top 5 dead or alive [rappers]

chizzua

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Mac Dre is the greatest. Listen to some real Mac Dre song and you will know why.

2. Andre Nickatina another great. (this is more a preference placement but def deserves top five status)

3. Tupac (has to be in the top 3)

4. Too Short (wrote the game)

5. Jay Z/Nas (love both)

Honorable mentions

Eminem

Lil Wayne

Biggie

1. Mac Dre is the greatest. Listen to some real Mac Dre song and you will know why.

2. Andre Nickatina another great. (this is more a preference placement but def deserves top five status)

3. Tupac (has to be in the top 3)

4. Too Short (wrote the game)

5. Jay Z/Nas (love both)

Honorable mentions

Eminem

Lil Wayne

Biggie

WTF...........

Actually...after reading the rest of the thread, all the lists are bad...

Rick ross?...Lil Wayne?...2 FUCKING SHort? PUSHA T????

BEST RAPPERS OF ALL TIME

1. 2pac

2. B.I.G

3. Nas

4. Rakim

5. Jay-z*

Honarable.

BIG PUN

BIG L

Cannibus

eminem

WU

FAB

^^^ pretty good list.. i think people should start elaborating on their decisions. some of these are just "my 5 fav rappers list omgomogmgo!"... so explain in your post why you think they deserve top5.

Well Cannibal Ox is two people, and I'd definitely sayVordul Megilah is head and shoulders above Vast Aire.

Yes, I realize that Can Ox is comprised of two people, I was just suprised to see C0C0 mention them.

I love Vast Aire Kramer over Vordul Megullah, though. I like Vordul's lyrics but at times I feel like he's trying to say too much. He trips over his own words and as a result, his delivery becomes sloppy and it becomes hard for the listener to pick up on all of his lines. Basically, his words / the beat own him rather than it being the other way around. This is even more evident in the Can Ox live set.

I think Vast Aire has a very effortless, and some what laid back flow and good breath control. To me, he delivery is very reminiscent of Biggie's. His lines come off crisp and you know what he's saying the first time you hear him.

This is just my personal opinion of course, so I hope you don't take offense.

Mac Dre will always be the greatest in my books and i do look at my list and tell me what is your fav mac dre song and ill see if you know any thing( im fairly well verse in other rappers and i know i have bias sence im from his sister city(home city) but i can unstant Too Short remarks, that is more preference than anything (but the man can rap in my books.) but my list is legit compare to any other i belive.

Guest StuckOnStupid
i've thought carefully about this, and have decided to toss in my take.

1. Biggie

2. Slick Rick

3. KRS-One

4. Ice Cube

5. Big Daddy Kane

thats a good politically correct list you have assembled, my taino friend. however you are just not allowed to have ice cube on there anymore....

There was a time, not too long ago, that if you dreamed about saying something derogatory about Cube, he would be standing over you when you woke up with the AK demanding an apology....

ice%20cube-amerikkkas%20most%20wanted%20boot.jpg

Now this dude is a fuckin babysitter.

08.jpg

That jherri curl was his source of strength and power. He done got Sam-sonned.

Guest StuckOnStupid

also i want to get in on this thread, but i would probably reveal my true identity by naming the rappers i like the most right now.

Basically im just lurking until i see some 19 year old flip from pomona name the Freestyle Fellowship as 1 thru 5 and then i can smack the fucking shit out of them.

thats a good politically correct list you have assembled, my taino friend. however you are just not allowed to have ice cube on there anymore....

There was a time, not too long ago, that if you dreamed about saying something derogatory about Cube, he would be standing over you when you woke up with the AK demanding an apology....

Now this dude is a fuckin babysitter.

That jherri curl was his source of strength and power. He done got Sam-sonned.

My view is, Cube can no longer be considered a rapper, so anything he does now

has no reflection whatsoever on the Cube that once roamed America's West Coast.

Also,

3zbduo4.jpg

Come on, now.

As far as my list being PC, yeah... I actually fucking hate Biggie and think he's hilariously overrated most days.

Guest StuckOnStupid

remember when ice cube wore that parka with "Bitch Killa" stiched into it?

amazing.

i remeber i used to get high with my boy greed and be like "yo man...what would you do if Ice Cube walked up and called you a kkkracker opressor devil and smacked the shit outta you? huh? what would you do man? well? tell me? devil!"

he didnt like it.

i also remember playing death certificate while having sex with a white woman.

she didnt like it either.

Guest StuckOnStupid

im not even joking either. her name was Leanne. i didnt even really do it consciously, when i was younger i used to only listen to rap, even while fuck(kk)ing, and i just threw it in.

she finally asked me to change it when that song about "skanky ass cave bitch" or whatever came on. it was ferociously uncomfortable.

Guest StuckOnStupid
i remember seeing a pic of ice cube in a huge black fur coat with a white lench mob t and a white cap that said 'nigga' in all caps on it! must find...

i remember that!!!

i also remember he and his lench mob cronies had custom starter-style snap-backs that said "LOOTERS" in the LA Raiders font. those were the shit.

Sorry guys...

I can't just limit my top DOA rappers to just 5 or put them in any order.

Nonetheless, Here's my list (again, not in any particular order):

Jay-z : Although some call him overrated, hes an intelligent rapper with a few good story songs (ie Meet the Parents)

Nas

Common

Black Thought

Rakim

Biggie

Em

Mos

Pac : even though he contradicted himself through some songs (ie I Get Around & Brenda's got a baby)

Lupe: to elborate cuz Lupe's a fairly new artist, his lyrics are on a point...a very conscious & intelligent rapper.

I know i'm missing a few but i'm at work and tired as shit....

Yes, I realize that Can Ox is comprised of two people, I was just suprised to see C0C0 mention them.

I love Vast Aire Kramer over Vordul Megullah, though. I like Vordul's lyrics but at times I feel like he's trying to say too much. He trips over his own words and as a result, his delivery becomes sloppy and it becomes hard for the listener to pick up on all of his lines. Basically, his words / the beat own him rather than it being the other way around. This is even more evident in the Can Ox live set.

I think Vast Aire has a very effortless, and some what laid back flow and good breath control. To me, he delivery is very reminiscent of Biggie's. His lines come off crisp and you know what he's saying the first time you hear him.

This is just my personal opinion of course, so I hope you don't take offense.

No offense taken at all my good man, and actually I was using your quote as a replacement for c0c0's because I was too lazy to go get it. But in terms of who's the better MC, of course, this is all IMO and I don't actually think I'm gonna convince anyone over to my side... but my reasoning is that Vordul may trip over his words sometimes but his voice, his tone is way sharper, Aire tries to make it sound like he's delivering a knockout line everytime he spits but it's usually some mediocre metaphor or something. Vordul has a harsh tone, a sharper intination that I think is far superior to Vast's childlike verses.

Crillz - My preference for Vast over Vordul isn't going to change, nevertheless I appreciate your differing opinion on who's the better emcee. You do make a good point when you say that Vast tries to deliver a "knockout line everytime," and that certainly doesn't work a lot of times. All in all, I think Vast and Vordul's styles complement each other very well, and I'm looking forward to hearing more from the both of them.