Fragrance Thread

gimmegimme

ArtekCommeFragrance.jpg

not particularly crazy about cdg parfums myself, but was wondering if anybody else has had the chance to try this out. apparently it smells very woody and is reminiscent of pencil shavings -- which sort of strikes my fancy.

yum. freshly shaved pencilsss.

^^ where can I check that out?

I got a sample from the perfumed court. Not sure where all this sadness and melancholy discussion is coming from, as it smelled to me like carrots or the inside of a cold, raw potato. Don't get me wrong, it was a pleasant scent but it smelled more like a garden fresh salad than dying angels.

dude,

an emphatic THANK YOU to you (and the search function, obviously) for putting this together. my ladyfriend now works at bergdorf goodman (hello, discount) and i was at a complete loss as to what fragrances to consider indulging in. this was money. thanks again. im going to dabble in tom ford and creed, but i also like maison francis which may be worth looking into/mentioning.

Wondering what people think of Molecule 01, CDG 2 Man, and Green Irish Tweed? Im going to sample all of them before I choose a bottle, but I would prefer some input as to which I should try first.

I love the smell of CDG man 2, but the longevity and projection of it is terrible for the price you pay. Even if I overspray, Man 2 only gets me about 4 hours, and my skin isn't that dry.

Green Irish Tweed is just incredible. If you ever had to make a blind buy in your life, this would probably be it. Such a classic scent, reminds me of country clubs and stacks of 100s. Lasts all day, and is amazing all the way through, pretty pricey though; you'd probably be better off just buying samples and decanting them, they run about 4-5 bucks a piece through basenotes.

Anyone have any recommendations for spring/summer scents? I want something with a bergamot note, but don't even know where to begin.

• 3 weeks later...

my rotation is creed aventus, dior homme, ysl l'homme, le labo rose 31, and abercrombie woods. i get a ton of questions/compliments about my fragrances, especially when i wear aventus, but then again i'm 24 and live in an area where most guys are wearing the same axe/polo/d&g shit. don't hate on that abercrombie scent, either. it's a classic for sure, but its kind of hard to find and there are a lot of people selling clones as the genuine fragrance.

i tried out Dzing! really wild scent, when do you wear it?

I just Tried CdG jaisalmer, really like it, but looking for something a bit lighter for spring/summer. Any thoughts on wear to look for a earthy/woody/ summer daytime scent?

Putting Tam dao away for a while.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Iris silver mist smells like satisfaction. Earthy, organic and sophisticated. All the Serge non-exports I have tried have this sophistication that isn't as common in the line in general. They make you feel like a professor. La Myrrhe has the same quality, just plain rich.

MBD's ebay listings are down but she still sells them from her website: http://wearelebas.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

nd.12957.jpg

Did a lengthy "fragrance consultation" at blackbird apothecary and ended up on this.

So happy. Highly recommended vetiver scent. Dry, arid, earthy, a little musky. Complex.

Really gets interesting when your working out. 2 sprays lasts all day.

Edited by EG562

My scent preferences are at, one the one hand, the masculine end for woodsy scents (Diptyque Tamdao and Vetyverio) and on the other hand, the feminine end for really floral scents (Jasmin and Gardenia, mostly white florals, I used to wear Marc Jacobs, which is a great gardenia, actually).

I am ready for a new scent though, any recommendations along those lines?

My scent preferences are at, one the one hand, the masculine end for woodsy scents (Diptyque Tamdao and Vetyverio) and on the other hand, the feminine end for really floral scents (Jasmin and Gardenia, mostly white florals, I used to wear Marc Jacobs, which is a great gardenia, actually).

I am ready for a new scent though, any recommendations along those lines?