Movies that Make You Tear Up

kauflust

• 2 weeks later...

American History X? What part? o.o;

To be honest, I agree with alot of what was posted. The most recent that's had me close to tears was Click. :l Even for me, I find it difficult to take Adam Sandler seriously but there was two parts (together) that got me.

The scene where he finds out his dad died when he's visiting his son in his office. That compounds the (close to) final scene where Adam Sandler chases his family in the rain after ripping off his life support.

oh my god...

i watched "grave of the fireflies" in 7th grade in school when i lived in japan... directly preceding a class trip to hiroshima that was coming up.

i swear the entire class was collectively bawling their eyes out.

Haha. I didn't cry after watching that movie. Maybe it was because I was in Hawaii at the time and I was like "They bombed us first and shit! That's what they get!" War stories are usually pretty sad but if you look at it from another angle thats just how war is.

To be honest, I agree with alot of what was posted. The most recent that's had me close to tears was Click. :l Even for me, I find it difficult to take Adam Sandler seriously but there was two parts (together) that got me.

The scene where he finds out his dad died when he's visiting his son in his office. That compounds the (close to) final scene where Adam Sandler chases his family in the rain after ripping off his life support.

I have to admit that I was really surprised about how emotional that movie was.

one I dont think has been mentioned is 25th Hour. the whole movie is pretty mellow and somewhat depressing, but the ending struck me really strongly.

The Last Samurai when Katsumodo dies.

The Simpsons Movie when Marge records over the wedding tape.

The Fresh Prince of of Bel-Air when Will's deadbeat dad comes back. (this episode gets me teary eyed every single got damn time no matter how many times I've seen it) "how come he don't want me man?" *shivers*

Holy shit, I didn't even read this. What a fucking awesome episode.

i didn't read the whole thread so maybe repeat but at the end of lost in translation when he whispers shit in his ear i almost cried a lil bit 'cause i was going thought exactly the same thing and shit was personal.

also, when was young and in lion king when mufasa died and simba was trying to wake him up, i almost cried. but i kept my composure 'cause i was trying to hold this girl's hand. she was mad cute, rockin' the power rangers shirt.

Beauty & the beast: part when beast is dying, with belle holding beast on her arms and the last petal of the magical flower drops. Awwww.........:o

Meet joe black: when pitt and hopkins walk away from the final party to the end of the garden. Very touching scene. And also when Forlani looks at Pitt in the eyes during the end.

Serendipity: cant remember which scenes, but i remembered it as a pretty touching movie.

Finding Neverland... I was sobbing like a baby at the end

Tears rain down EVERY time I watch Finding Neverland. The scene when they recreate the play for their mom at home... killer. I've watched it at least a dozen times.

Two others that have been mentioned:

Dead Poets Society

Good Will Hunting - "It's not your fault. It's not your fault..."

rocky - watching a complete nobody becoming somebody even tho he doesn't win the final match, it doesn't matter anymore, because the journey was oh so sweet.

now the sequels for that matter .... well ....