Sign in to follow this  
lambretta76

Ueno (Tokyo) sneaker/clothing shops?

What are the best sneaker and clothing shops in Ueno? (I heard that this is the place to go to for limited edition shoes and the such.) In particular, are there any that would carry stylish kicks in larger sizes - like Japan size 29 or 30? (US 11s and 12s) I know they exist - I have a pair of Evisu kicks that are US size 12. Also, any good shops selling these at discounts?

Cheers -

L76

Personally I don't think Ueno is the "best place" to go for limited edition shoes. My personal favorite places are Harajuku and Daikanyama (In between Shibuya and Meguro). While the tokyo maps on superfuture is good, its not the best cuz some of the places are dated. Try the Men's Non-no map service, http://mensnonno.shueisha.co.jp/map/ which is dynamic flash and updates pretty often. In Harajuku try Chapter World and if I remember correctly Diakanyama has a grip of small kick stores. Prolly the only shoe I remember famous in Ueno was the Sakura-Ueno shoe Nike did a couple months back. Haven't been to Ueno in a while so could be wrong though....

Yeah - had already planned to spend a decent amount of time in Daikanyama - thanks for heads up on that other map - I'll have to print it out to take w/me...

Since I'm probably going to hit Ueno anyways just to see what's out there (most of these are at least imports to us here in the States) - can you recommend any of those. (Chapter World has been added to the list of stores to hit in Harajuku.)

There were tons of places in UENO when I went a few years ago. They're under tents and stuff. Awesome stores though. Tons of stuff.

Mita is in Ueno

but I found Ueno to the best place to find older stuff I like like Footscapes and Librettos, which arent too attractive to most jordan and dunk nerds

hey im going to osaka and tokyo in july.. Im japanese and white. Im looking for exclusive nike dunks, bapes and those types of shoes and apparel. where is the best place to go for the hip hop style type of clothes?

Go to Shibuya, Center Gai Street, that area is pretty much the epi-center of hip-hop in Tokyo. The biggest hip-hop clubs in Japan are there: Harlem, Club Asia, and Vuenos. In Osaka, try the area near club I-to-I. Also check out the Five Star Clothing store; its by the Doberman Inc. crew: http://www.dobermaninc.com . As for the LA Avenue shop, the website is http://www.laavenue.jp/ and its located across the PARCO department store in Kichijoji.

Edited by djrajio on Jun 5, 2005 at 08:25 PM

Does this pretty much still apply or has it changed within a year?