Fragrance Thread

gimmegimme

i just bought a small bottle of givenchy pi

J-beezy approved.

I've had Kyoto and Guerilla 2.

They are decent but I don't think they make girls moist.

That is all

I used to wear Pi, and it's good if you like gourmands. Rochas Man was another favorite, but that's all behind me. I'm not about smelling like dessert anymore.

Looking for a fragrance. Never really been into fragrances before but i would like to know your recommendations.

Looking for an everyday scent.

Well, I'm young, so i want to smell young but not like i go to prep school or something. I want something light, fresh, laidback, relaxed, happy etc etc. but still has this mysterious intensity to it. Jeez what am I talking about. I'm sure you guys have something in mind. oh, and it's better if it's affordable. Thanks you guys

*EDIT*

Oh my jeezus. So i went to the store today and tried on different things. CDG Odeur 53. Iinitially i didnt like the smell on the paper thing but jeez, when i put it on my skin. Magic. I am in love. It smells like nothing else. So interesting and mysterious. I just can't pin it down. Just what im looking for. Waay out of my budget but well worth it. Makes me smile everytime i sniff.

this just came in the mail:

nd.6806.jpg

APOM or A Peace of Me was inspired by

Kurdjian ' s journey to Lebanon. APOM pour

Homme introduces orange blossom , cedar and

amber . APOM Pour Homme is a new

fragrance and it was introduced in 2009. The

nose behind this fragrance is Francis Kurkdjian .

Echo, well it helps that 53 comes in 200ml. but yeah, a little goes a long way. I am obsessed with it. Thinking of getting 3 which also works well on me and fuck, that also smells so good.

APOM hmmm i think its a bit too strong for me, at least on my skin. Thing is, its really strong, you can smell it at the end of the day.

Kind of perfume that makes itself known its there

Very sweet smelling with something very earthy. Almost like rice and herbs cooking.

It's okay i suppose just not my style. Definitely better than the lumiere. His scents are on the 'heavier' side. it almost feels like youre inhaling syrupy air.

Echo, well it helps that 53 comes in 200ml. but yeah, a little goes a long way. I am obsessed with it. Thinking of getting 3 which also works well on me and fuck, that also smells so good.

APOM hmmm i think its a bit too strong for me, at least on my skin. Thing is, its really strong, you can smell it at the end of the day.

Kind of perfume that makes itself known its there

Very sweet smelling with something very earthy. Almost like rice and herbs cooking.

It's okay i suppose just not my style. Definitely better than the lumiere. His scents are on the 'heavier' side. it almost feels like youre inhaling syrupy air.

with APOM a little bit definitely goes a long way, key is not to overdo it from the start and then it's not strong enough to knock someone out haha

The only two scents I use are from Le Labo. One is the Rose31, the other is the Tubereuse scent.

The Tubereuse scent is based on dutch tuberoses(no shit), and it smells amazing. It's the NYC specific scent, and it's well worth stopping in the NYC store just to purchase a small bottle of it.

Apparently all the boutiques carry a city specific scent, and I am curious as to whether other sufuers have tried them out. The Paris scent in particular I am curious about.

On a side note, I met one of the owners of Le Labo back when it opened in NYC. He was not only a remarkably chill guy, he also let me smell a small block of ambergris that they keep in the safe, which smelled...amazing.

Been wearing this for a while now. Formulated in 1872 for white dude skin given that it is English, but works well on my brown skin - it's less sharp on me than when I smell it on white people. Looking to find something different though to alternate with.

IMG_1424.JPG

Been reading up about this old somewhat-unknown scent called Gravel on basenotes , and this wierd website with too many photos

gravelbottle.jpg

Was wondering if any sufu people could chime in on any experience or additional knowledge of it. kinda intriguing.

125 euros at this website

The only two scents I use are from Le Labo. One is the Rose31, the other is the Tubereuse scent.

