Your Top 5 RPGs?

notesee

Egpt is right. You're all wasting valuable time you could be browsing the internet, watching tv or sleeping in/going to bed early or other meaningful activities that cooler people do.

notesee- I've never played a phantasy star game but i've heard good things about IV. What would you compare it to? I haven't played an rpg in a year and wanted to get something.

fallen angels- You can always pick up a bunch of ports (FFs, BoFs, etc...) released on the gba. I don't know besides that and pokemon. Rune Factory is supposed to be really good. It's a harvest moon game, but there is monster battling and fighting involved so it's different from the past harvest moons.

notesee- I've never played a phantasy star game but i've heard good things about IV. What would you compare it to? I haven't played an rpg in a year and wanted to get something.

Plot wise, I would say PS IV had some influence upon FF7 .. but other than that, I find it hard to compare it to many games .. personally I really like the science fiction side of the settings and characters.

The battle system is a bit different, because you can mix and match your character's special attacks for combination moves.

I'd say the only game that isn't so good in the series is the 3rd one .. because it was created by a different team than the other games.

I have to agree with everyone else about RPGs as an adult. I can't seem to maintain the momentum with a live in girlfriend, a job that I'm at more than home and the numerous other activities that now consume my life. I miss the good ol' days of being a kid and being able spend all day and half the night playing a good RPG.

For those interested. Still no word on a release date for it.

FFIV DS footage from TGS this past week

DxXYy9mVwTU

W2csxEj16zo

• 2 weeks later...