Sign in to follow this  
Aotearoa

BEST DENIM In LONDON? =====> Inside.

Hello all!

Can you please let me know some of the best denim spots in London as per your opinion. I will be in London sometime next week and am looking to make some purchases. Am wanting ideas on places stocking pre-washed denim (examples below) as I already have in mind some raw denim tha I would like. Please take into consideration the following information :

I like a slim straight fit and also a slightly (just slightly) looser fit for more casual wear (maybe even a slightyl looser fit, slightly tapered on the opening of the leg) as I don't like my jeans to fall over my shoes and cover them up. As for washes, PDC make some very nice pre-washed denim however I do not like their fits - I am not a fan of bootcut or flared denim.

The following photos are of pre-washed denim that I like the look of. icon_smile.gif

5bo08o

5bo0h1

5bo0ih

Any help from fellow members would be very much appreciated!

Selfridges, Oxford St, has most of the designer labels, probably including PDC, Evisu etc etc and is probably the best place for modern-ish labels with a lot of choice re washes. On Endell St, Covent Garden, you'll find American Classics (LVC, Lee Japan and more ) and Interstate (Edwin, much more), Duffer just round the corner, as is Replay (generic design, but good washes) plus more stores nearby.

Selfridges and Liberty. Between those two stores you should find something. Vast amounts of washed denim.

ringring with your extensive knowledge, could you reccomend any labels with that fit and type of wash...?

There's so many brands that do those shades of wash, it's probably just best to venture into one of those dept stores and grab what your like the look of, and head for the changing room.

PDC, Loomstate, Goldschmied, Ernest Sewn, Chip & Pepper, Guess Premium, Diesel, Nudie, Seal Kay....plus a lot more. Have fun.

Edited by ringring on May 23, 2005 at 12:05 AM

Thankyou again ringring. But I mean a label that does these washes with the specific fit I am looking for. As I mentioned in my first post I like these washes from PDC but they never seem to have the fits I like, they always seem to have bootcut fits etc. which I do not like!

i was in selfridges this weekend - i can't think of one label that hasn't been mentioned here that i didn't see. except perhaps apc (maybe they did, not sure) which liberty stock.

Quote:

Thankyou again ringring. But I mean a label that does these washes with the specific fit I am looking for. As I mentioned in my first post I like these washes from PDC but they never seem to have the fits I like, they always seem to have bootcut fits etc. which I do not like!

--- Original message by Aotearoa on May 23, 2005 03:22 AM

I know what you mean, but it's hard to recommend a fit. I depends a lot on the individual. Also some bootcuts are almost straight-leg (eg Nudie RRs, 5EP bootcuts). So best to browse through a bunch and try them out IMO.