Guest dontcaretoomuchforcrap

yeah those are both tribbly hats, fedoras actually have longer brims. bowler hats only look good on british men and certain girls, american men cant pull them off imho.

you can get cheap ones from gap, target, h&m, etc, more expensive from stetson. google fedora or tribbly hat.

but heres a question:

Where can i get a leather tribbly hat, like the ones the specials wore in the music videos???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmbcOpPvQGk&feature=related

If you're looking for really nice, great quality hats, check Lock & Co Hatters. They're in London, and they're really the best I've seen by far. But of course it comes with a price.

That hat looks like a version of the Pork Pie..... but why the fuck would you want a hat with leopard trim, you'd look like a 70/80's pimp.

- Ben

explanation would be nice.

unfortunately, it appears they deleted the epic argument about it on men.style.com.

in a nutshell:

shoddy construction:

-glued liners

-cheap leather used in sweatbands (and cloth sweatbands on $600 panamas?)

-bad tapering in the rain

-poor dying process

-sub par material (their "flagship" 100% beaver hat is extremely mediocre)

overpriced:

-other mass marketed hats from labels such as akubra or selentino offer better material and construction for literally 1/3 or less the price.

-what you pay for a mid-range borsalino already puts you in the custom hat price tier.

yes, it's true vintage borsalinos and stetsons can be a decent buy, as they were made better decades ago and will be pretty cheap, but you must take into account that vintage felt is inferior (although some disagree).

unfortunately, it appears they deleted the epic argument about it on men.style.com.

in a nutshell:

shoddy construction:

-glued liners

-cheap leather used in sweatbands (and cloth sweatbands on $600 panamas?)

-bad tapering in the rain

-poor dying process

-sub par material (their "flagship" 100% beaver hat is extremely mediocre)

overpriced:

-other mass marketed hats from labels such as akubra or selentino offer better material and construction for literally 1/3 or less the price.

-what you pay for a mid-range borsalino already puts you in the custom hat price tier.

yes, it's true vintage borsalinos and stetsons can be a decent buy, as they were made better decades ago and will be pretty cheap, but you must take into account that vintage felt is inferior (although some disagree).

mmmmm. interesting. i read the exact opposite in terms of quality. ive never actually handled them in real life however. thanks for the warning, i was about to pull the trigger on one.

what brands do you suggest?

mmmmm. interesting. i read the exact opposite in terms of quality. ive never actually handled them in real life however. thanks for the warning, i was about to pull the trigger on one.

what brands do you suggest?

how much are you looking to spend?

i would suggest talking to these two hatters to see which one suits your needs the best. at that price range, you may as well have a custom fedora made.

art fawcett (http://www.vintagesilhouettes.com/)

charlie swindall ([email protected])

i personally went with charlie and don't have any hats from art, but i've heard nothing but good things about him. art would be the more affordable of the two.

nov24021copy.jpg

i got this hat from hinoya in shibuya for $40 the construction seams good for the price much better than anything i've seen at h&m or topshop or any other brand in the same price range. the brand is grace hats. sorry thats the only pic i've got of it right now