Julian Red denim

apu

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry if this has been addressed already; I looked around a bit:

How does the fit on the Gray Gardens compare to that of the Black Bullets? I wear a 28 in the latter and they fit perfectly.

I'm really hoping a 30 in the Gray Gardens will work...

nope, they are going to be quite big on you. i tried the same thing with the same sizes and had to sell them here. The fit of the grey gardens is not as slim from the waist down as the black bullets.

The waist is smallish but the thigh and legs seem more straight leg. Here are the measurements i took for a size 30,

True Measurements,

14.8" across waist, maybe 15" if pulled tight

33" inseam

10.9" thigh

6.5" leg hem

posted on a website,

tag 30"= Waist 78cm Length 86cm Foot Width 17cm,

nope, they are going to be quite big on you. i tried the same thing with the same sizes and had to sell them here. The fit of the grey gardens is not as slim from the waist down as the black bullets.

The waist is smallish but the thigh and legs seem more straight leg. Here are the measurements i took for a size 30,

True Measurements,

14.8" across waist, maybe 15" if pulled tight

33" inseam

10.9" thigh

6.5" leg hem

posted on a website,

tag 30"= Waist 78cm Length 86cm Foot Width 17cm,

Thank you for the measurements and I am really glad that grey garden is not that slim :D

yea my hobokens are ridiculously goofy short i can barely wear them. i love them but they are fucking midget pants

what hobokens do you have and where they 34" length? The only ones I have tried so far that seem short were the grey gardens. I just sent back a pair of hoboken ashphalt sz 29x34 because they ran big and were not that slim on me and I only can get a 28 in 32 length. I am hoping the length is ok with the 28x32, the pair of 29x34 ran long in length too, they were actually over 34in.

anyway, thought i could share with you guys

these were the latest batch of JR jeans from the "post-pure-tech" collection excluding the hobo no wash @ Know It Nothing...

these are the Hoboken Asphalt 27/32

IMG_6732.jpg

IMG_6737.jpg

IMG_6733.jpg

IMG_6741.jpg

the material is real thin and awesome. real suitable for the summer as the denim is only 10.5 or 11oz this time and has slight sheen! i cant exactly remember

Not to forget, the asphalt has pre-baked creases on the back of both hems.

Hoboken Vain 27/32

IMG_6727.jpg

IMG_6729.jpg

these were my favorite from this collection. same thin and light weight denim plus they have a slight sheen which makes it look and feel coated which makes they real cool anyway

California Totally 3D 26-27/32 i can't remember

IMG_6742.jpg

IMG_6745.jpg

the new collection cali fit me pretty slim compared to the previous collections. Anyway, it was hard to show but these jeans are real dope with the crinkled effect to make it "3D". Denim is indigo with coated feel as well. Those who dont want the skinny but slim fit could go for this! definitely recommended!

Hoboken No Wash 31-32/34

IMG_6738.jpg

IMG_6740.jpg

The classic skinny indigo jeans withe the organic cotton.Model(not me) sized up 1 or 2 sizes to obtain a more relaxed/casual anti-fit.These are selvage and real comfy.

Anyway, thats all for now. I do hope I'm able to spread the love for great label and helped many decide with their next denim purchase! hah

I'm normally a W26-27 so i pretty much stick true to size for the jeans though i do agree i could size down 1 as it'll stretch after wear.. and was wearing a "Sifr" patchwork shirt

Good day ahead!

poof - whats your height and weight? The hoboken no wash still look quite skinny on you sized up in w31 if you normally wear w26-27.

I also tried on a pair of the hoboken vains yesterday...they were made of a very lightweight denim with a nice even wash and a slight sheen. Ordered them in w30 from the website. Will post pics when they arrive.

I bought some Cots grey Calis through the Julian Red webstore. Unfortunately there is a delay with customs in Sweden, and UPS in Australia are passing the buck. I'm hoping Julian Red will reply to my email, otherwise I'm picturing a long, drawn out, painful process.

Oh, BTW (!)...I have 2 pairs of JR D2 Sorrows, and a pair of selvage Calis if anyone needs measurements (32x32). I know what a bitch it is to buy online, so I'd be more than willing to help if anyone knee.d.sssss.

?I received 33x34 grey gardens today, it fits me pretty well (I sized up 3), thanks panicnation, goat, jonathan and colin for your big help.

About the quality, I should say grey gardens is not that impressive, most japanese brands do better.

size up 3? i found grey gardens to run fairly large everywhere but in the waist. kinda different from all other hobokens i have.

Yeah same for me, they seem to have changed producer or something. The text on the outside of the left pocket, where model, wash and size was, is gone on the new ones. The new ones also feels cheaper by some reason. Too bad, hoboken was the ultimate jeansmodel.

^^the old hobokens anyway from the first few seasons... like the black bullets, original no-wash, nikki sixx's.... The new ones ive tried just didn't fit or feel the same :(.

and sizing up 3... i wonder how this looks? Maybe he's sizing up 3 versus some vanity sized denims. In the older hobokens i could see going up 3 from APC size for example, but not with the way the newer ones fit.