Black Metal Saved My Life

Guest Airjamie

Guest Airjamie

This thread is way overdue...so here it is, the board for people who just wont sink low enough to post on actual metal boards, talk about:

Goats

How you totally had a bullet belt in the day (stfu, i know you did)

Whether or not SUNN 0))) is an actual band or not

How SUNN 0))) remember what the hell they played on the cd

How fucked it is that Hedi is always harping on gay bands like razorlight and doesnt give Darkthrone an endorsement deal

If Skull made boris jeans, how many people youd kill to get them

Why Samoth doesnt model for margiela

Junglejane/how hot Junglejane is/ why you never see chicks like Junglejane at shows/ how we all secretly crush the fuck out on Junglejane

How we all know Minya is secretly that dude from leviathan

If i were Minya (that dude from leviathan), how Junglejane would totally go out with me

Where to get slipknot masks

Is Corpsepaint REALLY the new cardigan?

GOATS

How that band SIGH from japan is just totally fucking fruity

Abruptum wears Julian Red

I don't even know where to start here. Black metal was such a big part of my teenage years. I used to go to as many shows as possible and met some really interesting people. Before I moved to US I saw almost all of my heroes live and my passion slowly died down when I saw practically non existent scene in the US. I had the pleasure of seeing Gorgoroth, Dark Funeral, Immortal, Emperor, Satyricon, Behemoth, Enslaved, Mayhem, Marduk, Graveland, Dimmu Borgir, Lux Occulta, Mortiis just to name a few. Also I loved Darkthrone, Nokturnal Mortum, Abruptum, Carpathian Forest, Infernum, Burzum and still listen to them occasionally.

I disagree about the girls in the scene. I met some very pretty ladies in mid to late 90s and I met some of them very well. I also traveled to almost every big show in US during that time. Goats and dead animals were always pretty close to the scene as well as almost every band member being sure that their blood is ice cold. I met Bam Margera for the first time at a metal show and remember him not wanting to get into the pit with us pollacks. I don't think that black metal every picked up in US like it did in Europe. I still have many good memories and keep in touch with many friends that refuse to wear anything but black and are plotting to burn a church every time they get drunk.

yes on corpse paint. but fuck all that american black metal. norway and sweden are whats up.

Cheap monday must have been such a relief for a all metal dudes. I remember my friends in the pre-CM days buying girls black stretch denim and then taking it in alot in the legs.Fenriz should get an endorsement deal.

IT from abrutum is a dwarf, so he probably wears cheap monday aswell. He should get the dior sponsorship though. would look great.

Satyr should be decked out in Julius or similar goth-ninja steez.

sunn o is neiter band nor music.

Guest Airjamie

Bam is a douchebag who does nothing but leech. Not to mention he listens to bullshit like cradle of filth and him. Fucking him.

but fuck all that american black metal. norway and sweden are whats up.

I agree to a certain extent. Judas iscariot, black witchery, leviathan, are all examples of us black metal acts that fucking slay. And, while most wont recognize them, ive always thought Orchid had a strongly black metal sound, and ive never met anyone that think orchid suck.

Guest Airjamie

Shaftiel is a fucking nutcase. Have you seen that video interview of him where hes got the aviators on talking about being better than everyone? The funny thing is hes getting all david lee roth infront of a whole shelf of fucking D&D books. That shit killed absu for me.

I used to be into black metal a few years ago. I liked mainly the big names though, Burzum, darkthrone, marduk, mayhem, immortal, and other bands i'm just drawing a blank.

i even dressed up for halloween!

Picture021.jpg

i look back on it now, and i can't believe i was into all that shit...

Guest Airjamie
pathetic bully victim music

please grow up and out of this angsty phase, i fear for you, i truly do.

Sorry dude I'll run over to the store for some bloc party ASAP.

Guest itsmeJT
Yeah im pretty sure JT will be there huffing pole for hours. In a totally un-angsty way.

huffing pole? what is this 'kvltish' term, i am not antichrist enough.

HAIL!!!!!!!!

are we really going to take this shit from a dude that has a line from 90s alternapop

one-hit-wonders Wheatus as his signature?

Black Metal ist krieg, duh.

I grew up with a healthy dose of black metal in my musical diet- mostly the more well-known names, along with tons of label/country comps filled with ear-shredding nameless bands. The current American stuff, in my opinion, is better than most of the current European stuff. Darkthrone's latest sounds like shitty hardcore music- Nachtmystium, on the other hand, is a slice of black hole sonic skullfuckery.

The third wave black metal coming out of France and Sweden really tears though- how are people missing out on this stuff? Maybe its my personal taste, but they're ten times more focused on good stuff like Satanism and the Occult, and they're a lot more interesting in terms of integrating different sounds into the black metal framework, like ambient industrial, death/apocalyptic folk, etc. I guess people argue over whether or not these bands are really black metal because of their use of non-black metal sonic elements, but evil is as evil does, man.

Being a tanned puerto rican, I have obviously glaring problems with bands like Graveland and Nokturnal Mortum- not to mention that their songwriting skills are severely lacking. Okay, blast beat, blast beat, off-time shred, white power, blah blah.

Do something interesting.

Anyway, I just want to say:

wheatus.jpg

That's for you, JT