Fragrance Thread

gimmegimme

• 2 weeks later...

got this as my new s/s scent

Jo_Malone-600x450.jpg

enjoyed it thoroughly when trying at the store. on the lighter side, like black tea mixed with sweet, fresh with the cucumber notes. not very strong in the air, but lasts on the skin.

was using this during f/w and was happy with it too

diptyque-vetyverio.jpg

i've always been wary of jo malone because i've read most of her fragrances are on the feminine side but i'm still curious to try some of them (including the one you bought).

yeah definitely agree. a lot are on the feminine side, but i'd say most are unisex, particularly during the warmer seasons. wouldn't wear a lot of the scents for a/w

I did sample this in John Lewis in Southampton actually, the assistant was really enthusiastic about it being one of the 'first' fragrances created so I was quite intrigued, but my nose found it to be offensive, from memory it was like urine or some other nasty bodily fluid.

I did not wait for the drydown, that was enough for me to turn off completely, BUT I would still say take a whiff as you never know, might be right for you and good on your skin - don't die wondering.

For me though a big no-no.

( i'm uk too for the record )

If you are interested in the body connotations I would recommend

Secretions Magnifiques  by Etat Libre d`Orange - this had a bit of hype a while back but it REALLY intriguing, I really like it.

I will not say anymore - just have a read and discover for yourself - it's and odd one and it'll no doubt polarise opinion, interested to see what you think when you read about it and then after you sample it - or even better sample first then read about it !

Sorry to be cryptic but it's worth seeking out.

I have a sample I am sure at home in a drawer.

Edited by TEKsevenZERO

done my hw on magnifique, and while I ain't even touched a sample, I'm not sure I want to.. read quite a lot of reviews and it's doesn't tempt me in the slightest, while sounding conceptual it doesn't appear in my 'frag list'.

I want something out of the ordinary. aromatic, possibly floral, not sure. not bothered about overly masculine scents. I heard dior homme intense is abit unique, have you smelled this frag?

I get musk / metal / milk vibe from it but really quite like it (magnifique ) but you really have to smell it to appreciate(?) it !

Anyhow, Dior Homme is nice, pretty safe and easy to wear.

You might want to give Musc by Narciso Rodriquez a go or just the reqular Narciso Rodriguez a try, should be readily available but is definitely more interesting than your generic gent's dept store scent.

I get a freshly turned damp soil and floral vibe from it thhen a dusky musk/floral.  It lasts well too might be worth a look-see? I am wearing right now at work at stupid o'clock in the morning and still can smell it after putting it on before midday!

Hmm, interesting, i may actually try and search for a sample of this magnifique after all. just when i read blood and semen in the initial description, I shuddered.

I'll have a look for the Rodriguez one aswell.. have you tried any amouage? that also sounded intriguing.

Amouage yes indeed.

If I could only keep one fragrance it would be a hard choice between either Epic or Jubilation XXV, favourite fragrances ever, like being wrapped in the most opulent arming cashmere ever.

Easily my no.1 fragrances of all time - no question.

Nuff said. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Depends on who you are wearing it for ?

Is it you?

Is it for other folk to smell ?

You have to remember long after YOU cannot smell it others probably can, so it'll be a case of spray it and see.

Heat points on your body will also cause the scent to radiate too.

Try as above but perhaps if you want more 'waft' then one in your hair? - just a thought.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Probably a bit late but I have this.

Personally I like it for its smoky mysterious notes, but it's not a strong scent and will only last for few hours

anyone any hands on experience with this CDG?
Heard enough things about it to be seriously interested, but wanted to know if anyone had letdowns regarding sillage / proj.