Cell phone fades

qwertyuiop5

What do you think of front pocket cell phone fades?  

157 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of front pocket cell phone fades?

• Good
    • Bad

seems like a majority of ppl here dislike putting their mobile in their front left/right pockets as it looks ugly

so i am just wondering, would u put ur mobile in ur front pockets if u weren't wearing jeans? that is if you do wear other forms of lower half clothing other than jeans

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man i'm sick of this whole "representing you and your daily activities" shit, just wear jeans, if you want it to have a fucking brass knuckle fade in the pocket, fine, whatever, it doesnt matter if it represents your life, its just denim

seems like a majority of ppl here dislike putting their mobile in their front left/right pockets as it looks ugly

so i am just wondering, would u put ur mobile in ur front pockets if u weren't wearing jeans? that is if you do wear other forms of lower half clothing other than jeans

I like to keep my phone as far away from my balls as possible-just the idea of something that emits microwaves near my balls makes me feel uncomfortable. It's fine pressing it to the side of my head for hours on end though...

It does suck having cell phone fades and then getting a new cell that has a totally different profile. My old SE left button imprints and everything in my first pair of Nudies. I've got a Chocolate now and I wish I had it from the start since it's so smooth and has rounded edges. Same with my wallet. Went from a fat bulky wallet to one of those slim All-Ett deals and my back pocket looks kind of retarded now without the bulge to match the fade.

Guest StuckOnStupid
I dont keep things in my front pockets (besides coin pocket) to prevent uneven fades and weird bulges... and because I find it uncomfortable.

I don't think front pocket fades look bad though.

yeah, you look kind of misshapen and lumpy keeping stuff in yr front pockets with tight jeans. im already misshapen and lumpy so its a double whammy.

Guest jeffvyain

back pocket is the way to go unless your jeans are baggy as hell. the only thing i stick in my front pockets is loose change, and it hasn't nothing to do with the fade and everything to do with the fact that i can't get more than a few fingers in my front pockets with ease, so it's just not worth it. Sometimes my keys make it in my front pocket, but those are easy to get out...a phone, not so much. back pocket it is

i've posted this before and the pic is from few months ago, but i personally hate the way my pocket fades with my cell phone in their naked. that's why i decided to get a leather case for it. this way, i also get to enjoy the aging of the leather as well as getting what i think is a better looking fade in my back pocket.

obviously, it's a bit more of a hassle to get to my phone everytime someone calls me, but this is for the love my denim. :D

muji_inside_1-17-07.jpg

I've been keeping my phone in my right front pocket pretty much ever since I had one... on my dry denims you can really pick up the form of the phone now, even where the camera bulb on the phone was, which I find cool looking. Now I have a new phone and indead ideally you would have to switch phone when starting on a new pair of dry's but that might be too much -expensive- hassle.

I do happen to like the uneven fading of my pockets due to whatever the hell ends up in there, I find it puzzleling how when I actually do was my jeans and empty the pockets all kinds of weird stuff from the past year of your life comes out, I have little piles at home...

But go which ever way you like, I just hate having to think where my phone/keys/wallet are so I keep them in their 'fixed places': right front/left front/left back. So I can check in 0.5 sec if I have everything with me.

But then again I am quite thin a 28 or 29 and after some breaking in they are more then loose enough to carry stuff around in, I just hate sitting on things not as flat a my wallet in my back pockets. (yeah it's usually pretty empty, I actually spend my change so it doesn't botter me when I sit down)

Go however you like..

I am a little surprised at the amount of people that hate cell phone fades or think that they get in the way of the rest of the denim fading.

One of the biggest attractions to denim for me is the honesty in the fabric. If my jeans are a reflection of my life and lifestyle then me having a cell phone in my pocket is a part of my life and should also be reflected in my denim. I suppose the counter to this argument is that many people out there go out of their way to fade denim unnaturally or put odd shaped things in their pockets to fade in certain patterns and thus denim can only be a reflection of the truth you choose to express.

Cell phones may be a fleeting part of the technology used by our society, Maybe there will be some new form of communication soon (such as the ansible like in the novel "The Left Hand of Darkness" ) I for one think that cell phone fades could be an interesting earmark of late 20th and early 21st century denim.

But that is just me, be true to your denim and let it tell your story.

I put my phone in my back left pocket...Somehow it's not broken.

You should have seen my old phone.The antenna snapped off (not those pull out ones, one of those thick stubby ones) and the screen cracked.

u got keypad lock on?

Yeah but the unlock buttons are on the sides and I fear the phone might call people if I put it a really tight pocket. The pockets on my NS are definitely roomy enough to accomodate my phone though.

I find myself wearing a hoodie or pocketed garment everytime I get dressed anyway so I don't even put my phone in any of my pockets most days.

I was gonna start a poll about wang fades, but people can answer here too.

Good? Bad?]

jeff003.jpg

Unfortunately I'm not getting the desired 13" coiled cock fade that jeffyvain is getting on his Samurais, I just have the sharp 3" line on my left thigh from my RAZR, and no whiskers on that side. I hate cell phone fades, would gladly trade them for a big coiled cock fade.