Julian Red denim

apu

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jus bought of pair of jr cali no washs. i heard to buy in true waist so i got the 32 x 34 . little bit looser than i wanted. shoulda sized down one. any one know if the calis stretch a lot?

I had the same problem with my cali no wash. This season must be cut larger, as mine measured about 1 size larger than tagged. They haven't really stretched after a couple of months of wear, though. Sized down one on my grey calis as a result, and these things are much tighter....more though the legs than around the waist.

icic. thanks. as far as soaking goes , are the calis pre shrunk already? i remember reading that somewhere cause i was thinkn about hot soakin them to shrink them a bit.. but if not i dont want to soak them to prevent indigo loss

how much do hoboken dark dancers usually stretch?

I'm trying to see if I need them in 29 or 30 (29.13" or 30.31" according to rakuten size charts), I wear 26 in APC NS which have stretched a LOT (something like 15.5-15.6") and they fit great so I'm aiming for something around there after stretchy

• 2 weeks later...

just got these. Lady Hobo shy rinse. Got a size 29 because my 2 other pairs of hobokens are pretty loose in a size 30, but these things are tight! Wish i would have got the 30. Can't decide if i should return these or just try to wear them and stretch them out a little. The don't really feel uncomfortable, just a little tight in the waist, and i cant wear them as slouchy as my other hobos.

P7310853.jpg

P7310854.jpg

The denim feels pretty nice. Overall they remind me alot of the first edition hoboken no-wash.

• 2 weeks later...

bought some dark dancers (size 33). fit pic:

DSCN3457.jpg

what do you think?

i had size 34 before and though size 33 is perfect... but maybe i could have gone to size 32 (but the waist would have been very tight). do they stretch a lot?? should i keep or try to get some in size 32?

DSCN3457.jpg

what do you think?

i had size 34 before and though size 33 is perfect... but maybe i could have gone to size 32 (but the waist would have been very tight). do they stretch a lot?? should i keep or try to get some in size 32?

Would have gone with w32, they stretch out after a while (sometimes I bath with them if they're too tight)

• 2 weeks later...

Two questions: 1) So I'm seeing that the California No-Wash is about true to size, and are more of a slim fit, so would they be larger in the leg/thigh than the APC NSs? I wear a size 28, and am looking to buy the Calis in a size 30.

2) Does anybody know when F/W08 will drop?

Thanks.

My calis were slightly large. I have a size 32 and they measured 33 inches across the waist, so maybe keep that in mind. I think someone else said they had the same experience recently, so it may be common with this (latest) run.

Can't help you with the NS thing, as I've never owned them

what do you think?

I suggest staying with 33. 32 would be uncomfortably tight and the fit looks right on, maybe hem them slightly though. I have had pairs in size 28 and 29 and do not think they stretch out that much.

I want to try a pair of the Lady Hobo CotS Black I found on the Julian Red Store but it seems like they are sold out. There are sizes listed but I can not add the item to my cart?

Two questions: 1) So I'm seeing that the California No-Wash is about true to size, and are more of a slim fit, so would they be larger in the leg/thigh than the APC NSs? I wear a size 28, and am looking to buy the Calis in a size 30.

2) Does anybody know when F/W08 will drop?

Thanks.

My 32 x 34 Cali No wash that I've worn for maybe 2 months have stretched to a 35 waist. I've hot soaked them a couple times and they have shrunk back a little but within a few days shrink right back out. My tiger of sweden raw jeans were a 30 and are now just a tad snug at 32 after a couple weeks and my 30 NS are now about a 33 after almost a month and are pretty much perfect in terms of comfort.

I find that the cut is very different ( cali vs NS). Cali i find is much more tapered below the knee... Maybe thats just because mine have stretched so much in the waist and thigh? The NS are much boxier up top also, and they are a bit wider throughout the thigh and leg.

Hope this helps...

kromophobic: thanks, can't +rep, but will do when I can.

So are the Calis very tapered? I knew they were somewhat slim, but I didn't realize that there was a conceivably large difference between the APC and the Calis taper...do you think these run more towards being similar to NCs than NSs?