mike lowrey

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy Fuckin Sack Lunch!!!

UNDERACHIEVERS

I'm not gonna lie. I grew up TV-less, so I only saw this shit a month ago courtesy of my new roomate who is a south jersey skater who used to go to Philly all the time. That said, this video summed up what it was to skate out east then,plus the Quim Cardona freestyle...? Priceless.

Good one Cheap...+ Rep if I can.

underachivers was my bible man...

to those obnoxious, sumthin sumthin, speakin nonsense

my self fact is opposite the lack of conscious

publicly perposterous that make me prosperous

hip hop puts a stop to gossipness

noone is toppin this

so check it

tonights the night im droppin bombs like a commie

next to flip the text complex like an origami

you cant kill me im a zombie

wild styles like dondi

im way out in the yonder

i watch my words wander as i ponder on the edge

proper grammar is propaganda we must spread

you better use your head before you use your third leg

i see your hungry ass beg

so i let your greedy ass starve

cultures like a sculpture for an artist to carve...

made me want to move to philly, and made me stop buying cali skate companies shit till all the east coast companies folded.

Guest StuckOnStupid

okay i dont either, all i remember is that fuckin beatbox and the lines "he's always happy, he's got a grin/have you seen him, hes Animal Chi-chi-chi-CHIN", and "if we don't find him, that's okay/cause we had a rad time ANYWAY".

that last line was delivered in a vaguely Melly-Mel cadence.

Guest StuckOnStupid

omg you havent?

jesus man its just...insane.

and a little homoerotic.

and they are ALL wearing helmets and full pads, if memory serves me.

also i think mullen is in there pogo-ing away...its a full on bones brigade assault. there's a full story line and they err..."act", i guess?

i dunno how far back you go, but i think the next major Powell Peralta video was "public domain" and its like fucking light years ahead from animal chin...

Guest StuckOnStupid

sorry i just derailed this thread. ok umm lemme see, 1993 i liked the musical stylings of the wu-tang, onyx, and dr. dre.i had a single gold tooth that clipped on and wore clothing emblazoned with the logo of the phillies blunt cigar. i tried lsd for the first, but sadly not the last time, and smoked tons of hash, i had my own apartment and dropped out of high school.

there.

man fuck 1993 that was the year my life took a turn for the worst. thanks, rap.

Guest StuckOnStupid
i didnt watch videos till... 93 or 94. i was also never a powell fan.

honestly, i dont really care too much about the 80s as far as skating goes unless its gonz.

b-but...its AWESOME...there's this scene in AC when they are all like, laying on a motel bed with their shirts off...i shit you not...practicing backside airs....cabalerro is like "you gotta push...with your arms"

ohhhkayyyyyyyy

i didnt watch videos till... 93 or 94. i was also never a powell fan.

i dont skate but 1994 i bought my first and last skateboard video - Second hand smoke. It has a very good soundtrack. The Jeremy Wray part was my favourite. I watched it many times. Someone borrowed it years ago. I dont know who. This is Asperger syndrome in text form.

If you have it, please upload the JW part on youtube. Thank you.

oh damn how could I forget blackstar, had problems thinking of anything superb in 98 but thats certainly one of the tops.

99:

B00001XDNV.01._SCTZZZZZZZ_.jpg

continuing with the 'oh so wack rawkus' :rolleyes:

too bad they released a few of the dopest rap albums in years

how old were you in '98 again? seven? eight, tops?

yeah... i was wondering about that, but didnt want to say anything at the time. i guess westie isnt old enough to remember when rawkus was indie.

and blackstar was one of my favorite hiphop albums ever... mos and kweli need to get back together because they have been weak as fuck since, not counting mathamatics on BOBS

how old were you in '98 again? seven? eight, tops?

i think the young folk have been told so many times that Mos Def and Kweli are "sellouts" that they'll never realize there was a time when they weren't mainstream. granted, they both got a lot worse once they split, and who knows what direction Mos Def is going now, but Blackstar, shit, i'm not sure how anyone could honestly say that was "boring", especially when it came out...

I dont think any of them got worse, in fact I think Talib got better. Mos however, got hollywood, and lazy as fuck.

you have to remember mos was an actor before he was an mc... he was acting at 14... which is even before the DCQ days...

Yeah I know he was an actor first, but he was doing both during Black On Both Sides and Black Star.

Anywaaaaaaaaaaaaayz 1999:

question_lg.jpg