Your Top 5 RPGs?

notesee

i got halfway through chrono trigger and it was fucking great. but summer got in the way ha. i need to finish that

well, i played it through at least 3 or 4 times before i actually had to stop myself. i finished it in like ~2 weeks each time. this was back in my nerdy-7th-8th grade days, and i was very obsessed with the game (which at that point was a good 10 years old - though it still beats out most RPG's these days)

No specific order:

SMRPG

Secret of Mana

FF3/6us

Dragon Warrior 4 (Get this rom and beat it. Now.)

Chrono Trigger

Honourable mention:

Earthbound

FFTactics (Although it's more strategy.)

Best new poster in ages. DW4 has been on my list forever. I need to just get it over with and download it. Playing roms on my computer bore me though. I'm just way too lazy to go through the whole r4 buying and downloading and modding stuff.

I was a pathetic child. By the time I had put down my CT cartridge, I had at least 25 rainbow swords and whatever the fuck.

For some reason beating the same never bored me... maybe it blew my mind with the multiple ending tip. Fuck a rainbow sword. Ayla was kinda hot.

Yea, i don't know what it is, but i've beaten CT way too many times to count. It sucked getting near the end for one of the endings, only to learn i went just a bit too far and had to do it over again.

Your first time around at least, prism dress or 3 prism helms?

My first run through i was an idiot and could save Lara. I kept entering the combo in at the wrong time and she got paralyzed :(

For serious. Slurp kiss + luminare/confuse is all you ever need.

My name is Gato, I have metal joints. Beat me up and earn 15 silver points

1. FF6 (all about Shadow's dog and Kefka's faggotry)

2. FFT (ODing on chaos swords)

3. FF7/FF8 (beating emerald and ruby..and omega, utter amazement seeing knights of the round first few times..then getting irritated cuz the damn summon took too long, card game)

4. Icewind Dale series, Baldur's Gate series, d&d in general

5. Castlevania SOTN (Alucard being the steezyest, Alucard shield + shield rod)

6. Pokemon Blue Version! Fukwitchaboi (Dugtrio was my main bitch).

1. final fantasy tactics (likely the most hours i've put on game. it maxed up the hours.)

2. secret of mana (seiken densetsu 2)

3. final fantasy v

4. digital devil story ii (shin-megami tensei ii)

5. romancing saga iii

(6. hervest moon)

are you guys excited about final fantasy tactics A-2? hehe.

I like to see this thread going strong .. anyone play Eternal Sonata yet? I think that'll be a good game, based on the demo.

Seriously, someone has to tell me how this is. I'm almost considering buying a xbox360 and this would end up being the main reason. Looks like it would be a shoe in for my favorite game since DQVIII. Plus, i'm always a fan of a game with great artwork and music. Plus, the story/gameplay is supposed to be good.

Seriously, someone has to tell me how this is. I'm almost considering buying a xbox360 and this would end up being the main reason. Looks like it would be a shoe in for my favorite game since DQVIII. Plus, i'm always a fan of a game with great artwork and music. Plus, the story/gameplay is supposed to be good.

Even though I don't have a 360 .. I might buy this game anyway, and play it on my roommate's system.

1. Final Fantasy Tactics (Strategy RPG)

2. Xenogears/Chrono Trigger (tie)

3. Vagrant Story

4. FF XI

5. FF VI

P.S.

Honorable mention Castlevania SoTN (adventure w/RPG elements)

My friend swore the Crisagram sword was the best equip for Alucard, but I tried to explain to him Shield Rod + Alucard shield was far better (you were fuckin' invincible!)

I tried it but never really got into it. I got about 5-6 hours and just wasn't feeling it. The battle system is kinda cool but i didn't enjoy it that much.

Skies of Arcadia:Legends on the GC is pretty decent. The battle system, while different, isn't amazing or anything. The story is above average and the graphics are pretty good. I didn't feel much of a connection with the characters though. I did play a bunch of the game (probably 25 hours) and eventually just stopped. Yea, unfortunately i do that with too many games.

thats the thing with rpg's... they're so long and take so much time, and if you stop playing for a period of time, its f*ckin hard to get back into it, like the momentum isnt there anymore. i hate that... that happened to me for FF12 on the PS2, im disappointed in myself for not finishing it... it haunts me in the back of my mind.

^Tales of Symphonia was great. Nice change of pace for me from the typical RPG battle system, decent...if cliched story, good graphics...but I never finished it either.

Was on a roll momentum wise as you said, then I was reading some shit on gamefaqs, and realized I passed an area where I could forge the ulimate uber swords/weaps in the game, so reverted 4-5 hours back in gameplay...but shit came up, lost the momentum, and haven't touched it since.

Same shit's happened with FF X-2, Suikoden 3, any ROTK's, Disgaea, the list goes on...and on...

A problem with a lot of games is having a drastic jump in difficulty from story to the last section or two before the end. You know the type. Where you have to do a shit load of level building or gathering pointless things to make sure you even have a prayer against the last boss. It's not even stoppage of play that kills my gaming momentum but this. Pacing/difficulty progression problems have killed a lot of rpgs for me including a couple final fantasy games. I wish they'd just make the middle part of the game more difficult instead of waiting to jack it up at the end. I don't mind grinding throughout the game but not when it's nice and flowing until the end.

sometimes i dress up like michael myres and make my girl wear a nurse's uniform before we fuck. i pretend to kill her and she feigns dying. she's good at twitching and shit. her deathrattle is getting good too. sometimes if i'm mad bored i make her take a bath in cold water/freezing shower. she gets so cold/clammy that it makes it easier for me to imagine humping a dead body.

yeah... momentum is key in finishing a RPG... now i realize i really only had time to play these during elementary school through the first half of college. after college i havent been able to finish a full rpg because of work schedule and whatever... im not in front of a tv enough anymore.

which leads to the next question,

what are the best rpg's on the nintendo ds? because now portabililty has a huge advantage.

after college i havent been able to finish a full rpg because of work schedule and whatever... im not in front of a tv enough anymore.

Same here .. I can't even finish one while in college .. only time seems to be during my December break .. weather is too nice to be in during the summer.

Last game I played through most of is Phantasy Star IV. I'm up to the very end, just have a couple more battles to go and I'm done .. just forget where exactly I am in the game and where I have to go .. so the FAQ's aren't much help.

I tried to start up a new game in Chrono Trigger over the summer .. got like 10 hours into it and just got busy with other stuff.