Converse x John Varvatos S/S 07

ouss

Not unless you glue the laces on.

Are you sure? I thought the eyelets were still open, and that particular part isn't attached to the tongue. I believe -- and correct me if I am wrong -- that the tongue is attached to the upper where the seam is. You should be able to add laces, they just wouldn't really be functional.

Also, I find these particular shoes underwhelming. The only ones that are decent are the all black ones, and that's only because you can't get regular canvas Purcells in that color.

im looking for a "summer" shoe, these might do the trick...they have the lows at barneys for $95.. yet, i cant see myself paying full price.

fatwallet.com

i agree. not feeling the laceless converse?

are they making any more of the crazy lace chucks?

those i would like to have.

Ace.

They came out with a cream coloured version of the crazy lace for this season, in addition to the black and blue ones.

• 2 months later...

what a fucking waste of money.

Youre pretty much paying for the transparent sole thingy and a tiny john varvatos thing inside... and of course, the thought that youre wearing something x JV.

The best one from the collab i think are the painted hightops IMO.

Saw them at Barney's Coop. Didn't cop them. thought, oh shit, I'm spending 100+ dollars on this.. but it really looks like some black cons just painted with white paint. looks nice but i ended up spending the 100 + 51 $ on a reserved pair of New Standards.

I like the high top painted ones

JOM01307_176950.jpg

But I find it hard to justify paying $100 for cons, varvatos or not

Saw them at Barney's Coop. Didn't cop them. thought, oh shit, I'm spending 100+ dollars on this.. but it really looks like some black cons just painted with white paint. looks nice but i ended up spending the 100 + 51 $ on a reserved pair of New Standards.

Shit, new standards are just denim pieces sewn together. And you can get them for $112 shipped from denimbar

Are you sure? I thought the eyelets were still open, and that particular part isn't attached to the tongue. I believe -- and correct me if I am wrong -- that the tongue is attached to the upper where the seam is. You should be able to add laces, they just wouldn't really be functional.

The eyelets are indeed open but fused into the tongue for the slip-on effect, thus you cannot slip the laces through the eyelets. You can technically lace from the 4th eyelet-on-up but it would be pointless and look dumb.