coffee anyone?

xcoldricex

i had never drank coffee until starting school ...

i have two drawing classes this quarter, so i frequent coffee shops in the city to get my buzz on and knock out some work....

but last time i went i drank something like 96 ounces of coffee in a couple hours and OD'd on caffiene, causing me to be fucked up for a few days, including muscle aches, chest pain, and cold sweats, lol

so ever since then ive laid off the coffee :(

word to the wise, dont binge drink coffee for multiple hours, its not very beneficial to your health

lavazza red or blue pack.

or if one is feeling very flash- jamaican mountain beans! lush & sexy coffee

creamy!

I've been a coffee geek for quite a few years now - got a Gaggia Classic machine and a Solis Maestro grinder. The key really is having a grinder.. if you have a good machine and no grinder you can't possibly make great coffee. I really underestimated this until I bought my own a few years back.

Sydney is fantastic for coffee (Campos in Newtown being the best) but London really struggles - Monmouth is one of the only places I've found that serves great coffee and has a good selection of fresh beans.

The coffee you buy in supermarkets is so old and stale that it isn't worth buying - get fresh beans from a local grinder if you can and it will make a huge difference although it doesn't make as much difference with a plunger/french press as it does with an espresso machine.

I've noticed you can make quite a good french press, even with coffee that isn't too good, as long as you keep it warm beforehand and use water that is just off the boil (92-93 degrees so that it doesn't burn the coffee).

Great espresso + piece of dark chocolate = :D

• 1 year later...

^^

I wish I had an espresso machine (like, a decent one + grinder) at home. Not sure of any cafe that has Black Cat right now.. and I can't brew it at home so :(

Anyone know how stumptown's coffee compares to others like Intelligentsia/Verve/etc? I've heard a lot of good things bout it and just realized that a couple of cafés here brew it and I'm not sure whether I should run there now or just go when I'm in the area.

^^

I wish I had an espresso machine (like, a decent one + grinder) at home. Not sure of any cafe that has Black Cat right now.. and I can't brew it at home so :(

Anyone know how stumptown's coffee compares to others like Intelligentsia/Verve/etc? I've heard a lot of good things bout it and just realized that a couple of cafés here brew it and I'm not sure whether I should run there now or just go when I'm in the area.

stumptown is pretty popular now, havent tried it yet

Cafe La Semeuse is pretty good

• 3 weeks later...

sydney has some great coffee. second only to melbourne (in australia at least). i've been drinking a locally roasted bean at my favourite little cafe round the corner. can't get by on less than three cups a day.

had to give up coffee for a week as part of a study to determine if people can differentiate decaf from caffeinated. for a whole week i had to drink this mystery coffee, i had a headache after the second day for the remainder of the week. decaf fo sho.

Every morning at 8am i have a starbucks coffee. Usually a grande redeye. Purely utilitarian though. This nice independent organic bakery/coffee place closed down over winter break :(