Fragrance Thread

gimmegimme

Where can I try visvim in nyc?

I have high hopes for A New Perfume by Comme Des Garcons.

27yb9lt.png

14dln69.png

Comme des Garcons is about to release its latest fragrance and what we know so far about it, is already very impressive. The box of the fragrance, is made of one piece of carton paper, folded in origami style into a beautiful, yet simple, white box.

CdG takes it even further and presents an entirely new bottle design as well for this new perfume, produced of old glass, rejected and un-used by others. The outcome is a very special and organic structure of a bottle, unseen before. All in all a new fragrance product from the Japanese brand and we cannot wait to find out more about it.

The new Rei Kawakubo’s perfume is described as “industrialized flower to go with the glue, an imaginary flower from an unknown civilization.†It opens with an accord of aldehydes and safraleine, a translucent debut of notes that gives a touch of hawthorn and lilac before exploding in a blast of oxidized flowers, industrial glue, packing tape, musk and styrax.

The new perfume will make its retail debut October 2011

I've tried two of them... a taste of heaven is pretty meh but straight to heaven is good, it's a nice boozy rum scent. I'm not sure it's worth the ridiculous price but it's definitely the kind of thing I would use if I had

how are those? i heard that at least one of them is really excellent but the brand kinda puts me off. "perfume as an art" ok buddy

Perfume is an art. :rolleyes:

Most of his offerings are just "ok" though...

Prelude to Love = Mugler Cologne

A Taste of Heaven = Caron Pour Un Homme

Liaisons Dangereuse is good, as is Back to Black.

Liaisons Dangereuse is good, as is Back to Black.

wore back to black today, liked it but not enough to purchase. smokey tobacco and honey, great longevity and projection was good.

reminded me of thierry mugler's pure malt.

gimmes back!!!

word up bitches

wore back to black today, liked it but not enough to purchase. smokey tobacco and honey, great longevity and projection was good.

reminded me of thierry mugler's pure malt.

it's a great scent if you're into that sort of thing...I find it better as a candle personally, but a great tobacco nevertheless.

ps - if anyone's thinking about investing in Kilian, the travel refills are somewhat more affordable.

by my experience the scents I used didn't last longer in comparison to neck or upper chest (the main hair could be another alternative, but therefore I would need a neutral shampoo).

Additional they turned into something pretty disgusting after a few hours (due to I am a chemist I shower every day), especially when I am sweating.

this is no doubt ancient history on here by now, but i watched an episode of the bbc "perfume" series again last night, always fascinating to see the development stages. for those who want to watch and are able. im not sure if it will work if you are in a different region.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b012cnns/Perfume_Bottling_the_Memory/

"Jean Claude Ellena is in-house nose at French brand Hermes. We spend time with him in his studio in the woods, musing, sniffing and then creating a fragrance inspired by a secret garden. American Christopher Brosius is the Proust of perfume, a punk star with a mission to create scents that that can speak to us of times past - whether through the smell of tomato leaves or musty books. Jean Guichard is the principal of the Parisian school for noses. There are more astronauts than there are perfumers - so how does he spot the right stuff in students who may not be aware they have it?"

• 2 weeks later...

I really liked fantastic man.

got a decant of tobacco vanille and damn, that thing has insane sillage. was strong all day. I get a strong honey note (if that's what it is) and it kind of overwhelmed me

It would make a nice roomspray/candle...but I couldn't stomach wearing that all day....like Kilian's Back to Black...just too much, like eating dessert for every meal.