Black Metal Saved My Life

Guest Airjamie

Guest Airjamie
i was going to go to a black metal show when i was in oslo 2 years ago. There were a bunch of flyers for some shows but the tickets were close to $40 which is insane for any band. Norway was too expensive.

Then i guess i shouldnt complain about nachtmystium being $25 here. Although mayhem=n'sync over there.

I think that's the wrong way to go about this. She might not want Sammies.

We should buy her something and get the goods straight from the source.

How does rohypnol work over the internet?

Guest itsmeJT
are we really going to take this shit from a dude that has a line from 90s alternapop

one-hit-wonders Wheatus as his signature?

Black Metal ist krieg, duh.

I grew up with a healthy dose of black metal in my musical diet- mostly the more well-known names, along with tons of label/country comps filled with ear-shredding nameless bands. The current American stuff, in my opinion, is better than most of the current European stuff. Darkthrone's latest sounds like shitty hardcore music- Nachtmystium, on the other hand, is a slice of black hole sonic skullfuckery.

The third wave black metal coming out of France and Sweden really tears though- how are people missing out on this stuff? Maybe its my personal taste, but they're ten times more focused on good stuff like Satanism and the Occult, and they're a lot more interesting in terms of integrating different sounds into the black metal framework, like ambient industrial, death/apocalyptic folk, etc. I guess people argue over whether or not these bands are really black metal because of their use of non-black metal sonic elements, but evil is as evil does, man.

Being a tanned puerto rican, I have obviously glaring problems with bands like Graveland and Nokturnal Mortum- not to mention that their songwriting skills are severely lacking. Okay, blast beat, blast beat, off-time shred, white power, blah blah.

Do something interesting.

Anyway, I just want to say:

wheatus.jpg

That's for you, JT

hey man i was just joking about all that stuff really :P!:P!

bm3.jpg

i'm the one with the top hat

black metal ist krieg am i right!?!?!?!

i love black metal my favourite band is tortured babycorpse whats yours l0l?

Someone post some good new black metal bands, I'm looking at you OMC. I haven't listened to any new stuff coming out of the scene other than Boris and Sunn 0))), which according to the OP is Black Metal, so other than that I've got nothing. I've got my OG black metal stuff and I need some new (baby) meat.

I didn't really get into any metal until about 4 years ago, and I regret not diving into it earlier.

The first band I really got into was Celtic Frost, which is a black metal band from Zurich. I love their album Morbid Tales. Like most of you I'm into more of the bigger named black metal bands, but luckily I had a couple real good friends who live & breathe the genre and would expose me to shit that I probably wouldn't have came across.

The third wave black metal coming out of France and Sweden really tears though- how are people missing out on this stuff?

Yo, OMC .. I haven't gotten any new metal shit in a minute, since the summer. Any bands you suggest?

Guest Airjamie
Someone post some good new black metal bands, I'm looking at you OMC. I haven't listened to any new stuff coming out of the scene other than Boris and Sunn 0))), which according to the OP is Black Metal, so other than that I've got nothing. I've got my OG black metal stuff and I need some new (baby) meat.

In my opinion, one of the best new(ish) BM bands today is watain, heres the link to their myspace

http://profile.myspace.com/116641082

Also a great up and coming band are some good friends of mine Thee Kvlt Ov ouroboros

http://profile.myspace.com/12389659

Unearthly trance, not quite black metal but still great

http://profile.myspace.com/26508318

nachtmystium

http://profile.myspace.com/80148364

Leviathan

http://profile.myspace.com/86196010

Deathspell Omega

http://profile.myspace.com/85728687

I am too lazy and too bogged down with homework to provide myspace links, but to AirJ's list, I will add:

Blut Aus Nord

Antaeus

Forest Silence

Taake

Spektr

Draupnir - jesus on a fucking pony, find their myspace page and listen to the song

"Black and Vicious"- black metal usually is completely devoid of anything resembling a groove, but the first verse passage of this song is like... its almost funky. it rollicks like some hard bop jazz, except it is evil as all hell. it blew my mind when i first heard it. I don't know if anyone gets affected by music the way that I do, but this song is godlike to me.

Can't believe I forgot Xasthur.

And Melechesh. This is the Israeli band, right?

The new Satyricon, if we're talking about Now, Diabolical, is really good in

my opinion. The production is really clean without sacrificing too much ferocity.

I realized now after hyping the hell out of Draupnir, I don't have the full album

Black and Vicious by them. Does anyone have any reliable links to torrent sites

or weirdo Russian websites that have full versions of European metal releases?

This stuff is still incredibly hard to come by in the US, as polishmike has mentioned

previously.

Melechesh is from Netherlands, new album is called Emissaries.

http://www.myspace.com/melechesh

Now, Diabolical is very good. Satyricon is one of the best live bands I've seen.

I don't even download bm anymore. I go to my friends house and after night of drinking vodka with only tomato juice I come out with a dvd full of mp3s. I'll ask him if he has Draupnir and if he does I'll get it for you. There are few older bands that played exactly same style, I'll try to look through my cds and let you know.

Melechesh is from Netherlands, new album is called Emissaries.

http://www.myspace.com/melechesh

Now, Diabolical is very good. Satyricon is one of the best live bands I've seen.

I don't even download bm anymore. I go to my friends house and after night of drinking vodka with only tomato juice I come out with a dvd full of mp3s. I'll ask him if he has Draupnir and if he does I'll get it for you. There are few older bands that played exactly same style, I'll try to look through my cds and let you know.

I thought this was an entirely different band called Melechesh, but it is the same gorup- they formed originally in Jerusalem and are now based in the Netherlands. Their earlier album, Djinn, is really, really good.

I'd greatly appreciate it if you can manage to get that Draupnir album for me, the few tracks that I have are really good.

Makes sense; although I could've sworn the release date was some time in December...

the wait begins.

Most likely it's on some obscure french label so you can never be sure of the release date.

Because of this thread I've been listening to black metal for past few hours and trying to find my old band t-shirts. I found some pictures from a Metalfest in I think 98 or 99 where some russian and swedish guys made a hole in the wall between their rooms in the motel in Asbury Park, NJ. I also have a picture of a passed out drunk chick with an empty bottle of everclear next to her and her face in an open bible covered in vomit. I need to get a scanner :D

Watain owns all.............

funny that you should say that. the lead singer where one of my best friends in my teens, he lived next door from me...We did alot of stupid shit, and I actually sat through alot of their early shitty reheaesals. I cant belive how big they´ve become, really cool

Guest StuckOnStupid

Black Metal?

Say no more friends...say no more...

living_color1.jpg

I was just (ahem) 'Rocking Out' to "The Cult Of Personality' as I got out of bed this morning. For my dollar, it doesnt get much harder than Living Color!

Seriously though, remember the guy always wore these one-peice neon colored Body Glove things? What the fuck?

Black Metal?

Say no more friends...say no more...

living_color1.jpg

I was just (ahem) 'Rocking Out' to "The Cult Of Personality' as I got out of bed this morning. For my dollar, it doesnt get much harder than Living Color!

i <3 you and living color.

Abigail Williams

Behemoth (older stuff)

Dark Funeral (of course)

Emperor

Abigail Williams (fucking awesome)

abigail williams sucks.