Selvage, set the record straight.

superslim

now i have a question:

another word for "jeans"? - denim? but then denim could be jacket, shirt, overall, cap, backpack, socks, underwear;p, etc...

maybe indigo-twill trouser?;p

you might say denim jacket or jean jacket but wont say denim-jeans, right? hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

i'm serious guys!

you might say denim jacket or jean jacket but wont say denim-jeans, right?

I thought the phrase "denim jeans" was quite commonplace? Like saying "Blue Jeans". icon_smile_question.gif

Many times I've heard the term 'jeans' used to describe Levis style 5 pocket pants that weren't made in denim. eg. 5 pocket pants in garment dyed twill.

Maybe it's just me LOL.

Quote:

now i have a question:

another word for "jeans"? - denim? but then denim could be jacket, shirt, overall, cap, backpack, socks, underwear;p, etc...

maybe indigo-twill trouser?;p

you might say denim jacket or jean jacket but wont say denim-jeans, right? hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

i'm serious guys!

--- Original message by urban sprawl on Jun 2, 2005 01:34 PM

Um right. Denim Jeans sounds kind of like you are an old man.

" What are those ya got on? Denim jeans?"

Denim, when the word stands alone and is being used outside on the street, implies jeans right? Or not so right?

XOXO

Selvedge for girls? Try APC or Gas (they have a womens selvedge style called Harlan S). For something more extreme the 21oz Iron Heart's look great.

http://www.works-corp.com/iron/twenty_one/index.html

However, your GF will probably be more concerned with how her arse looks in the jeans rather than the denim per se, so she may prefer other jeans (eg stretch denim jeans), of which there are a plethora of good brands.

Urban Sprawl! I mean REALLY!!

I've said it over and over Selvage, raw, and female do not always go together.

But like this other guy said, if she was wearing seven she is into FIT and not so much the denim. She likes them tight, boot cut, flattering in the seat right?

Selvage and raw denim are tricky in the fit for females. Usually ladies don't like it.

APC Dry is the best bet. But it is a slim fit all the way down. Not a boot cut. But she should try.

The Iron Hearts are amazing BUT she is used to wearing a 10oz. 21 oz I am bettiing will make her uncomfortable. Besides, it's HOT out!

You could also look for hours and days and months and years for a vintage pair in a small size. But since her jeans fell apart I am sure you are looking for something more immediate.

But if she likes them baggy, it opens up a whole new world. She can then get any men's style 2 sizes larger then her norm, get a great belt to lessen the distance from the waist band to the end of the fly which will look very long to her, and she's got herself any selvage / raw denim available to men. She should at least try. it's really cute and very cozy.

other nice brands for her to check out:

Nudie

Rag and Bone

5EP

45 RPM

Rogan

If you want more info send me a personal message

XOXO

Edited by superslim on Jun 5, 2005 at 01:38 PM

For ladies' quality denim, Denimbirds comes to mind, there are various cuts, maybe some are selvage, not sure which ones. Another Swedish one, called Pace ( http://pace-wear.com.loopiadns.com ) makes dry, selvage, Japanese, female denim models.

Of course there is APC, which is perfect if she likes that style. She could, perhaps, get a Dior Homme selvage dry denim if she finds one that she can fit into, since Dior Homme has a low waist and slim cut, and some women wear it.

if you want i could get them for you. a friend of mine owns a shop, and he sells it.

i even would get 10 % discount. he opened recently in stuttgart/ germany.

the shop is called ''geschwisterliebe''.

if you dont trust me, what i understand completely, i can give you his phone nr.

i am sure he will ship to US. the price range is between 130-170 euros, depending what style.

but maybe you can also try some swedish online retailer.

good luck

Urban sprawl do you have any idea what "Hope you didn't get wet too much" just sounded like?

I will send all of you personal messages within the next few days about the pace jeans. I really appreciate all of your offers. I will surely be takinging one of you up on it! Doesn't matter who.

THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!!!

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX!!!!!

XOXO

Quote:

For ladies' quality denim, Denimbirds comes to mind, there are various cuts, maybe some are selvage, not sure which ones. Another Swedish one, called Pace ( http://pace-wear.com.loopiadns.com ) makes dry, selvage, Japanese, female denim models.

Of course there is APC, which is perfect if she likes that style. She could, perhaps, get a Dior Homme selvage dry denim if she finds one that she can fit into, since Dior Homme has a low waist and slim cut, and some women wear it.

--- Original message by Geowu on Jun 5, 2005 04:01 PM

Hey the Pace denim is quite nice. I read on the site that all denim was pre-shrunk, so wouldn't that be a one wash, not dry? The back pocket stitching looks alot like Denimbirds. Cool Jeans all the same. Has anyone got a pair?

Hey have any of you denimheads checked out Workshop Denim before?

http://www.workshop.co.nz/

It's a New Zealand based company that makes some sweet selvage. They have been going for 20 odd years and I grew up on there Jeans., sweet cuts, good denim. They use italian and Japanese selvage. They could be quite cheap for you guys as out dollar is shite, but picking up. Pretty cheap for the pound. Check them out