at eaton centre..might go back though.

ill head to yorkdale tho, seems like the holt there has a very good selection, the one on bloor was good too just didnt find nething appealing..

This is what the Dior bottles look like:

54dpcec.jpg

...not to be confused with the standard Dior Homme scent...which is also nice, but not quite as special as these three. Let us know what you decide on!

ill keep you posted..

you mentioned Cologne Blanche...can u describe the scent though? would u say its sensual/masculine?

Cologne Blanche starts off citrusy, then smells warmer...a bit like almonds. Its actually quite different than what you first think...so give it a bit of time before you make judgement. It dries down (after hours and hours) to a warm, musky smell.

Eau Noire smells a bit curry-like at first (immortel), but becomes very interesting, sweet, warm, a bit floral but still spicey.

Boid D'Argent starts off with a licorice/anise note...that's when I put the blotter down. Probably the least interesting out of the three, the most wearable after Cologne Blanche.

All the bottles are available in a big 4.2oz. bottle...an even bigger 8.4oz. bottle...and an enormous 16.9oz. bottle for the cologne whores. They come with both a screw top for splashing, and a spray...nicely tucked into a velvet pouch.

Anyone tried the new Fahrenheit 32 yet? I might go check it out tomorrow.

Its still not in Canada yet (shocking)...didn't get great reviews so far though. Apparently it "can't decide what it wants to be"...fresh & light...or sweet and warm. Either way...the bottle will look nice on a shelf. :rolleyes:

Hey, I was pretty into cologne for a while but ran out of opportunities to wear it so havn't really bothered lately. I was wondering if I could get some reccomendations.

When I still wore it I enjoyed:

Bvlgari Blue

Burberry (the one in the red box)

Ensenza di zegna

and when I was a kid I was lucky enough to tour France and got some crazy stuff from Fragonard. I like Swing a lot.

I'm not afraid of something unconventioal, in fact I would like reccomendations of that nature.

Thanks.

Hey, I was pretty into cologne for a while but ran out of opportunities to wear it so havn't really bothered lately. I was wondering if I could get some reccomendations.

When I still wore it I enjoyed:

Bvlgari Blue

Burberry (the one in the red box)

Ensenza di zegna

and when I was a kid I was lucky enough to tour France and got some crazy stuff from Fragonard. I like Swing a lot.

I'm not afraid of something unconventioal, in fact I would like reccomendations of that nature.

Thanks.

The unconventional ones are always my favourite:

-Secretions Magnifiques by Etat Libre D'Orange (very weird)

-I find Bvlgari Black a bit strange, but still nice

-Garage by Comme Des Garcons

-KIngdom by Alexander McQueen (labelled as a women's scent, but much better on a man)

-Dirt by Demeter (cheap and peculiar)

...I could go on and on.

Gimme Gimme, ive got good news..

Farenheight 32 from Dior is now officially in stock in canada.. I walked into my local shoppers drug mart today and they've arrived...the bottle is very nice and the smell is actually pretty nice.. Its got a strong smell when u put it on(almost too strong lol), but once it cools down, its got a very sweet and long lasting smell..

gimme i got a bottle recently as a gift but i v had a hard time tracking down its company and origins, hope u can assist.

its called impressionist and it says Mystelle parfumes so im guessing thats the company. trouble is i cant seem to find anything on them anywhere online wise

do u know anything about it?

the bottom of the bottle also has a stamp that i think reads: starion uk midox. its hard to read as its pretty thick lettering.

Gimme Gimme, ive got good news..

Farenheight 32 from Dior is now officially in stock in canada.. I walked into my local shoppers drug mart today and they've arrived...the bottle is very nice and the smell is actually pretty nice.. Its got a strong smell when u put it on(almost too strong lol), but once it cools down, its got a very sweet and long lasting smell..

Great...thanks for the heads up!

gimme i got a bottle recently as a gift but i v had a hard time tracking down its company and origins, hope u can assist.

its called impressionist and it says Mystelle parfumes so im guessing thats the company. trouble is i cant seem to find anything on them anywhere online wise

do u know anything about it?

the bottom of the bottle also has a stamp that i think reads: starion uk midox. its hard to read as its pretty thick lettering.

Can't say I've heard of that scent or the company...sometimes companies produce scents and sell them on the grey market under different names...you can usually find them in discount stores, etc. That's totally a guess, so don't think you got a cheap gift or anything...it could also be an import (UK note aside) that isn't sold in North America. ..likely from India. Best bet would be to go back to your gifter and ask. ;) Sorry!

For those of you interested, here's a link to a very comprehensive directory of fragrances available in the United States compiled by the Fragrance Foundation:

http://www.fragrancedirectory.info/usadirectory/

Other useful directories are located on Sephora's website, Nordstrom's website, www.osmoz.com, www.basenotes.net, and www.worlddutyfree.com.

These are the sources I use when asked questions about colognes/perfumes that I'm not familiar with. You don't think I memorize all this shit, do you? :eek: Seriously though, I like answering all the questions and hearing what everyone is wearing.:D

i thought this whole time you were a cologne junkie ahah...:cool:

ha...I am...just thought maybe you lazy fuckers could look up your own shit ;) (kidding).

To elaborate on my cologne-junkiness, I also have some experience with making your own cologne if anyone is interested in trying it. Put on your thick glasses though...its full of chemistry and math and lots of other nerdy things...if you're into that sort of thing.

Anyone tried the new Fahrenheit 32 yet? I might go check it out tomorrow.

So I finally tried Fahrenheit 32 today, and I can't say it'll be a future purchase for me. If you (still) like the original, you may like it, but its VERY strong, and essentially just a warmer, more vanillic verion.

The original is based on a violet accord, which is one of the flowers that you can't extract essential oil from, so part of the reason why Fahrenheit was so groundbreaking at the time was because of its use of a combination of fragrance chemicals that together emulated something new and fresh. It seems like in the new rendition, the violet has been replaced by an opening of orange blossom, and then sweetened with vanilla.

I was truly hoping that F32 would be more interesting than JPG's flowery verion of Le Male, but sadly this one replicates its modernisation...which will no doubt be very successful with the general population.

I tried Prada Parfume today, really like the smell, what do you guys think? Its the one on GQ, detail recently.

i was going to get it... but i still got several bottles of other cologne i barely touched

Not sure if you guys like it, what about the fragrance from Marc Jacobs- Rain? I found CK Summer to be mellow but not long lasting. Not a fan of the new Lancome Hypnotise

Not sure if you guys like it, what about the fragrance from Marc Jacobs- Rain? I found CK Summer to be mellow but not long lasting. Not a fan of the new Lancome Hypnotise

I find some of Marc Jacob's scents a bit flat...but I do sort of like the Cucumber one. His original men's scent is quite nice too, if you like figs.

I find some of Marc Jacob's scents a bit flat...but I do sort of like the Cucumber one. His original men's scent is quite nice too, if you like figs.

Rain was the one I liked, only tried 3-4 others. Rain is a bit flat but it is bit like a comforting flat smell....? I will check out the cucumber one before buying Rain.