The Tubereuse scent is based on dutch tuberoses(no shit), and it smells amazing. It's the NYC specific scent, and it's well worth stopping in the NYC store just to purchase a small bottle of it.

Apparently all the boutiques carry a city specific scent, and I am curious as to whether other sufuers have tried them out. The Paris scent in particular I am curious about.

On a side note, I met one of the owners of Le Labo back when it opened in NYC. He was not only a remarkably chill guy, he also let me smell a small block of ambergris that they keep in the safe, which smelled...amazing.

bought my girlfriend the Neroli 36 scent. she loves it

also, is the owner a semi-tall frenchman? i cant remember his name but he definitely helped make valentines day 09 that much better

bought my girlfriend the Neroli 36 scent. she loves it

also, is the owner a semi-tall frenchman? i cant remember his name but he definitely helped make valentines day 09 that much better

haha, that's the guy! I can't quite remember his name either, unfortunately.

If you stop in again I would definitely wait for Bo-Jade to make your perfume. She's got the knack for it. The super cute blonde is okay but I feel like she's definitely just window dressing.

I also really, really want to buy that scent sampler thing, but it's super pricey and I honestly would have no idea what to do with it. Seems like such a sweet idea though.

p.s. I just got an email from lelabo in NYC. apparently they are doing perfume workshops now. I'll copy/paste the info thing:

The level 1 course covers how the inspiration for a fragrance is developed and how harmonious blends are made, through the lens of three le labo fragrances. throughout the course natural and synthetic ingredients from the perfumier's palette are sampled, and their origins, properties, and uses are discussed.

Apparently it's every first monday of the month in NYC, with classes limited to 14 people. whooahhhhh serendipity.

Been wearing this for a while now. Formulated in 1872 for white dude skin given that it is English, but works well on my brown skin - it's less sharp on me than when I smell it on white people. Looking to find something different though to alternate with.

IMG_1424.JPG

ive been using penhaligon's too, but the English Fern. Its really nice sharp in the begining then soft a little bit later (if that makes sense)

• 2 weeks later...
anybody recommend a fragrance for the ladies? i've been looking forever and can't seem to find anything good...looking for something more mild/soft, and i guess you could say flowery? well something just soft & not too pungent

what you described is alot of women fragrances, hard to give you recommendations.

what fragrances do you currently wear or like?

Anybody tested Tom Ford's Grey Vetiver?

its good nice and clean scent that is good for any occasion, its not a dirty root, earthy vetiver but a clean one with hints of citrus and woods.

the notes are

Top: Orange flower, grapefruit, aromatic sage

Middle: Orris, nutmeg, and pimiento

Base: Oakmoss, golden amber woods

anybody have an opinion on Grey Flannel by Geoffrey Beene?

I'm wondering if it's worth trying...

what you described is alot of women fragrances, hard to give you recommendations.

what fragrances do you currently wear or like?

[/color][/left]

right now i've just been wearing some bond no. 9 samples one of my friends gave me...the samples aren't bad, but the smell of rubbing alcohol is a little too much for me...i normally don't wear any fragrances because i can't seem to find anything good :/

ultimate chick magnet fragrance?:o

currently using odeur 53

any mainstream dept. store scent, girls love that shit.

all kidding aside, obviously it depends on skin chemistry one scent on you could smell like ass and on another dude smell great and vice versa.

anybody have an opinion on Grey Flannel by Geoffrey Beene?

I'm wondering if it's worth trying...

yes if you lovvveeeee oakmoss or you are over 40, otherwise you probably won't like it

right now i've just been wearing some bond no. 9 samples one of my friends gave me...the samples aren't bad, but the smell of rubbing alcohol is a little too much for me...i normally don't wear any fragrances because i can't seem to find anything good :/

I'd say just go to a dept. store and try stuff out and get samples of whatever you think you might like.

But from what you described you want I'd say try

Bulgari Pour Femme a good floral thats nice and subtle and not overpowering.

Can try Diptyques Philosykos not a floral but I know plenty of girls and guys who love it.