Guest dontcaretoomuchforcrap

hat megathread

what is the style of the first two called? ive been getting into hats with small upturned brims that are easy to wear casually.

ok, so my head isn't as small as I thought. I found a nice fitted in a 7, but it seems too tight. However the salesperson at Lids did tell me it would shrink because the wool in it.

Will the fitteds stretch out over time like raw denim, or continue to shrink because of the wool?

Thankssss

Is there a certain type of hat/cap that you prefer? I am mostly a typical fitted ballcap guy myself. Also, do you feel that the presence of a hat or cap generally adds or takes away from a look?

I like the fitteds (59fifty) too, I don't rock it straight brim I like a slight curve. I have a couple of Kangol baseball hats they're pretty cool. I want to pick up a polo hat soon.

Only wear hats at appropriate times.. (hanging out)

There used to be a time when 5-panels were lower-profile caps, as they should be. Long before every douche-canoe wore Supreme caps, their caps had great silhouettes, you could pull them down low and they didn't come all the way down over your fucking ears. Look if you have a massive dome, then perhaps that's your thing. I am of average head size a 7 in fitted caps. These days every 5-panel i try on is super deep, to the point I feel like a 15 year old. Which brings me to the point. Is there anyone making a cool, more low-profile 5-panel, preferably with minimal branding? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Cheers.

i always thought 5 panels have generally been regarded as shallow if anything. i have a huge fucking dome (like 7 7/8 almost) and can only wear them high on my head and tilted up, but du's i know with average sizes (7 1/4 or whatever) still used to always complain that they were shallow, even shit with shit like polo long bills. i wear a norse project 5 panel on the reg but again i can't wear it 'normally' if that makes sense.

im 7 5/8 and i can only wear 5 panels tilted up too. they're super shallow

nice to know im 7 1/2 and there are others with bigger heads (pause).

need to create a bigger than average head support thread like the short people did.

I don't know, the last couple Supreme caps I bought, I found to be much deeper than they'd been in the past, circa 2005. Perhaps it depends on the fabric? I don't know, I just don't find them to be shallow at all. I was thinking of picking up one of the ONLY waxed 5-panels. :unsure:

nice to know im 7 1/2 and there are others with bigger heads (pause).

need to create a bigger than average head support thread like the short people did.

7 1/2 is an average dome, its the best selling new era size.

I don't know, the last couple Supreme caps I bought, I found to be much deeper than they'd been in the past, circa 2005.

You're right, they are much deeper (better for me now) than they were pre 2006.

7 1/2 is an average dome, its the best selling new era size.

i feel better already. no need for a thread. sorry to the rest of you big-dommed mfukers.

i have a few 5 panels from huf, which i think has enough depth and shallowness, im not sure about my dome size, but a few years back i used to buy 7 3/8 new eras

Next level! Independent brand RMK Clothing hits you with perforated Suede Snapback fused with traditional wool cotton back panels. Who said you can't have a premium fabric snapback?

Saw it on Karmaloop & immediately thought about that Steve Jobs quote "Simplicity is the highest sophistication."

Looks like you can only cop them on Kazbag. Anyone know any stores in NY to cop RMK at?

546910_613828045310373_2009566202_n.jpg

71720_610027555690422_963323389_n.jpg