Fragrance Thread

gimmegimme

• 3 months later...

Here's what I've been wearing for the past year or two - both unisex fragrances. 

The Different Company: Sens Et Bois 
Scent: Cedar, violets, incense 

Nasomatto: Absinth 
Scent: Vetiver, wormwood, earth. 

I love them both, but Absinth is my all time favourite. 

I love them both, but Absinth is my all time favourite. 

Absinth is a really great scent! I have a tester of it, and it's definatley high on my want list!

• 2 weeks later...

Stopped by the CB I hate Perfume Gallery in NYC to check them out. Really incredible stuff, everything invokes a memory so its really nice to go there and smell stuff for a while.

I ended up picking up 2nd (Alan) Cumming really nice woody/wiskey/leather scent for all year round.

http://cbihateperfume.com/shop/2nd-alan-cumming/

Got the Dries Van Noten for Frederic Malle scent, great stuff- complex like cdg2man but a little bit more sophisticated and gourmand. Probably not an every day scent or something for warm weather, but still nice.

Edited by Fycus

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

terre edp vs edt? always preferred a edp due to obvious reasons, but i've read that the edt in this case is (somehow) longer lasting

if you're talking about hermes, i prefer the parfum, and i haven't had longevity issues with it at all (9ish hour base notes)

i also think it smells more balanced (i would use it for fall days) but that's just me, from what i've seen of internet reviews there isn't a clear superior shrug

u can email hermes us and ask for free samples though they're usually pretty receptive

if you're talking about hermes, i prefer the parfum, and i haven't had longevity issues with it at all (9ish hour base notes)

i also think it smells more balanced (i would use it for fall days) but that's just me, from what i've seen of internet reviews there isn't a clear superior shrug

u can email hermes us and ask for free samples though they're usually pretty receptive

yeah, hermes. i live in australia so i doubt they'll send me a sample, thanks though.

we got all the cdg fragances at the shop where i work, even the less known like Serpentine, standard etc

and im really tempted to buy either the 2 or the first eau de parfum. eau de parfum is kinda more manly, while 2 is unisex. i really dont like the 2 MAN. as for wonderwood just heard it doesnt stay on the skin long. 

eau de parfum seem like a classic choice i guess ?

we got all the cdg fragances at the shop where i work, even the less known like Serpentine, standard etc

and im really tempted to buy either the 2 or the first eau de parfum. eau de parfum is kinda more manly, while 2 is unisex. i really dont like the 2 MAN. as for wonderwood just heard it doesnt stay on the skin long. 

eau de parfum seem like a classic choice i guess ?

i personally prefer the og, but i don't think i'd wear it to the office or a formal environment. it probably brings out the most divisive opinions of any cdg fragrance and many people straight up hate it - an ex several years ago described it as smelling like 'melted cellophane'. 

^ Although I haven't worn it or even smelt it for a number of years I always thought standard was quite special. Interesting combo of cold vs. warm and also a genius collab. I think CdG really paved the way in creating an unusual scent experience and bringing it to the (somewhat) mainstream but now it's almost entering the department store segment of the market.

I've recently smelt the ranges from Meo Fusciuni and Nico Uytterhaegen and met their creators - this is true perfume artistry, and sensual overload. The most recent one from Uytterhaegen, I can't recall the name, is made from the distilled organs of horses. Spooky as fuck.

ived tried the original, serpentine and 2 MAN and 2, tested it with relatives and shit and everybody hated the original eau de parfum, most said the 2 suited me the better. still maybe wanna try wonderwood but ive heard it doesnt stay on the skin really long compared to 2

idk i just checked like perfume forums, shit like that and its the one of cdg with the poorest durability rating, but again its just a forum idk it depend on the people, 

im not a person that wanna play with 4-5 perfume, just want a new one that i can wear all year around.

imma try wonderwood, and if not for me gonna stick with the 2 i guess

• 10 months later...

Bought a bottle of wonderwood and I'm allergic to the point of me constantly sneezing if I use it.  I'm willing to get rid of the bottle for a decent price if anyone wants it.

Any way to figure out what it is I'm allergic to in the ingredients?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, llobey said:

conq did you cop the hermes

if so how did you feel about it

i ended up getting the edp on discount. longevity is pretty poor, so i presumably received an old bottle or it just doesn't go well with my skin chemistry.

my girlfriend bought me the monsieur li edt for christmas. it's v nice but v weak as well.