mike lowrey

I dont think any of them got worse, in fact I think Talib got better. Mos however, got hollywood, and lazy as fuck.

you're probably right (although i still feel Kweli was at his best with Mos), i was directing the comment more towards teenagers hating on a GREAT hip hop album because of it's current connotations, even though they weren't old enough to own cd players when it came out.

back to '98:

Aquemini.jpg

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah... i was wondering about that, but didnt want to say anything at the time. i guess westie isnt old enough to remember when rawkus was indie.

and blackstar was one of my favorite hiphop albums ever... mos and kweli need to get back together because they have been weak as fuck since, not counting mathamatics on BOBS

agreed. blackstar is one of my faves.

I dont think any of them got worse, in fact I think Talib got better.

I agree here too, though. reflection eternal might even top blackstar in my book, such a complete album to me. so was black on both sides, so I cant say they got worse, but after those it has gone slightly down hill. haven't liked mos' experimental stuff and even though I liked Quality, it wasn't up to par with the others.

----->

B00004S51H.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

how old were you in '98 again? seven? eight, tops?

believe it or not i was rather aware of things by '98. i admit that i only started listening to rawkus releases in 2000, but even then i was underwhelmed. i think it comes from my hate of "politically conscious" and "socially conscious" rap. maybe rawkus was underground and cool then, but it's been exposed like milli vanilli. fuck murdoch.

believe it or not i was rather aware of things by '98. i admit that i only started listening to rawkus releases in 2000, but even then i was underwhelmed. i think it comes from my hate of "politically conscious" and "socially conscious" rap. maybe rawkus was underground and cool then, but it's been exposed like milli vanilli. fuck murdoch.

but you didn't answer my question. :cool: