Your Top 5 RPGs?

notesee

ZOMG! no one mentioned wow? best mmorpg evar! i pwn nubs. for the horde!!!!!!!111111

Seriously though, I quit playing World of Warcraft. That game told hold of my life and soul for a good year and a half. I have 100+ days played on my old account. I hate WoW.

Anyway, here's my list, in no particular order:

1. FF7

2. Chrono Trigger

3. FF12 (recent, I know, but I really like this one)

4. FF Tactics

5. FF6

I'm a Square Enix (SquareSoft) fan boy. So what?

personally i classify deus ex and system shock 2 as a different genre than say, the final fantasy series or even pc rpgs like baldurs gate/fallout. those were more of the first person action rpg. speaking of which, anyone else excited about bioshock? i would kill for a system shock 3 (that part where you find the dead person youve been talking to the entire game in system shock 2 was crazy) but bioshock looks pretty sweet too.

ZOMG! no one mentioned wow? best mmorpg evar! i pwn nubs. for the horde!!!!!!!111111

Seriously though, I quit playing World of Warcraft. That game told hold of my life and soul for a good year and a half. I have 100+ days played on my old account. I hate WoW.

Anyway, here's my list, in no particular order:

1. FF7

2. Chrono Trigger

3. FF12 (recent, I know, but I really like this one)

4. FF Tactics

5. FF6

I'm a Square Enix (SquareSoft) fan boy. So what?

i said "World of..." in my list

i dont think i had 100 days, but i did have 2 level 60s, MMOs are a disease, i am glad that i am cured

Me too. Oh Eva...

I didn't mention it because the first was dope but it was a shit excuse for a RPG. The second one... wow.

I thought the FMV sequences were super crazy though with the super gross transformations.

FUCKIN youtube tag not showing up...

watch kefka:

Man when I was a kid I used to dream about FF6 and Chrono Trigger because the story was so damn engrossing. It made me sad and angry and run around doing ninja moves all excited from getting a rainbow sword or ultima weapon whatnot. They were romantic in a kid way too... it was great. I still listen to chrono trigger symphonic music and get misty eyed nowadays.

All the newer games that I've seen lately are awesome too, Bioshock in particular. But my foray into PC roleplaying such as Neverwinter nights have just turned me off to RPGing because I found out that I get way too into powergaming and D&D mathematical shit and that's unhealthy for my skin tone and love life.

I would still love to have another nerd-fest about these games though next time we all meet. Sidneylo, diamonds and fallen angels in particular need to start rockin some hot-guys-play-SNES-RPG's shirts.

Yeah, I was like that when I was playing through FF6 for the first time. When I wasn't playing it, the storyline would just be stuck in my head. Ah, to have all the free time in the world again.

I remember during the summer, I used to wake up and play that game. I think I'm gonna have to play through it after I finish Front Mission and Lufia 2 again.

seems like most don't, but I realllllly liked FF8

I know purists were miffed that the characters were human size & whatnot (and squall is a puss), but the story was wow & had some of the illest enviroments. I just recently started playing through it again...

and what about Vagrant Story ?????

that came brought so many fresh ideas to the table.

seems like most don't, but I realllllly liked FF8

I know purists were miffed that the characters were human size & whatnot (and squall is a puss), but the story was wow & had some of the illest enviroments. I just recently started playing through it again...

i loved FF8. it's my fav FF on the PS but most fans dont think this way. i personally liked FF8 this much because of the way the game really revolved around the relationship between two people (which was never done by past FF games i played) without the game just being about "a love story"- like an underlying premise that was always there but never the center of attention except for select key scenes (yeah it struck the hidden romantic nerve in me). in fact, the way Squall kept his thoughts to himself and his introverted/reserved (and extremely loyal) demeanor really influenced me, he was the opposite of how i was at the time and playing as him actually made me want to be like him. kinda silly but i admit its true.

ps. Faye Wong's participation in this game's soundtrack really knocked the ball out of the stadium for me. she's responsible for my passion for chinese music.

i loved FF8. it's my fav FF on the PS but most fans dont think this way. i personally liked FF8 this much because of the way the game really revolved around the relationship between two people (which was never done by past FF games i played) without the game just being about "a love story"- like an underlying premise that was always there but never the center of attention except for select key scenes (yeah it struck the hidden romantic nerve in me). in fact, the way Squall kept his thoughts to himself and his introverted/reserved (and extremely loyal) demeanor really influenced me, he was the opposite of how i was at the time and playing as him actually made me want to be like him. kinda silly but i admit its true.

ps. Faye Wong's participation in this game's soundtrack really knocked the ball out of the stadium for me. she's responsible for my passion for chinese music.

Not many people liked FF8 because it went away from the SD(super deformed) characters. I enjoyed it as well.

I just got a translated version of Square's Front Mission (Originally only on Super Famicom), and have been fiending on it the past couple of weeks. Great game.

what Front Mission are you talking about-- is it the same one as playstation?

I have Front Mission for PSX, I logged like 60 hours in that shit (the game is like 120+) and my memory card deleted my save... I had my mech's all tricked out n shit, agh.

Same fucking thing happened to me in Xenogears, which was fucking ill I might ad.

Can anybody point me in the direction of some Xenogears BIOS for the EPSXE emulator? I realllllly want to play this shit again.

and damn thanks to this thread I'm five hours into FFIII/VI.:D

I have Front Mission for PSX, I logged like 60 hours in that shit (the game is like 120+) and my memory card deleted my save... I had my mech's all tricked out n shit, agh.

i remember playing front mission: gun hazard and it played like cybernator for snes. played it half way through and never finished it. what sucks about roms is you will have game add.

Same fucking thing happened to me in Xenogears, which was fucking ill I might ad.

Can anybody point me in the direction of some Xenogears BIOS for the EPSXE emulator? I realllllly want to play this shit again.

and damn thanks to this thread I'm five hours into FFIII/VI.:D

Here's a screenshot of the Front Mission I'm talking about .. it's the first game in the series ..

frontmission.png

and the game's cover ..

Fmsfc.jpg

It was re released as Front Mission First for the PSX, I think in Japan only. But is about to be re released under the same title for Nintendo DS.

And, I should still have a link to Xenogears. Lemme try to dig it up for you. I've been having problems burning it because I'm on a Mac, but maybe you'll have better luck with it.

what sucks about roms is you will have game add.

Shit, that always happens to me. I'll be playing through a game, as soon as I get the least bit bored or frustrated, I'll browse the internet or listen to music and totally forget about the game .. it's bad news.