Your Top 5 RPGs?

notesee

It was re released as Front Mission First for the PSX, I think in Japan only. But is about to be re released under the same title for Nintendo DS.

ahh word.

the psx one i was refering to is front mission 3.

it takes place ten years after front mission 2.

super deep, long, a little complex (but easier than the other front missions from what people say), but the story is dope, at least from what i remember. I also remember throwing my controller across the room several times playing this...

fm3-10.jpg

"All of your standard weapons (machine guns, shotguns, etc) now have range, which drastically lessens all of the close quarters combat. Skills are now obtained by equipping certain mech parts (similar to Final Fantasy 9), and multiple skills can be triggered during a single attack, occasionally allowing you to utterly decimate an enemy if luck is on your side. You can now distribute AP to increases your accuracy or evasion, or fine tune your armor against the three types of attacks (flame, impact, or penetration.) The internet features from FM2 has been greatly expanded upon, offering World Wide Web-style pages for all of the major organizations in the game, lending to incredible amounts of depth in the game's storyline."

The original Front Mission doesn't let you distribute AP points, have three different types of attacks (flame, impact, and penetration), or have any of that internet stuff.

Sounds like some dope additions. I'd like to check it out, but chances are I'll never be able to because I already have stacks of games I'd like to play through ..

1. FF7

2. FF6

3. FF:T

4. Earthbound

5. CT

Another Squaresoft fan here... Once I get a DS I'll definitely scoop up all the FFs, heh.

Haven't beaten Xenogears, but it'd be on there from as much as I played.

So many games I haven't played or beaten. I really want to get my hands on Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn and tons of older games.

I own FF3 for snes the week it came out but i still bought FF6 Advance for DS/GBA just so i could play it portably. I've been enjoying it. I'm not gonna lie and say i'm not gonna get pokemon when it comes out in 2 weeks. When you get past all the 12 year olds, tv shows and the whole phenomenon, it's an entertaining game.

I hear you Double D. Even though i liked other rpgs better, i still became obsessed for the first few weeks until i took a week long break, and then finished the game off. I did all but about 4-5 of the hunts. I just didn't find it worth the trouble towards the end and i was having less fun doing them. I wish the difficulty level of storyline game was a bit higher though. One of the hunt monsters you can only beat by hitting a few rounds, running away to heal, and then going back to fight. Kinda lame in my opinion. It was all still a great use of my 90ish hours.

That's a problem that blights all FF games that the story mode is too easy. Generally, with the exception of FFXII I've always blasted straight through the story mode rather than doing the extra stuff, makes the game a hell of a lot more fun. Especially FFVII, which the end of would have been totally ruined if you'd done the Battle Arena and gotten Omnislash before the very end.

It's hard to say if it makes me miss the day of level/money grinding like in the original final fantasy. The original and pretty much all the dragon quest series requires you to grind for levels and money if you want to move on as there was a dramatic increase in monster strength and item prices. I don't think i ever had to fight for extra money in a final fantasy game since the first.

fallout series

anachronox

arcanum

planescape: torment

baldur's gate 1 and 2

fuck top 5, there are too many!

quest for glory

asheron's call

redguard (not really an rpg i guess)

betrayal at krondor

daggerfall

gothic

• 4 weeks later...

Final Mother Fucking Fantasy Fuckin Tactics.

Then FF7. Im installing MAME to play all these games at work as I type.

Started a new game in Chrono Trigger today, on my re release of it for PSX.

Any of you guys playing through any good RPG's right now?

i've really been meaning to continue playing FF12 because i got like 20 hrs in and then i stopped... but i can never find the f*ckin time to get back into it! dammit.. :(

i've really been meaning to continue playing FF12 because i got like 20 hrs in and then i stopped... but i can never find the f*ckin time to get back into it! dammit.. :(

Sucks, I know that goes. I have mad games that I got deep into and never finished. I feel like I can't buy any new games until I finish the ones that I have already.

Started a new game in Chrono Trigger today, on my re release of it for PSX.

oh shit. i never got a chance to play that version. i just watch all the cut scenes on youtube. its pretty dope. i never realized that chrono never talked throughout the game until i got this secret ending where he talked. chrono trigger has at least 8 different endings? correct me if i'm wrong.

oh shit. i never got a chance to play that version. i just watch all the cut scenes on youtube. its pretty dope. i never realized that chrono never talked throughout the game until i got this secret ending where he talked. chrono trigger has at least 8 different endings? correct me if i'm wrong.

Yeah, I haven't played through all the endings myself but I know there's 12 different ones.

• 4 weeks later...

1.elder scrolls 3: morrowind (best game ever!)

2.final fantasy 8 (lol, best game ever!)

3.the legend of zelda-pretty much all of em (fav's-link to the past, link's awakening, ocarina of time)

4.dialbo 2 is addicting playing w/ buddies

5.mario rpg (greatest nintendo rpg possibly) + theres super mario 64 and paper too.

i played fft on gba... and i was heavily disappointed.

really, that game was designed for little kids who haven't been toilet trained - the storyline was poor...

but i suppose the psychology involved was at least decent (little boy doesn't want to go home, goes psycho... some girl gets red hair... some guy gets a boner.)

i played fft on gba... and i was heavily disappointed.

really, that game was designed for little kids who haven't been toilet trained - the storyline was poor...

but i suppose the psychology involved was at least decent (little boy doesn't want to go home, goes psycho... some girl gets red hair... some guy gets a boner.)

yeah... the gba of fft is a let down. i think they get sucked into a storybook? i dont remember. i just remember turning that shit off before the first level started.

• 2 months later...

Final Fantasy fans,

i was super delighted to see this tee at Uniqlo NY, a collabo with Yoshitaka Amano, the artist behind the classic artwork from the Final Fantasy series. i think he has done collabos with uniqlo before but this is the first i've seen with a FF-esque print. i dont know how long it's been out but hurry to uniqlo if you want to get one. This shirt is sick!

1317990833_a664501c6a.jpg

1330778150_1491bf0747.jpg

1330778142_48a0d61f8b_m.jpg

Final Fantasy fans,

i was super delighted to see this tee at Uniqlo NY, a collabo with Yoshitaka Amano, the artist who mesmerized us with the classic artwork from the Final Fantasy series. i think he has done collabos with uniqlo before but this is the first i've seen with a FF-esque print. i dont know how long it's been out but hurry to uniqlo if you want to get one. This shirt is sick!

1317990833_a664501c6a.jpg

That shit is pretty sick. Wish I lived in NYC or JP or wherever there's a damn uniqlo so I could scoop one up :(